Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

3.9

Sunscreen ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.55%, zinc oxide 3.50% -Titanium Dioxide -Zinc Oxide Other ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Mica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Diamond Powder, Iron Oxides.

on 7/14/2013 2:59:00 PM

I really wanted to love this product. It went on a like a dream. But it made me look shinier than I already am, and it caused lots of breakouts. Total bummer.

on 7/3/2013 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

MEH! Don't love, don't hate it. As a BB cream, not so great, as a tinted primer, much better. There is an asian brand BB cream that I love love love so this had big shoes to fill! Color selection is good, provides decent light coverage and is ok for days when I just want to even out my skin tone without a full face of makeup, I still have to powder to set it. Not a huge fan of the "silicon-y" feel that most people rave about, but that is why its a primer right. Really, I just wish tarte would have not tried to jump on the BB cream bandwagon and called it a tinted primer, having said that, I wouldn't have purchased it had it not said BB cream...but I do feel kind of mislead. I'm not sure that calling it a "treatment" is accurate either, there are no other good-for-your-skin qualities other than the spf. Will I use it up? sure, but I will not repurchase it.

on 7/1/2013 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love Asian bb creams, but was interested in trying a western bb cream and chose this bb cream in Light. This bb cream in great! It doesn't feel heavy on my skin and feels so smoothly when I put it on. Coverage for me is light, which is great for summer. Not my HG bb cream, but definetly in the top.

on 6/19/2013 2:24:00 PM

I wish this wasn't so expensive, as I would slather it all over my body. I even like this alone with a dusting of mineral powder. I do pair it with the Amazonian Clay foundation, and love the results. I am very pale, and while a bit darker than my skin, it is not a deal breaker. Provides a nice natural finish for a no make-up look, or a smooth base to begin your makeup routine, I also have an oily t-zone, and this helps absorb oil and make my look last longer.

on 6/17/2013 9:12:00 PM

I was on my second tube of Smashbox's BB cream when I decided to try Tarte's version. Why:
the Smashbox BB cream would oxidize to an unflattering grey over time and I wasn't very thrilled with the color match.
Tarte's BB cream started out wonderful but I had to discontinue because of chronic, persistent breakouts. I don't have sensitive skin so this was a real shocker for me. If it wasn't for that I would still be using it. I love the "slip", the finish, the color match (medium) and the lasting power.
Also the cap on my second tube broke within a week of opening; not good!

on 6/16/2013 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Oh my! I have found the perfect product for my face! I was playing with various powdered mineral foundations, but after using this, I am done searching. This is what I use as my foundation now, and I just can't gush enough about how much I love it. It's a bit pricey at $36, but a little goes a long way.

This stuff goes on like silk, and it spreads soooooo well. I didn't need very much at all. I applied it using a foundation brush. It offers light coverage which is buildable, and it was just enough to cover my imperfections, including redness. It didn't cover the redness completely; after all it is a bb cream and not a foundation (I have noticed some reviewers have unrealistic expectations of tinted moisturizers), but it did cover it enough without me having to glop on more products to cover the redness.

This bb cream makes my skin look smooth and flawless and amazing, and I don't look like I'm wearing anything at all. I didn't even need concealer for my dark undereye circles because the bb cream covered them perfectly. I set it with a very light dusting of mineral finishing powder.

EDIT: After using this product for a while, I have noticed that it tends to cake up on dry areas of my face, and it settles into my fine lines. I have dry facial skin, so I tried putting moisturizer on before I apply this bb cream. I have tried both a light daily moisturizer and a heavy-duty moisturizer and neither one seems to make a difference to how the bb cream reacts to those parts of my skin. If I put a primer on (I use aloe vera gel) after I moisturize and then apply the bb cream, it seems to help with the issue, but I think that's too much to do simply to wear this bb cream. I still really enjoy the coverage and the texture of it, but I don't think I will buy it again.

on 6/9/2013 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

Lately, I have been feeling extremely frustrated. I have been trying to find a foundation that will do what I want it to do. I have a medium complexion, redness, small bumps, and extremely oily and sensitive skin. Foundations either fade away after a very short time or look cakey and unnatural. So I started researching BB creams. Most of the ones I found are very sheer and give almost no coverage. I loved the staying power of the Amazonian Clay, so I decided to get a sample of this BB cream from Sephora. I'm SO glad I just got a sample rather than purchasing a full size tube right away.

To put it simply, this product was a HUGE disappointment. When you first put it on, it looks amazing. A pea sized amount is enough to cover my entire face. It covered the redness well and minimized the bumps. I did use a moisturizer and primer with this as well.

This product claims to last 12 hours. The Amazonian Clay foundation did last over 12 hours for me, so I was hoping this BB cream would do the same. But unfortunately, it did not. The areas where I have the most trouble with making staying put is on my nose and my cheeks. This BB cream faded away on both in a very short time. I would say it lasted less than 6 hours. Which is really disappointing. When I applied it this morning, I really liked the lightweight, natural coverage it gave me. I will not be purchasing a full-sized tube of this product.

on 6/6/2013 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I wanted to like this because it did control oil very, very well. However, I think it made me break out. I used it for almost a month, but by the end, I had to say it must be this causing me to have bumps all over my face. Also whiteheads and blackheads on my forehead that I am still living through the purge.

It's also very matte, and I never thought that there was such a thing as too matte, but this is. It definitely is not moisturizing, so any dry patch at all will be accentuated. It does apply like velvet as others have said. and that is dreamy!!

I wish I knew which ingredient was the problem, but now I'm too scared to try another BB cream! Too late to return this, so I guess I'll use it up on my nose as sunscreen.

Ok, I think I am a converter and will have to go and get a full size of this "stinker" just because I fell in love with it.
At first, when I saw the size of this BB cream I thought, no way in heck I'll be paying $34 for this and decided to try the amazonian clay foundation instead. A lovely girl at Sephora talked me through both products and really highlighted the part of this BB cream being a PRIMER not really a BB cream as we all think of it (Asian blah blah).
I am blessed with a decent skin but it is combination oily and I do get dry spots and small acne scars here and there so I wanted to see how well would this cover.
If you have a spotty face, this will NOT cover it up, you DO need to use a separate concealer which I am personally OK with and was expecting to do that regardless.
It applies so so effortlessly and feels like I have absolutely nothing on. I actually even checked my face through out the day to see if it slid off just because it felt so light on.
What this BB cream really is, is a tinted primer. It has a feel of a silky primer and it perfects the skin tone and pores. It keeps my oily T-zone matte/semi matte throughout the day, but I have to moisturize drier areas in order to avoid dry patches.

How I like to use it is I skip a moisturizer on my T-zone but do put some on drier areas. I apply the BB cream all over, cover the remaining spots on my face (pin point concealing technique is the best. Wach Lisa Eldridge on youtube if you don't know how to do it) and I set the whole thing with Laura Geller's Balance n Brighten powder foundation. Because it's a powder foundation you can really build the coverage.
This creates an absolutely flawless face for me and I think it's perfect for the humid summer months.

And the reason I gave this product 4 lippies is the price and yes, I have to go back and repurchase the full size dang it!

on 6/4/2013 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love love love it. It's so velvety smooth going on and the coverage is decent. It gives a flawless matte look. I set it with MAC mineralize powder. I will most def repurchase.