Thierry Mugler Angel

3.2

on 7/2/2005 5:22:00 PM

oh, i wanted to like this so much! i was getting my hair done one day and my stylist smelled *amazing*. i asked her what she was wearing and she said angel, which was suprising, b/c with chocolate and caramel notes, i had always assumed angel to be sweet girly perfume...this was very warm and vanillic, definately for a woman, not a girl. she let me try some, and on my clothes and in my hair this is yummy. picked it up and nordstroms in a set with shower gel and lotion, and wore it every day for about a month with loads of compliments. then, all of a sudden, the heart notes went bitter plastic-y on me for no reason. very sad. the initial notes are still sweet and warm, and the base notes vanilla and patucholi goodness, but the mid range, the one that lasts the longest, kills it for me. too bad.

on 7/2/2005 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Just looking at the many diverse reviews on Thierry Mugler's Angel fragrance it's clearly a very polarizing scent, you seemingly either love it or hate it. When it first came out in 1992 I remember I wasn't too impressed, but I revisited it recently at my local Nordstrom counter have to say I was intrigued enough to buy a bottle later the same week. The chocolate and caramel is delicious, and I also like the combination with the praline and the fruity notes. It's a rather bold fragrance that I use with a very light hand as it's very easy to overdo it. Not an everyday scent for me, but an interesting addition to my fragrance wardrobe that I wouldn't want to miss. I will repurchase.

on 7/2/2005 12:31:00 AM

This fragrance came up when I did a search for fragrances with chocolate undertones. I didn't smell anything resembling chocolate, but I liked it. I bought it at a discount from a well known website. I wouldn't pay the full price for it, but it was fine for the well-discounted price.

on 6/29/2005 7:43:00 PM

whenever i smell this it reminds me of a hippy hooker. it smells like a mix of candy and patchouli.. hence hippy hooker. too many people wear this and it is really heavy. in fact, i can smell it from across the room and when i do i generally leave the room. this is awful!

on 6/25/2005 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

One of the most polarizing fragrances I know -- sort of like Giorgio. What is that nasty BO element in this? Cumin? Smells like curry. Yuck. I cannot stand being around anyone wearing this, let alone wearing it myself. I am sure someone loves this bottle, but I prefer one that stands up on a shelf.

on 6/23/2005 3:40:00 PM

Reeks. This nausea-inducing scent should be called "Repel," because that's what it does.

on 6/23/2005 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Ugh! smelled like straight up patchuli on me, which is fine for some, but I hated it. My fiance smelled it on me, and he could not stand it. I will stick with my Chanel. I am glad I had a sample. However, when I wore it, I could not wait to take a shower. It was so overwhelmingly bad on me.

other fragrances I wear: Chanel Chance, Le fue d'Issey Light, Moschino Couture.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

"Girls" who have not yet reconciled themselves with the power of their sexuality fear this scent. Those of us who understand and respect its power know that a teeny-weeny spritz just at the edge of the hairline on the back of the neck is yummy! The key is in the amount worn and in its placement. I wear the tiniest little amount. It causes 25-year-old guys to chase me down and do unspeakable things to me. I doubt something as ho-hum as Pleasures or Tommy Girl could inspire that kind of response. I find it to be soft, earthy and natural... great for those of us who find no appeal in smelling like hairspray.

on 6/21/2005 5:38:00 PM

I cannot stand to wear this, let alone be in the same room with anyone wearing it. I might be allergic to it, that's how much of an adverse reaction I have to it. I sneeze when I smell it, and the scent stays in my nose for days. It's also very detectable and too many people wear it. It's too strong, too heavy, too sweet. The only thing I DO like about this is the packaging-the bottle is gorgeous!

on 6/21/2005 8:08:00 AM

Waaaaay too sweet! And when I tried to wash it off it wouldn't go away! Impractical star shaped bottle and a hefty price tag.

Popular Fragrances