Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 6/19/2012 1:09:00 PM

This is without a doubt the best foundation I have ever used, and believe me, I've tried them all. I like this so much more than Lancome or Chanel's foundation, and this costs only a minimal amount compared to the supposedly high end brands.

I'd been wanting to try this for awhile, so when the drugstore had a BOGO sale, I just had to get it. While selecting a shade proved difficult, I ended up going with 150 Buff, which matches my cool toned, very pale skin extremely well. I used it over a Revlon primer, and I found it to be surprisingly blendable and, amazingly, very natural looking. I could barely tell that I had on makeup, which is the way it should be. Even my boyfriend, who detests foundation, was floored when I smirkingly told him I'd had it on all day. And let me tell you, this stuff does last all day. I didn't wear it for 24 hours ( and frankly, who does wear makeup for that long?) but it stayed on my skin for a good 8 hours, consistently looking fresh and natural. My skin is usually like an oil slick in the summer, but I only had to blot once with this, probably because it contains salicylic acid. An added bonus? It really is transfer-resistant, meaning no embarrassing rub-offs onto people's skin or clothes.

I waited a week before reviewing this so I could see if it broke me out, and thus far, it hasn't, which is also blissful. I'm really impressed with this, and I would definitely buy it again. I know some people have griped about the glass jar being insanitary, but honestly, if you're using clean hands, then that shouldn't be a problem. Also, I've heard others say that this makeup runs much lighter than the original colorstay, which is true, so I'd advise you guys to go up a shade from what you normally wear. But overall, this stuff is fantastic and is my HG. Ladies, go try this stuff!

on 6/19/2012 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Tried the first four shades and could not get a match.
Ivory - too light/pink undertone though if you need it.
Buff - too yellow, really yellow
Sand Beige - weird, grey undertone, I'm Sand Beige in regular Colorstay
Nude - too orange

This seemed to just sit on top of my skin with and without primer. No SPF. Is VERY transferrable, it's all over the collar of my black jacket, phone etc. Seemed to settle into every pore and line on my face making them very obvious. I don't have many but do have dehydrated cheeks. Coverage is light/light medium. I have a patch of melasma on my cheek and this didn't cover it at all in any shade I tried. This is a 3-4 hr foundation with or without powder. I'll stick with the regular Colorstay. Have no complaints with that one.
None of the 4 had a 'whipped' consistancy they were all very liquidy. I have returned them all and wouldn't purchase again.
Hated the jar too.

on 6/19/2012 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was skeptical of this foundation and it took a little while to grow on me. I purchased it for about $11 at Walmart, in Buff, since I normally wear regular (oily skin) CS in the same shade. I like regular CS and have gone through 3 or so bottles but wanted something with a lighter, more natural look and feel as CS can look cakey at times. I tried this foundation with a sponge, a brush, my fingers; with and without primer, with and without powder, and found out the BEST possible way for me to wear it is alone and applied with a damp Beauty Blender (or knockoff version). I apply my moisturizer (currently Clinique DDML) and after 5 or so minutes, swipe a little CS whipped onto each cheek, my forehead and chin. Then I blot it out all over my face with the damp BB sponge. Perfection! It is medium to full coverage, a slightly matte satiny finish and feels creamy smooth, more a thick cream than a mousse. I have combination skin and live in Florida so finding something that looks as good at the end of the day as the beginning is a challenge to say the least, especially now in summer. I do find that very dry areas of my face can look flakey/cakey in this, but it's nothing a light exfoliation can't cure, as very dry spots are rare for me. As for color, whipped is the tiniest bit lighter than regular CS and a tad less yellow... still not neutral, but less warm. I think this is my new favorite foundation!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This review is coming from the most skeptical person ever to try this new foundation out. I hesitated on buying this because regular CS was a complete disaster. I caved in, I just couldn't resist all the hype surrounding this foundation. My issues with regular CS is that it was: 1. thick and mask like 2. smothered my pores and caused clusters of clogged pores 3. poor color choices (not the right depth and warmth for olive skin) 4. fake overdone looking. The only other foundation I can compare Whipped is to L'oreal Magic Smooth Soufle which was also a disaster! L'oreal's whipped version made me look dry and 10 years older. It made my pores look huge and clings to dry patchy skin. Revlon Whipped is really incredible. The texture and finish are truly amazing. I think my top dawg foundations like Guerlain, Dior and Chanel will have to take the backseat to my new love for Revlon CS Whipped!
SHADE: I picked up the darkest shade CVS had availalbe which was 400 Early Tan. Early Tan doesn't have as much warmth as I was hoping for. Early Tan is considered a Neutral shade. Early Tan blended nicely into my olive skin (NC40 per MAC guidlines).
TEXTURE: It is truly like Cool Whip. Light ~ Fluffy ~ Smooth. CS Whipped glides over the skin and provides a nice even "looks like skin" appearance.
FINISH: This is the winning quality with this foundation! You can apply a light layer and sheer it out for a natural light coverage. You can build in some layers for a medium to almost full coverage look. Seriously, I am someone with large pores, dark circles and oily skin. I didn't even need a primer with this foundation and my skin looks great. I just applied some of my standard facial moisturizer before this foundation and the finish looks perfect.
STAYING POWER: Now, the jar states "24 hours" however I'm not sure I could ever stay in makeup for a full 24 hours. I do know that it does stay put for a full workday.

on 6/19/2012 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love, love, love this stuff! I have super oily skin. Like, unbearable. I will start to get oily minutes after putting on foundation. I have used covergirl mousse foundation for over 2 years, and thought it was the best I was going to get. I was happy with the oil control, but ot happy with the coverage. This is the best of both worlds!

I have been wearing it for 9 hours, I have not gotten oily and it looks exactly the same as when I applied it. I love the way it feels and looks on my skin! Overall perfect. My only complaint is how hard to tell what color it is from the bottle, but I was lucky enough to pick the perfect one right off.

I really don't need another foundation, but Im always on the look out for something better than what Im using at the time since I havent exactly come across my HG yet. I've used Colorstay liquid in the past and Im not a big fan of that. It always looked cakey on my skin and turned me into a grease ball.

But I figured since I was hearing good things about this, Id try it on a whim. I put it on today earlier before I went out and I was actually sort of surprised. It gave me all the coverage I needed (a few blemishes and acne scars were covered) and it looked really smooth on my skin. It took really well to a picture I took as well, if anyone cares about foundations that look good in photography.

Also, Im very pale (Im usually the lightest color of the foundations I get. For example, in my Hourglass Immaculate foundation, Im "porcelain.") So it's hard for me to find a color that matches me 100% all the time. I can usually get away with just using the lightest color, but it isnt always the EXACT color of my natural skin tone. But like I said, I can usually get away with it. Anyhow, I feel like the Ivory in this line fit me exactly. It looked completely like my actual skin color, which is something I dont come across all that often. So that was a positive.

I didnt wear it out for a long time, so Im not sure yet how it holds up. The liquid colorstay always held up well, despite turning me greasy though, so Im hoping that this holds up well without so much of the grease factor. I'd say the one con so far I've found about this however is that, like the liquid, it does look a bit cakey upon closer inspection. It's definitely not as much so as the liquid, but there's still a slight cakiness here. Although, I find you can only really notice if you're really looking close up. So you can get away with it- especially since from at a good standing distance, it looks pretty smooth.

Im going to continue to use this product, however, as it's actually one of the better looking foundations that I have. I really love the smooth look it gives to my skin. I also love how I can match my color exactly. Again, Im not too keen on the bit of cakiness it gives, but its FAR better for me than the liquid. Overall I think it actually gives a lot more of a natural look than the liquid. So, Ill keep using it for now and see how it fairs.

on 6/18/2012 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I am a huge fan of the Revlon Colorstay line. I have used Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation for years now. I have found over the years though that while this foundation provides me the best, and most long lasting coverage that it tends to be drying and because of this calls attention to flaws and pores. I've been waiting for Revlon to come out with a product with the 24 hour promise and coverage of Colorstay forever, and that product is finally here with the whipped creme. It gives you the flawless airbrushed coverage you're looking for, while not being drying or feeling heavy on the face. It doesn't make my pores more noticeable, and my bronzer and other makeup applied nicely over it. For those who tend to get oily in the T-zone I would reccomend a powder over the top to set the foundation. For those of you with the complaints regarding lack of shade choices, it is always best to go on the light side and warm up the shade with a bronzer. This prevents lines on the side of the face and neck where you can see the makeup is not blended. This whipped creme foundation is MUCH MORE BLENDABLE on the skin than the Colorstay liquid, and this is what I love most. This is my new go-to foundation and I will reccomend to all my friends. Thanks for another great product Revlon<3

on 6/18/2012 7:56:00 PM

All I did was touch my skin and this stuff wiped right off which tells me that even though I buffed it in and it looked nice from afar, it was still just "sitting" there like a mask. I can also feel it on my face which is a huge turn off for me (I am not much of a foundation person to begin with) I will say that the color buff was a pretty decent match for my nw15 skin and the texture is lovely, but again I felt trapped under a mask and not naturally enhanced as a foundation should do. Drugstore foundations just do not work for me period, I need to listen to my gut and not fall to tempation/glowing reviews when it comes to a base. Oh well, 11.00 mistake, back to my tinted moisturizer and mineral powder which is where I feel comfortable and satisfied. For reference I am about nw15, normal to dry.

My first review! I'm going to date myself from the very beginning. When I was an early teen and wanted a base, I lifted (with her knowledge) my mother's Ultima II creme foundation in Aureua (sp) Beige. I wore for years until they quit making it. So Sad!
I have gone the way of the minerals the last 10 or so years but never quite stopped missing my beloved Ultima II. This is the closest thing I
have found; I'm so glad I tried it. I love it and honestly I think it takes
. a shorter time to apply than the minerals. Thank you , Revlon. This
is the first thing I felt like putting my two cents in after reading MU
for years!

on 6/17/2012 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm really trying to love this foundation but I just cant.Eventho i like the coverage it gives me it also makes my already large pores even larger and that never happed to me using my other foundations,ever! especially after i put my benefit poreless primer under it,once i put this foundations I can see tiny dots,it was sorta like the foundation sets into my pores.Other may not agree with me but it also feels heavy on my skin and because I have acne scars I want to cover, I would like to add second layer but it is impossible to do that without making your face look cakey.This foundation is a miss for me and I dont really care about the heavy glass jar packaging.oh I almost forgot,if you have those dry acne spots this foundation will cling to it and enhanced the appearance even more so make sure to exfoliant before you put it on.

Popular Crème Foundations