MAC Fix+

4.1

Water, glycerin, butylene glycol, Cucumis Sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, caffeine, panthenol, arginine, ethylhexylglycerin, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, Ppg-26-Buteth-26, fragrance, disodium Edta, dehydroacetic acid, phenoxyethanol, benzoic acid.

on 6/11/2008 4:49:00 AM

I was very excited to try this product since it had gotten so many rave reviews, but I have to say I was extremely disappointed. I tried Fix+ in a variety of ways--spraying it before I applied my moisturizer, spraying it after I applied moisturizer but before I put on foundation, spraying it after foundation to set it...

No matter what I did, my face ALWAYS ended up looking extremely oily and gross! And I don't even have oily skin to begin with, so this really bothered me. I couldn't figure out why suddenly my face looked so glossy and nasty, and then I realized it was the Fix+. I really didn't want to believe it because I wanted to love this product, but unfortunately it just made my face look disgusting and oily.

Before Fix+, I always just used Shu Uemura's Depsea Facial Mist. I got a bunch of the small travel size ones as gifts for purchasing above a certain amount at the Shu counters in Taiwan, but I ran out of them and so that's why I decided to give Fix+ a try. BAD IDEA. Shu's facial mists are SOOO much better, and the scents are much more pleasing. (The lavender scent one is the BEST!) Also, they do a much better job of hydrating my skin than Fix+, AND most importantly they set my makeup really well without giving me that dirty gross oily look that I get with Fix+. The Shu facial mist might be a tad more expensive than MAC Fix+, but I think it's totally worth it. Ugh I am so disappointed by this MAC product! Terrible Terrible Terrible!

Oh, and I also didn't spray a lot. I spray Fix+ at arms-length away from my face, with just one spritz that goes on evenly all over. So there's no excuse for my face to look so gross!!!

i LOVE this stuff!!! When i spray it all over my face, it gives me a sense of relief..i really don't know how to explain it....How i like to use it.i spray it all over my face before i put on my moisturizer, let it dry, then put moisturizer on and then spray fix+ again...it really hydrates my face...it is even great for fly away hairs...i know some people think this isn't a must have...but i think it should be a staple

on 5/31/2008 9:22:00 PM

I had doubts about this product because of the mix reviews... but I decided to give it a try since MAC does have a really good return policy. I am SO glad I did... WOW... it has SO many uses to it... it freshens up my skin... really makes my make-up look dewy and not oily when i set it.... and it is a GREAT mixing medium. I sprits my mineral foundation brush before i dip it in the pot and it makes it go on smoothly and flawlessly -- i finally understand what it means to have an "airbrushed look" to my skin! I will definitely purchase again and again despite it's pricetag -- totally worth it!

on 5/31/2008 1:44:00 PM

I love Fix+ BUT it makes my skin look like a grease pit after few hours. I experimented and alternated days with fix+ and without it and yes the days I used Fix+, my skin was disgusting. I am so sad because fix+ made my make-up look amazing and made my foundation last forever. I loved spritzing my skunk brush with fix+ and then dipping it in vanilla pigment and stiple it all over my face. I got so many compliments after. But sadly I am going to have to stop using it :(

on 5/21/2008 10:22:00 PM

ive been using this product for a few weeks now and am really happy with the results. it is a multi function spray. i use it as a mixing medium for my pigments. and have tried it both before makeup and after makeup. i think before makeup it kind of preps the skin by moisturizing it. and makes foundation go on smoothly. after makeup it leaves a dewy sheen.and helps foundation look more natural. would repurchase.

on 5/21/2008 4:24:00 AM

I started using mineral foundation.. and with that i tend to pack it on/ or it ends up looking powdery or cakey. So, before I leave the house i mist (1-2 distanced sprays.. too much and you'll look oily) this on my face and when it drys, the foundation looks a whole lot better. Love to spray it, yet hate that just wet feel on the face. But it dries eventually.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I did not think I needed this until I started using stuido fix foundation powder. I bought it so I could eliminate the "powdery" look and it does the trick. This solution can be used in many ways. As a setting for foundation or makeup as a whole, mixing medium, refreshing skin spray, or primer before you put on any makeup, and the list goes on and on. (I would suggest watching Enkoremakeup on youtube.com to see the different ways fix+ is used...he is so helpful!) I usually just use this to refresh my skin since its so hot nowadays and also to set my makeup. I am very happy with this product. Smells great and feels really refreshing. Other people have not seen any results but if you spray it a few times on areas that did not get wet, it will evenly be coated. Also, my foundation seems to last longer with this. I would suggest at least trying it and if you don't like it, MAC has the best return policy in the world.

on 5/15/2008 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Yes, as previously mentioned, this product is as versatile as can be. I use it 343587 different ways. Alright, slight exaggeration... but it really is a little bottle of multi-purpose love. I've used it to set my makeup, refresh my skin, as a mixing medium, and to apply my mineral makeup wet. I love spraying a little Fix+ into my 187 or kabuki and buffing on my Everyday Minerals foundation. It helps eliminate the powdery look, allowing the makeup to melt better onto my skin. I always get my Fix at my local CCO for $12 and just transfer the formula into a different spray bottle. Same formula, same results. Highly recommended!

on 5/14/2008 8:55:00 AM

This has quickly become a staple for me. LOVE IT!! My friend has been raving about it for the longest time and I finally decided to check it out. The SA at MAC used it on me with the mineral finish pressed powder and immediately my skin looked like it got the pick me up it was so desperately in need of. It's amazing how gorgeous and glowy this leaves my skin. A quick little spritz after my makeup is on sets it perfectly with a very natural dewy sheen. Smells great too, very refreshing. I will never be without. :)

on 5/9/2008 12:12:00 AM

I like this product, it smells good, it feels good and its good at refreshing your skin. I don't see whats so 'special' about it but it is nice. The reason why I won't repurchase is because I have no use for it, it feels nice but does nothing for my skin, no skin clearing or anything. It just kinda soaks into your skin... it tastes really bad if you accidentally get some in your mouth though.

Popular Face Skincare Products