Bath and Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom-lotion

One of the best scents EVER.

on 2/7/2009 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Like most Bath & Body Works plain old lotions, I don't think this moisturizes very well. I bought it because I thought it smelled pretty but once I got it home and used it, it smelled like an old woman. Not my favorite by any means.

on 2/7/2009 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Something with the ingredients is a little sketchy - I always use this on my hands at night right before bed. Some morning I wake up with unbelievably, wonderfully baby-bottom soft hands - other days, my hands feel irritated immediately after I rub this all over. I think it's just an issue with my hands though - I've had this issue with pretty much every hand lotion I've ever used.

But due to its unpredictable response on my hands, I won't be repurchasing it again, sadly. It's sad because I adore the scent so much!

Lotion is good, smell is bad. Its like my grandma's lotion mixed with baby powder mixed with some delicious dessert I cannot put my finger on. .... But its moisturizes.

on 1/12/2009 7:45:00 PM

Love this stuff. It is by far my favorite scent that Bath and Body works puts out. I've been using it for 2 years and I really hope that they keep this is their collection forever! The lotion is super moisturizing and gets along well with my super sensitive skin!!

I think this has such a mature , yet sweet smell to it. I got it at bath and body works during the semi-annual sale for only 3 bucks, and it's definitely worth it.

on 1/1/2009 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this along with the shower gel and body spray as a gift and I just don't care for the scent at all but the lotion seems to be very hydrating and the scent lasts......(imo the regular cherry blossom scent is way better than this) needless to say I'm forcing myself to use it up...its way too heavy on the floral note!

on 12/27/2008 8:57:00 PM

Background:
I used to be into floral/ fruity scents. Now at the age of twenty, I find them too sweet smelling. I am much more into of a more mature scent that says ' young woman' instead of ' girl'. Majority of the old Bath and Body Works lotion are either fruity or floral. Recently, they are coming up with a more musky/ sensual and smokey scents such as the Japanese Cherry Blossom.

Review:
At first, I thought this was going to be another floral lotion like the name suggested. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the woodsy smell. It also has a quite exotic spicy scent to it as well. Despite all the smokey/woodsy fragrance, this scent is very feminine.

The only downside, for me, is that this scent is quite strong. One small squeeze will be enough to perfume a small room! So, you should use this lotion sparingly.

As for the moisturizing property, there isn't a lot/ any! Once you apply it, the lotion acts almost like water. It'll just sink into your skin and disappear. You see, I only bought it for the fragrance. If you want something moisturizing, I suggest you look into their 'Body Cream' line. If you like smokey scents, may I suggest the 'Sensual Amber' Body Cream ( I really like this one as well).

Overall, I'm very pleased with the JCB. I think this will become my official wintertime fragrance.

Description from the bottle:
This exotic fragrance is a sensuous blend of Japanese cherry blossom, vanilla rice, oriental woods and delicate mimosa petals.

on 12/11/2008 9:31:00 PM

I love this lotion! The smell is wonderful it's so warm and it just makes me feel good! I like the formula too, it's not greasy and the fragrance stays almost all day! I can't say enough about this, it's great. My husband loves the smell too so that's a huge plus!

on 12/7/2008 6:50:00 PM

I really enjoy Cherry Blossom and I liked this one too, really not much difference btwn the two, I still prefer Cherry blossom to this one, it makes me sooo happy.. I think the japanese is deeper and more sensual, could be worn on a dinner date or at night before bedtime.. Very pleased..