MAC #190 Foundation Brush

4.2

on 3/25/2010 1:08:00 PM

I have a few brushes from M.A.C. and this has to be my least favourite because of all the streaks it leaves on my face. It applies my foundation on pretty well but never fails to leave streaks. I wouldn't repurchase this brush again. If you're looking for a foundation brush like the 190, just go for a cheaper alternative like the ecotools one.

I know we are all supposed to love MAC brushes but really, this SUCKS! Not good for a foundation at all.

on 3/22/2010 1:15:00 AM

I use this brush everyday for my cream highlight on my browbone cheek bones. I love the look it does. I do not use this brush for foundations. I have a couple times but the application requires you to go back and blend out the streaks. I love this for my highlight and would buy again just for that.

on 3/20/2010 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this brush. Gives perfect application of my face and body foundation. Doesn't leave streaks, quick and easy to use, excellent quality.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this to replace my now horribly disfigured ecotools foundation brush (as you may have heard, all of the bristles fell out). There isn't much to say about this brush. The bristles have yet to commit suicide on me, it is soft, blends and distributes product evenly, and does not get streaky after one use.
Someone else mentioned that it feels like "painting your face". It does, and TBH, I quite like that. I feel like I have as much control over product placement as I do painting an actual canvas, and the brush covers a lot of ground very quickly.

on 3/11/2010 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I don't like this brush and I rarely use it.

It's so big and as reviewers have said previously it feels like you are painting your face with it. It's hard to blend.

If I ever do use this brush it is just for quick application and I end up going over it with my 187 anyways as this brush alone does not feel like the foundation has sunk in or is blended at all. It also holds alot of product in the bristles so I feel like I am wasting product each time I use it.

I also feel like I need to wash it after every use which is a pain, I can't just spritz some cleanser on it for a few days. A whole heap of product comes off it when I wash it which just goes to show how much product it retains in its bristles.

on 3/4/2010 12:54:00 PM

I LOVE this brush. I actually got it because a reviewer used it with her Bobbie Brown Even Finish Compact foundation. Then I used it with another, more liquid, foundation.... LoVeD It! ~~~The trick for me was to dot my face with the liquid foundation and then WET THE BRUSH before using, and then YES, "paint" my face with it. It actually saves me money because I used to use a makeup sponge to blend in my makeup, but I noticed with the 190 brush, I actually use less foundation. The coverage is awesome too.

on 3/3/2010 4:05:00 PM

I use this brush everyday and wash it with shampoo at least once a week. I don't like cleaning it with brush cleaner solutions because the don't get rid of the gunk and I get paranoid that old foundation is building up on my skin. If your foundation feathers when you apply it with the brush, it means you need a creamier foundation or more moisturizer. I usually spray fix+ if this is happening and it works for me. I doubt I will need to buy a new one anytime soon, but if I lose it I will STAT.

on 3/3/2010 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I was curious as to how this brush would benefit me on applying foundation. I tried it once or twice and didn't like the end results. Yes you can achieve an even flawless look using this brush but felt that I had to keep stroking the foundation on my face to achieve it. Though I do continue to use the 109 when applying moisturizers and Makeup primer.

on 3/3/2010 12:31:00 PM

I am not that experienced with foundation brushes.. However i bought the graphic garden special edition set from a duty free.. Out of the 5 brushes two are ok, the rest are not up to standard. I used the 190 happily for around 4 months ( i dont wear foundation more than twice a week) and made sure I washed it by the rule with clinique brush cleanser once a week.. In the last wash the hair came out and it literally dissolved in my hand.. Note that I am not soaking any brush in washing liquids and don't pull the hair.. anyway.. this was very disappointing