LUSH Ultra Bland

3.9

Almond Oil , Rose Water (Rosa centifolia), Beeswax (Cera alba), Honey, Fresh Iris Extract (Iris florentina), Glycerine, Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Tincture of Benzoin (Styrax benzoin), Sodium Borate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm nearly 39 and have been battling with moderate adult acne for the last decade. I always seemed to have a few spots and at least one would be cystic.

I used to use the Acne Cure regimen, but it's designed for teenagers, and my ageing dry cheeks and fine lines couldn't cope with it.

So about a year ago, I decided to abandon all complications and just cleanse, tone and moisturise.

My skin hasn't looked this good since I was a (non-acne-afflicted!) teenager.

I use Lancome's iconic bi-phase remover to take off my mascara and my HG eyeliner, Urban Decay 24/7.

Then I give myself a facial massage with Ultrabland. Really work it into both surface make-up and the skin with the pads of my fingertips.

Then I use a microfibre cloth or muslin or even a cotton towelling washcloth, soaked in hot but bearable water and then wrung out until it's barely damp, to remove every last smear of the Ultrabland (and my make-up) thoroughly.

Then I apply Lush's tea tree toner all over my face with a cotton pad.

Then I use Heal Gel by The Firm only where I need it: on my cheeks, upper lip and eyeids and undereyes.

My skin is glowing these days and people tell me I look ten years younger. My spot scarring has gone and I almost never get zits any more. Nor do I get dry batches or tiny bumps beneath the surface of the skin.

If you're not getting good results from this cleanser, I can only think you're not removing it correctly. It's an oil and therefore sticky: don't leave it on the surface of your skin ready to attract dirt.

on 1/22/2013 2:24:00 PM

PLEASE READ!

This is an absolute MIRACLE product!!!!

Before you write this product off because of the negative reviews on here, please read this. Ultrabland is literally a godsent. This little pot of beeswax and honey is a practically a cure-all for any skin condition. Pretty much the ONLY way not to like this is if you're not removing it correctly, which about 75% of people are guilty of.

I work at Lush shop and I never paid much attention to this product. I use 9 to 5, good enough for me! Then last week I had a horrible, horrible reaction to a medicine I took for rosacea. My skin broke out in a rash so severe people stared at me. I was covered in red bumps, my skin was raw and flakey, and I was ashamed. I tried everything, more Lush cleansers, cetaphil, aveeno, steroid creams, and it only made it worse. Then my manager came up to me in the shop and said she would fix it with ultrabland. She massaged a nickel sized amount in my sore, bumpy skin for about 4 minutes until it was even and not sticky. Then she removed it with toner-water soaked cotton rounds for about 2 minutes, and finally she placed a warm washcloth over my face for a minute. The SECOND she was done, my skin was about 75% clear. The rosacea bumps, the rash, the flakiness was GONE. Not covered up, I had no makeup on! It was literally clear skin. I was worried it would "wear off" and I would wake up and be bumpy again but my skin only looks brighter today. And thats after one use people. Give this product a shot, it literally saved my skin.

It works so well because of the honey. Honey is antibacterial and anti inflammatory, so while its going deeep into your pores, its clearing out all the bacterial, makeup, grime, and gunk and also reducing redness and irriation. It's also good for oily skin because oil attracts oil, so yes even though it is oily, it's pulling alllll the gross oils out of your skin.

Remove it correctly and there is literally no way NOT to like this product.

If you have doubts, ask the associates at your Lush shop to do it for you in store! we will =)

Ultra Bland has been a staple product for the past 4 years. I do not use it everyday though. It is my cleanser when I need to remove makeup. It can make your face a bit greasy if you use too much so a little definitely goes a long way. I use it to protect our face when dyeing our hair. I also love warming a tiny dab in my palms and applying to the ends of my hair and part to stop flyaway on windy days. Only a tiny bit though or it might make your hair greasy. One summer we went to the beach I got a really bad sunburn on my shoulders and didn't have anything to put on it for the ride home. I applied a thin layer to the burn and it soothed my skin. Now we do this every summer if we get a bit red and it seems to prevent that horrible peeling.

I bought a small tub of this and used it for various things - eye make-up remover when travelling, general cleanser, to line my face when dying my hair with the Lush Henna (as suggested in Lush Times). It just wasn't for me. As an eye-make up remover, it's okay, but I was wary because it's creamy and moisturizing, and my eye-lids are quite oily enough as it is. As general cleanser, again, quite moisturizing, which can be great for some skin types but I didn't like the after-feel personally.

As far as lining my face for henna smears while dying my hair, it was GREAT, but it was also too expensive for that single purpose (nowadays I tend to use a cheap basic creme to line my face, as it does the same job equally well).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!! I have oily acne prone skin and I have tried EVERYTHING! proactive, cliniques acne system and 3 step system TONS of drug store acne cleansers aswell as ance medicine and hormonal medication. I randomly walked into lush for the first time and the very helpful woman told me to try Ultra bland and it cleared up my acne is a week! I just started using it with there tea tree water toner and grease lightning and with these products my pours look so much smaller! this stuff really works and its so soft and soothing on the skin no irritation. I LOVE LUSH!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! :) pick some up and you will be glad you did

on 12/30/2012 2:21:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a great nighttime cleanser. I bought the small tub in March and am only about halfway through with it, so I think it's a great value. I have acne-prone combination skin and don't find that this product makes my skin feel greasy at all - I first wet my face then use a finger's worth on my face, occasionally grabbing a second as needed. A little goes a long way with this, so I would guess that those who feel greasy after using this either use more than necessary or don't remove it correctly. I've tried using this in the shower and found that water alone wasn't sufficient to remove it, so I just use a wet washcloth over my sink and that takes care of it. Ultra Bland is also excellent at removing make up, and is gentle enough to use on my eyes as well. I like to follow this with Lush's Tea Tree Toner.

on 12/9/2012 1:42:00 AM

I really wanted to like this because the ingredients sounded so nice, but it just seemed to have the consistency of beeswax, like it was quite difficult to spread over my face and then there was a fair bit of dragging to try and get it off, I had to use a face cloth as well, I don't think you could get it all off with water but I think it wasn't designed for that. My skin looked okay afterwards and it didn't seem to add to any breakouts, but I imagine if you didn't get it all off properly, which was quite an effort, you could get clogged pores from it.

on 12/2/2012 7:47:00 AM

I've been using this product for almost a year. I feel that it works very thoroughly and gently and doesn't make my face feel dry afterwards. I use it to remove my makeup (I don't wear a lot of makeup, foundation and powder, no eye makeup except the occasional mascara, so I can't attest to how well it removes heavier/longlasting makeup) and also to cleanse my skin. I massage it into my skin and wipe off with cottonwool pads damp with warm water (this might be psychological, but I find it doesn't work so well with cold water - warm is soothing but also removes the product better.. I think). I follow with rosewater and teatree oil to tone my skin and a moisturiser. It does feel a bit *weird* at first, and unlike any other cleanser I've used. But I do have acne-prone skin (that's also prone to dehydration and dryness) and since I have switched to this gentle (but thorough) cleansing routine, my spots have all but gone.
(FYI after reading other reviews, I'm in the non-peanut oil ultrabland camp. I don't know if that's an American addition? But certainly my UK-purchased pot is peanut-free)

on 11/30/2012 12:32:00 AM

Smells pleasant and glides easily over the skin. I massage it in for about two minutes before I wipe it off with a tissue and then follow up with another cleanser. Removes every speck of water-resistant sunscreen and bb cream, however, it still breaks me out in tiny bumps. Maybe I'll come back to this when my skin is drier. Also plumps the skin around my eyes very well, which is bad for me since it makes me look like I have eye bags. Really wanted it to work for me!

on 11/22/2012 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is perfect. I have very dry skin and I usually use Hy Ol from Babor, which is an oil-based cleanser. Ultrabland is also an oil-based cleanser, but it has a different consistency. It's thick like sticky body butter. I always take a peanut size of the stuff. It melts on my face. Then I take it of with a washcloth soaked in hot water.
I found that is the only way to remove; cotton pads and water only don't do the job.
I used it to remove my Halloween-make-up and it slid right off.