Lancome Hypnose

3.8

Ingredients: aqua, paraffin, beeswax, stearic acid, carnauba wax, acacia, palmitic acid, triethanolamine, PEG-40 stearate, simethicone, sodium polymethacrylate, aminomethyl propanediol, hydrogenated jojoba oil, hydrogenated palm oil, hydroxyethylcellulose, panthenol, polyquaternium-10, methylparaben, propylparaben, bht. May contain: CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77288 (chromium oxide greens), CI 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), CI 77492/CI 77499/CI 77491 (iron oxides), CI 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), mica.

on 4/18/2013 7:39:00 PM

This is by far my favorite mascara! I have tried at least 50 different mascaras made by different brands, containing different formulas, and using various bristles. Lancôme Hypnose (not waterproof) perfectly coats and separates all my lashes. If I am going just to run errands for the day, I swipe on one coat and go for a very natural look. If I am going out, I put several coats on my top and bottom lashes for lots of volume and length! This mascara is very buildable and never clumps on me! The not waterproof formula still has great staying power, but you can get it off easily when you're ready. The waterproof version, which I have also used, requires quite a bit of effort to remove- which is great if that's what you're looking for! Overall, this is a mascara I have purchased and repurchased and will continue to do so!

on 4/13/2013 3:13:00 PM

I got this as a gift from my Aunt, but I also know this mascara is quite expensive as well. I heard a lot of raves about Hypnose so when i got this as a gift i was ecstatic!!! To be honest, after using this a couple times, I can truly say I absolutely HATE IT. Maybe I got a bad one, but this stuff takes FOREVER to dry. It's super wet and it did nothing for my lashes. Did i mention that it NEVER dries??? I get smearing on my bottom lashes as well. I also can't curl my lashes after cuz the mascara would get stuck on my curler!!! I know that some say you shouldn't curl after mascara, but i just press gently :)

i will stick to my drugstore HG mascara - L'oreal Voluminous carbon black, thank you very much.

on 4/12/2013 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

If you have sensitive eyes, I would shy away from this product, or any Lancome mascara for that matter. Although I really loved the look of this on, as well as L'Extreme, the scent is overpowering and unnecessary. As soon as I would put it on, I could feel my eyes aware and mildly irritated by the mascara.

I've switched back to Diorshow since. No complaints.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

That's what I call mascara. I ave tried many brands so far, Dior show, no real impact and transfered to my eyelids; Mac, long lashes, which gave me spider lashes and melts easily, Clinique high impact, which is good but doesn't give me enough length and fullness, Benefit that gal, which I find hateful, then my last purchase, Maybelline Rocket which is the best amongst them, does a good job and I was almost 100% satisfied when I finally tried Hypnose black out. I have purchased a 2ml sample and I saw the results right away. I have used it all day long and it still looks good, without transfering. I am condering buying it, price aside. I think I found my HG mascara! Here is China is costs much more than in the US, 340 rmb. I will try Maybelline falsies to make sure, but I find Hypnose is the best.

on 4/4/2013 9:55:00 AM

This is one of my favorite mascaras! It adds a lot of volume, and incredible length in 1 coat! It's a little on the pricey side but really is an amazing mascara, it doesn't flake or run on me, even on the longest, hottest days. I will definitely be repurchasing.

on 3/25/2013 5:24:00 PM

I have a bit of a mixed review on this product. I remember using it years ago and it was amaaaazing. So I repurchased in January. It was $62 which was a bit expensive but I kept reminding myself of how great it was last time I used it. As soon as I put it on, it look fabulous. My lashes were perfect. No clumps, no flakes, great colour. It stayed on all day without a problem. After a couple of weeks it just started clumping like crazy. The brush just looked totally ruined. All the bristles were out of place and squished together. I'm not sure how because I take good care of my mascaras. I don't pump them in and out of the bottle, I treat the brush quite delicately to avoid any damage. I'm quite gutted. I have stopped using the brush now and I just dip my brush from my falsies into the Lancome bottle because the mascara itself is still awesome. I don't think I will repurchase as it's a bit too much money for me and I'm worried I'll have the same problem next time. I think i'll stick with The Falsies :)

on 3/25/2013 6:16:00 AM

fantastic for me this is the perfect mix of length and volume, separation together INNNN LOVVEEE

on 2/28/2013 8:55:00 AM

I'm so surprised that this didn't get a higher rating - this is a fantastic mascara! It lengthens, curls, separates, thickens, never clumps, flakes or smudges and is super easy to apply - what more could you want! I never need to use an eyelash curler with this either! For really dramatic eyes, I simply apply more coats and it never results in that awful spider-leg effect. Overall my HG mascara! :-)

I was really excited to try this mascara. I've read a lot of good reviews about it and my friend used it and her lashes was really long and separated. So I thought I give it a shot.

I have given this product 2 months before I reviewed it.
I have pretty short messy lashes.

I bought it for 27 dollars (Pricy!!) in number 01 "Noir hypnotic". It comes in a beautiful silver package, really like the packaging. On the back it sais "Intensify your look with each sweep of the brush and get up to x6 more volume"

The brush is softer than any other mascara brush I've tried. When you had put it on it didn't dry directly, like some mascaras do. It gives you time to build up the volume which is good. It has a great lasting power and did not flake durring the day. It separates really well and it does not clump. On the lengthening and volume-building part it did'nt wow me. This mascara gives me beautifully dark, separated lashes but it did'nt give me much volume and it did not lengthen my lashes at all. Sure, It separated well and did not flake but if I spend 27 dollars on a mascara, I want it to give me some volume and length.

I would not repurchase this product.

on 2/20/2013 10:02:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I got a sample of this mascara and opened it today and use it and MAN, it's amazing. It separated my lashes and make them longer and fuller... This is the next one I buy after I'm done with those I have. I bought a L'Oreal one and not satisfied like with this awesome hypnose mascara from Lancôme.

I will tell everyone I Know how I feel about this product and recommend it.

Thanks Lancôme....