MAC Strobe Cream

Spring Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Distearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cholesterol, Jojoba Esters, Steareth-10, Cetyl Esters, Cetyl Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Extract, Whey Protein (Lactis Proteinum), Panthenol-Pro-Vitamin B5, Cyanocobalamin Vitamin B12, Tocopheryl Acetate, 7-Dehydrocholesterol Pro-Vitamin D3, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ceramide 2, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pyrus Malus Extract, Lactic Acid, Sucrose, Linoleic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Glycerin, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Sodium Sulfite, Fragrance (Parfum), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Metabisulfite, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Red 4

on 4/25/2012 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I love Strobe cream. I use it before putting my makeup on, and it moisturizes without creating a greasy base for my foundation like some other creams I have used. It puts a subtle glow on my skin without being glittery, almost like crushed pearls. The only thing that could make it better is if it had a sunscreen in it, but since my foundation has one that doesn't really bother me. I would recommend this product to anyone with any skin type as a light moisturizer that is perfect for daytime and does a nice job of highlighting the skin.

on 4/16/2012 7:21:00 AM

The famous MAC Strobe Cream.
It's so unique but I don't use this product as a everyday moisturizer 'cream'. I personally don't find this cream moisturizing at all. Despite all the "good stuff" in the strobe cream, I don't think it really does much for my skin when it's tired and dull other than brightening with its super-fine micro opal pearls. So it's a perfect highlighter or a base for me. I usually like to use it after foundation just on the high planes of my face (cheekbones, t-zone) which really gives a beautiful glow to the skin. Not too noticeable and yet gives a GLOW. I can use it underneath my foundation all over the face but that really gives a shine all over so I prefer to use just as a spot highlighter. I've tried a lot of different highlighters and similar products to the MAC Strobe Cream but I really think this is a UNIQUE product. The one and only, MAC Strobe Cream. Nothing comes close, really. I would have to buy it over and over again :)

on 3/29/2012 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Omg I am so upset with this product that I had to write this review! This product is absolutely horrible!! For a while I was using it and noticed a slight subtle glow that it gave but it honestly doesn't do anything that major for your skin, once you apply foundation and powder I feel like that glow slightly disappears. I bought the smaller version to use under my studio fix fluid foundation that I noticed is wayyy to dull looking and flattens my face once applied but this really didnt help much so I stopped using it for awhile. Then I decided to give it a go again today under the new lancome foundation and omg I am so mad at myself that I did. I applied this in the morning and by the end of the night I had 6 large cystic blemishes on my chin area and nose! They were so red and painful and they came out of no where! I'm really strict with skincare regimen and use peter thomas roth's acne line and haven't broken out since until today! I can't believe how bad this product clogged my pores and caused this acne after one use! I'm definitely throwing it in the trash and wouldn't recommend this at all!

on 3/24/2012 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I LOVE this stuff. I use it under my MAC Face and Body foundation or mix it with my MUFE HD foundation to make it more sheer. The result is dewy, luminous, lit-from-within skin. If you're thinking this is glitter, think again. It's just a lovely, almost irridescent cream that glides on your skin and imparts a healthy glow. It is pricey, however. The price is $30 for 50mL (not counting my PRO discount), but it's worth it. I love the dewy look, and this delivers.

on 3/5/2012 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

As an esthetician, I am always looking for products that will enhance my complexion yet also have beneficial effects on the skin. I have found the MAC Cosmetics Strobe Cream to be a lightweight hydrator that provides the skin with a very dewy finish. I personally use it under my airbrush makeup and it adds this beautiful sheen to my skin. I receive so many compliments how my face "just glows". You do not need to use much, a small pea-sized amount does the job. I love it and recommend this product to my patients.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I really love this cream. I have combination skin, and this product really helps to moisturize my dry patches this winter. I apply it before applying my foundation to my cheeks, nose, and forehead avoiding my chin which tends to be really oily. I would say this product is best for dry, normal and combination skin. Oily skin types should avoid this product. Also, this product imo can be used as a daily moisturizer.

on 2/20/2012 6:43:00 PM

Awful. Just awful. Smells like fish and feels very dry on the skin. If I could give this a 0 out of 5 I would. Seriously broke me out after one use of being mixed in with my foundation. I can't highlight how horrific this is enough. A truly awful product from MAC.

on 2/15/2012 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love strobe cream! I see that people use this in lots of different ways, but for me this is simply my daily moisturiser and I use it pretty generously. It gives my skin a lovely, luminous finish and just makes my look generally more healthy and bright without ever looking glittery, shiny or sparkly. I've been using this for about 18 months now and I don't know what it is about Strobe Cream but I think that the overall condition of my skin has improved quite considerably, my skin just looks healthier and better so the antioxidants and other good ingredients must be doing their stuff. I normally use unscented products but I LOVE the subtle fresh smell of this and don't mind putting it on my face at all, and although I have combination skin it's never broken me out. It's a very good daily moisturiser for someone with normal/combination skin but I would imagine that someone with very dry skin might need to mix with a heavier moisturiser. The tube is great too - looks chic, is sanitary and I can get every last drop of product out.

on 2/14/2012 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I don't understand this product... It is supposed to give moisture, and it does not refine the skin... So why don't use your ordinary moisturizer? MAC is a makeup brand, and if you need a moisturizer, why not rely on a real skincare brand..? Or is it me not understanding this product....

It feels nice and ok, but nothing more... I also have really oily skin, so this is mayby to "shiny" for my taste.... It is maybe better for dry skintypes....?

The girl in the shop said that this was the best thing to wear under makeup, especially for acne-prone skin...but honestly I don't understand what she meant. Cause I don't see any point with it... :(

on 2/5/2012 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I find this is better for a "glowy" look. I prefer powder highlighters like gold deposit for a "BAM" kind of highlight and this gives an overall "bam" kind of highlight. Definetly a low key subtle glow. I apply after primer or mix it with my studio moisture tint. I would rebuy.

Popular Moisturizers