Clinique Lash Building Primer

3.8

on 8/18/2008 1:39:00 AM

i was reluctant to buy this product at first, but i decided to take a chance... & now, i love it! w/ my short asian lashes! it really works!!

on 8/15/2008 3:42:00 PM

I love this primer. I picked this up on a whim since I am still trying to figure out what works best for my stick straight short asian lashes. I stopped using mascara for awhile, and stuck to just eyeliner since no mascara or primer with mascara would do much to open up my eyes. I can't believe how great this product is! The packaging should be prettier, but I am glad it is cheap compared to other drugstore primers and I think this one works the best so far! I have really minimal lower lashes and this gives me a good amount of lashes below and mascara doesn't clump with it on. It makes my top lashes a lot fuller without the weight. I've used Lancome's Cils booster, and I think that one is either too wet or clumpy. I could never keep my curl using it.. I love this stuff!

on 8/2/2008 2:18:00 AM

Although I usually use Estee Lauder's lash primer, I was being cheap and bought this one at Sephora. I had to return it. It clumped beyond repair, and did nothing for volume or curl. It is counter productive.

on 7/12/2008 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a very nice product. I have very long eyelashes, but I need something to plump 'em up. This does the trick. It does not clump. I have also used Lancome's lash primer. I can't really tell the difference. Lancome's may be a bit thicker. Clinique's price is a little bit better than most of the major brands. Try it - you might like it.

on 6/26/2008 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I usually love Clinique products, but I was disappointed with this one. I have pretty long eyelashes already, but I was looking for a base to make my mascara apply better. Unfortunately, this was not it. I think it dried too fast which made my normal mascara application clumpy. Needless to say I returned to my SA and bought Long Pretty Lashes mascara which I think is beautiful. But don't be discouraged from trying this product, it simply did not work for me.

on 6/26/2008 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I like this lash primer just a little bit better than Shiseido's. This one leaves my lashes softer and allows the mascara to glide on a little easier. The Shiseido product made my lashes thicker faster, but also made them hard and whilst still wet, made the mascara apply a bit choppy. The Clinique primer mixes with my mascara.... and causes no choppy application. It also seems to remove a little easier. Both products perform well with any mascara. No flaking or smearing.

on 6/25/2008 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love this primer. It works amazingly great. Use this as a base, and top it off with DiorShow mascara and the results are stunning. I will for sure be purchasing this product again.

Eyes: Violet

clumps my lashes!

I got this when they had this product as a double ended mascara, primer on one side, and lash doubling on the other.
With the primer working with the mascara, I am definitely convinced that this works. It makes my lashes longer, and definitely thicker.
T
The thing I REALLY love about this is that it volumizes and lengthens without making my lashes stiff.
My lashes stay soft, but they are just a lot fuller and longer looking!

Definitely recommend this primer with lash doubling mascara.

on 5/31/2008 1:56:00 AM

It holds curls of my stubborn lashes and volumizes my thin lashes well. But the biggest problem is that this products irritates my eyes--made my eyes waterly throughout the day. Not good. I have sensitive eyes and wear contacts. Will be returned to the Sephora tomorrow.

Popular Mascaras