Clean Clean

2.6

on 9/30/2005 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this fragrance so much. My boyfriend loves a clean smell, he wears febreze as his cologne, so I purchased this to wear with him. I tested it at Sephora first and was very impressed. It sayed on me for an entire day, until I washed it off. I quickly bought it and began wearing it. Everyone who smelled it on me loved it. At $80 a bottle I hope so. It doesn't smell like soap or detergent to me, more like fabric softener and candy. I love that it smells light and breezy too. I will continue repurchasing until I find something I like better.

on 9/17/2005 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love clean, soapy scents like this. It reminds me of a fresh bar of Zest soap.It's very long lasting as well.

on 8/30/2005 6:17:00 PM

Very dissapointed and pissed with this product. It smelled like a cleaning product, was way overpriced, the bottle leaked and was not true to its claims. Forget this one, its grade 'A' crap.

on 8/24/2005 4:08:00 PM

I sampled this fragrance at Holt Renfrew twise before ordering it from Sephora (since it was $5 cheaper). I suppose part of the appeal was that it seems hard to find in Canada - I live in Ottawa. I thought it was a bit pricey for the packaging, very plain but I just the same, I really love it! It kind of smells like soap but it has this sweet scent that I just can't put my finger on that I think, makes it unique. Anyway, I bought the edp, I'm pretty sure I'll use it all. I also like Amazing Grace and J'Adore(5 years+) if that gives you any indication of the kind of fragrance I like.

on 8/20/2005 11:39:00 AM

I like this smell its a clean, fresh smell, like just getting out of the shower or clean laundry comforting smell. I would never wear these everyday for the rest of my life and its by no means a holy staple of mine but its nice to wear from time to time when you don't really want a 'perfumy' smell.

on 7/18/2005 2:44:00 PM

As others have mentioned, I was fascinated by the idea of this fragrance as soon as I heard about it. (If I could find a perfume that smells like Paul Mitchell Awapuhi shampoo, I'd be in heaven!) Without having smelled it, I ordered the roll-on version from sephora (because it was the only thing that wasn't insanely over-priced). I had such high hopes for this perfume, but was shocked when I got it because to me, it smelled exactly like a bar of soap. It didn't smell like a pleasantly scented, perfumy bar of soap; it just smelled like a plain old bar of deodorant soap. Ecch. I'm glad that there were others who've had pleasanter reactions to it than mine, because I was really disappointed.

This is a fun, kind of gimmicky scent that I bought in roll-on oil form ($25) because I knew I'd wear it for several months then be ready to move on. It is a kind of fresh-out-of-the-shower smell but like a below poster said it also has a hint of something candy-like. Mm. Great for everyday, but I wouldn't want to wear it forever.

EDIT: Wow, so many bad reviews! I have one thing to say to you people: WAIT FOR THE DRYDOWN. I'll admit that at first it does smell pretty strong but once the scent dries and reacts with your skin, it smells a lot more fresh and pretty -- not antiseptic at all.

on 5/4/2005 10:54:00 AM

Okay, I smelled this in the store and loved it so I bought it. After I got home I realized that although I really do love the smell, it's not something that I personally would like to smell like. It's more of a nice smell for my house, so I spray it around and it does make my home smell great. However, I won't be repurchasing since this is quite costly for an air freshener!

on 4/29/2005 5:49:00 PM

Am I crazy? This smelt exactly like no name brand lemon dishsoap on me... clean, but not the clean I was looking for. The search continues.

on 4/18/2005 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

After months of residing at the top of my fragrance wish list, my husband surprised me with this much-raved about Clean. I, unfortunately, disliked this scent with the very first spray. I think that part of my disappointment comes from months of eager anticiaption and longing for the so-called fabulous-smelling fragrance that I had read about in various magazines. And how could anything with the name "Clean" not smell wonderful? It reminded me of a strong, overpowering Origins Gloom Away....and I like a spritz of Gloom Away every now and then. But this, cough-cough, scent is not at all what I was expecting. Next time, I will take the time to read the MUA reviews on a fragrance before it goes on my wish list.

Popular Fragrances