New York Color Pressed Translucent Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Dimethicone/Kaolin/Zinc Stearate/Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate/Cetyl Dimethicone/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Ethylparaben/Propylparaben/Butylparaben/Isobutylparaben. May Contain Mica/Iron Oxides/Titanium Dioxide

on 6/9/2009 6:59:00 PM

I love this stuff. I don't use it daily, and I'm not much of a powder person, but this stuff is everyone else says it is and more. Although it isn't completely tranluscent, it works well to lighten slightly dark foundations, which is kind of what I use it for, and to set my concealer. I also find it gives a little bit of coverage. I love this stuff.

This does what its suppose to do quite well. Keeps oil at bay and has a nice finish. However, this is NOT transparent. I'm a peach color but this goes on white so I look like vampire out of Twilight when I put it on over bare skin. Good thing my foundation is a shade too dark so this makes it pretty close to my skin color. If you arn't white as a ghost, I would probs go with an actual color rather than this. I will repurchase, but in a color.

on 6/1/2009 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Just bought a back up of this as I found some in a chemist that miraculously were untested and still had the multi-coloured NYC logo. This is a great, cheap pressed powder. I don't use it in my daily routine but keep it in my bag for touchups and to blot. Works well at evening out skintone if you get hot and blotchy, as I have on occasion on a night out! Applies evenly, not cakey at all, and doesn't give you that powdery look. A fantastic quality bargain.

on 4/8/2009 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have purchased this several times when I have felt guilty for buying MAC's blot powder over and over when this is basically just as good. I apply this with a kabuki brush and it works very well to set my makeup and keep my face matte for at least a few hours. It isn't as finely milled as MAC's and can get a little cakey if you don't moisturize well. I hate the packaging and the ridiculous foam puff but will repurchase due to the price.

on 4/6/2009 5:31:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

It is worth a try, for two dollars. To it's merit, the quality is astounding for it's price, it is soft, won't make you break out, there is a decent amount of product, and it really is translucent. That said, I don't know how well it has actually absorbed oil and prevented my skin from overproducing it, and it only adds a minimal amount of staying power to my blush and foundation. While I am fond of the matte look, the powder only really looks nice at first; if it is hot, it starts to look cakey and really accentuates my peach fuzz. I never thought they were noticeable, but the powder sure sets out to make sure that they are, which I don't like. I wont be applying it over my makeup anymore; but it does seem to work a lot better at controlling oil when I apply it over bare skin, so I won't throw it out.

on 4/4/2009 2:32:00 PM

Decent powder. I don't use powder commonly in general, but it doesn't dull my skin and gives me slight coverage on top of my foundation, and that's typically all I ask for. The packaging gives you loose powder flying around sometimes, but it's no big deal.

on 3/11/2009 9:46:00 AM

I've used many, many different brands of pressed powders and can't believe this is one of the best! I have sensitive, combination skin and this powder does not irritate or break me out! I still get shiny halfway through the day, but I don't think any product is going to change that. Great product, great price!

Very basic, black compact with a suprisingly amazing powder inside. This removes any oil from my face. I've also discovered this is great to lighten up foundation that's too dark. I'll be buying this in bulk on my next trip to the drugstore, since I'm scraping the bottom of the compact!

on 2/13/2009 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Kinky, Fine

Firstly, I have to say that I use this product mainly for touch ups. And also that I'm pretty fair. I know it says Translucent but maybe it isn't too translucent. I'm sure this will work out if you're fair or even medium skinned. However if you have super dark skin, then MAYBE you should skip this.

Having said that, this product works well as a touch up powder. I have to admit, I don't have the oiliest skin. The only oily area of my face is my nose which isn't too oily. I only need to touch up my makeup once throughout the day. I have sensitive skin and this product did not irritate it.

The only thing about this is its packaging. It's very cheap but so far very sturdy and I don't think it will break on me, so that's good. Another thing is its sponge. It's definitely better than many other sponges out there but it's not the best. However, for touch up purpose, it does the job. So all in all, there isn't anything I would complain about this product really. Would definitely repurchase and recommend.

on 1/29/2009 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I purchased this product about two years ago, and I forgot how much I liked it!
For the price, it's definitely worth a try, and I find that it works well for sheer coverage or a finishing powder. I am extremely pale, so this powder doesn't lighten me up, though I imagine anyone with darker skin would have a problem with this power "ghosting" them out.
I believe it comes with a spongy applicator, which is absolutely terrible, as this power is best applied with a good fluffy brush.
This product would be great for touch-ups (I'm not really much of a "toucher-upper") and provides an excellent shine-free finish that lasts. It doesn't cause breakouts, and it doesn't seem to contain any of that tacky "luminous" glitter.
If you're fair skinned, you should try it!