Maybelline One-by-One, Waterproof ] [DISCONTINUED]

on 8/9/2012 12:35:00 PM

Good stuff. Kinda expected from Maybelline, they make great mascaras. This is good, but if you don't curl your lashes before hand it makes your lashes look clumpy and kinda spidery. Not good. This mascara doesn't give me that much volume, but it did give me longgg lashes! It does work really well when you curl your lashes before like I said, and my lashes are really soft. This was nice. Colossal is way better though (the yellow and blue tube)

on 8/7/2012 6:02:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Hello, Holy Grail mascara! I'm so glad I found you on Makeupalley! Holds curl, doesn't smudge (which is HUGE for me as all "supposedly non-smudgeable mascaras smudge on me), looks very nice - really one by one/angelic-looking. Easy to remove actually with a bit of eye makeup remover and cotton pads. Big thumbs up from me!!!

on 8/2/2012 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Loved the overall appearance after applying two coats of this product and curling my lashes, however I absolutely hate the brush applicator. I find it difficult to get right into the inner and outer corner of my eyelashes. Also, be sure to record the date you open the product, so you do not use it over the 3 month mark, because it causes irritation and my eyes water if used after the three months.

on 7/31/2012 2:45:00 AM

LOVE this mascara. I naturally have long, but stick straight lashes, and this is the only drugstore mascara I've tried that really works for me. It perfectly separates and defines my lashes while holding a curl. It doesn't smear or flake at all, while most mascaras I've tried do, including high end ones. Also, this is VERY waterproof- it's actually a bit hard to get off.

on 7/22/2012 11:42:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Let me start off by saying that this waterproof mascara does exactly what it should- stays on in the water! This is my go-to mascara. I picked it up while on vacation in Florida, and have been wearing it on the pool, on the boat, in the lake, etc. It stays on. Period. When it does come off, it flakes. It doesn't come off in thick, black layers, which is a good thing. It's a little tricky to get off, but hey, that's what comes with the territory of waterproof mascara. No, this mascara does not give dramatic, false lashes. But it does give pretty, fluffy, separated lashes with no clumps. I like this mascara for an every day, light summer look. I'd repurchase in the future. The brush does a good job of catching every lash. I love the design of the brush and the handle, I feel that you have a lot of control while applying. This is the least intense of the Volum Express mascaras, however, it still holds it's own by being a good natural alternative. Don't let the word natural fool you- it's nothing like bare lashes. It just makes it look like you have long, full, real lashes. Not fake ones.

on 7/20/2012 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am actually a waterproof mascara fan--I find that they hold a curl a lot better than their non-waterproof counterparts. After reading all the great reviews here, I bought Maybelline One-by-One Waterproof and for the top lashes, I couldn't be happier. I have short, straight, sparse lashes that I curl religiously and this mascara holds a curl better than any I have tried to date while still keeping lashes looking feathery and separated. The brush is a little big for me, but that's just personal preference. My one problem is that it doesn't work on my bottom lashes. My eyes aren't very oily or watery so I don't normally have a problem with bottom lash mascara (although I do always opt for a waterproof or tubing formula), but this mascara smudges all over the place on my bottom lashes! It's a pity because the separating formula looks great on bottom lashes when I first put it on, but after a couple of hours I end up with raccoon eyes! Nevertheless, I will definitely repurchase for use on top lashes!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

First of all, like a reviewer below, I don't usually use waterproof mascara BUT I do like this one a LOT. I got it because it was on sale during the last CVS beauty clearance and I figured, eh, I'm in Florida and it's summer... waterproof can't hurt. Really, this mascara is everything I wanted Mega Plush to be. Dark black, easy to apply, great volume AND definition. Plus, it holds a curl! I was honestly shocked at how much I like this mascara and didn't expect it to give me the false-lash look that I get with a few coats. My only complaint is that it takes substantial effort to get off- at night, I usually do eye makeup remover, then shower and wash my face, then clean up around the eyes again, let dry and apply eye cream. I have to do an extra "pre-wash" with this mascara at night and sometimes clean up little smudges that appear overnight, in the morning.

on 7/19/2012 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

First of all, I bought this solely on the reviews this. The reviews caught my eye because mascara rarely has such high ratings so when I saw this, I had to give it a try. This is the best mascara I have tried by far, including drugstore and high end! I have tried more drugstore than high end mascaras because a good mascara is sooo hard to find and I'd rather experiement with cheaper drugstore ones than have to pay $20+ for a high end brand and the high end ones I have tried have still disappointed me. This gives me nice fluttery volume, it's buildable, decent lengthening, and best of it does not smudge on me, even in this hot, humid, disgusting weather! I took a walk during my lunch break a few days ago when it was in the 90's and VERY humid and I was pretty sweaty afterwards but still no smudges! If I wear very creamy concealer or a rich eye cream, there will be a little bit of darkness right underneath my lashes but no noticeable smudge. The fact that this is impressing me is saying a lot because my lashes are pathetic. They are very thin, sparse, and short. They also do not hold a curl well unless I use a good waterproof mascara and this holds it perfectly with no drooping throughout the day. I don't have any problems removing this mascara because I use MAC's oil based makeup remover. Love that I found my perfect mascara at the drugstore!

on 7/11/2012 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I bought a couple of waterproof mascaras to see which holds up best in NY's summer heat and humidity.. This mascara gave some curl, volume, and length but nothing spectacular.. Also looks a bit dull and uncharming. At least it gives a somewhat natural look but I might have tried better. I've worn it for a couple of hours, I think it mightve melted and smudged a bit. The temperature today was a high of 82, hot and partly cloudy but not too hot.

on 7/4/2012 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Recently I started looking around for another silicone brush (which I attribute all lash separation to) with waterproofing. I found this product and can say that it has all the perks of Lash Blast Fusion with actual waterproofing. Fantastic volume, separation, and length... and I can be the wuss that I am and still have mascara on at the end of the day.

In regards to the packaging, the rubber suction ring around the top that helps keep excess mascara off the brush will sometimes come off when I pull the wand out. This sucks, but it's easy enough to get back on by just screwing the cap back on again and retrying. Not that big of a deal, but still annoying.

Thank God I found this in time for summer.

Popular Mascaras