Dior Diorshow Extase Flash Plumping Mascara

3.8

on 4/8/2011 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Not a bad product altogether. Thickens and lengthens as promised for me anyway. This is my second time purchasing Extase in Noir. Removal is a llittle time consuming. Using simple almond oil on moist cotton pads is enough to remove eyeshadow but I need to apply more oil on my fingers to manually remove (gently of course) the rest of the mascara from my lashes. Maybe the key is a good eye makeup remover, which is a problem because I have not found a brand which is gentle enough for my sensitive eye area. More research awaits for an excellent eye makeup remover which doesn't cause any unpleasant tingling.

on 3/28/2011 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I am very impressed with this mascara. I love Dior in general so I texd to exprect alot from their products and they did very well with this mascara. I find that when I use is with the Plumping Serum it does Wonders for my lashes, I don't need false lashes when I use this mascara with the serum. The look I achieve when I use it with the serum is amazing, the length, the fullness, and long wear are astonishing. I have also used it by itself and still quite enjoy it and can't really leave the house without applying a coat. I highly recommend using it with Dior Extase

on 3/16/2011 7:11:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like this mascara a lot, it definitely does not pump my lashes like Dior Iconic(which I had to give up because of the smudging under the eyebrow), but it also doesn't smudge as much. I have naturally quite long eyelashes and so far I haven't come across a non-waterproof mascara that doesn't smudge on me. I would buy it again, unless I find something which gives extreme volume and doesn't smudge.

on 3/11/2011 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is my new favourite mascara; the tube is just as glamorous as Yves Saint Laurent’s Faux Cils, but this formula suits me way better. I tried to take a photograph of my lashes this morning to upload here to illustrate the points I am about to make about it, but they didn’t do it justice.
The combination of this mascara, plus regular use of Mavala Double Lash has lengthened my lashes beyond belief! Usually fairly average, they are now fanning out in a most pleasingly lengthy way.
The formula is nice and black, easy to layer, wonderful at lengthening (and averagely plumping), it stays put, it doesn’t irritate, doesn’t clump… It’s fabulous. It’s a little on the wet side, so you need to be careful with flicking the wand about, but once the lesson has been learnt, it’s no issue. It holds a curl and stays put all day.
If you sleep in it, it does smudge. When I sleep in Clinique’s High Impact, or Estee Lauder’s Double Wear, they stay put. But really, I shouldn’t be sleeping in my mascara.

on 3/5/2011 1:46:00 AM

This mascara makes me look like I'm wearing fake eyelashes, which is amazing because my lashes are really thin and volume-less without mascara. The only thing I wish it could do is separate my lashes. Other than that, it lengthens and adds tons of volume. I have two of these, so I won't need to repurchase again.

on 3/4/2011 6:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I'm pretty cheap, so when I was prepared to buy Exstase, I guess I was expecting it to perform better than it did for me.

I have short, sparse asian lashes and this didn't make my lashes as plump as I would've hoped. Other that that it was alright. It smudged a bit by the end of the day.

I also had to wipe off the tip with a tissue every single time otherwise I'd have be a wet, clumpy mess. It got annoying and coupled with the fact that I spent more on this mascara than I usually do, it makes me want to pass on buying this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Much as I think the name is cute, this caused great irritation to my eyes. I normally wear Dior Iconic or Diorshow and do not have problems. I had to wash this off within 10 minutes.

on 2/24/2011 10:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is goopy, there's no better word. It also doesn't do all that much for your lashes. In fact, mine end up looking a bit spiked and I'm not getting the volume I want.
Don't bother to buy it.

on 2/22/2011 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

got the set with little tube of eye lase primer 27 euros. It helps nothing for my short Asian eyelashes even with curler. It gives no volume, no lenght and doesnt hold my lashes at all. This will be the first and the last high end mascara for me. Sadly i will have to keep using it because it is just too expensive to waste it :(((

on 2/18/2011 1:33:00 PM

It is a tad bit clumpier at home than when I tried it in the store, but I like it. I don't notice too much of a difference between this and Dior Blackout though. I like dramatic lashes and this works, but I wouldn't use it for work. It's more of a going out mascara.

Popular Mascaras