One 'n Only Argan Oil Treatment

Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Fragrance (Parfum), Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Yellow 11 (CI 47000), Red 17 (CI 26100)

on 9/19/2011 12:22:00 AM

okay first off, i have such frizzy hair it's not even funny.. i used to straighten it everyday WITHOUT heat protectant when i was in middle school years ago, and then i dyed my hair blonde... but it wasn't blonde enough so i got it even blonder..... then i'd blowdry it on the highest heat and the nozzle was right on my hair (YIKES!!!) and then what did i do? i decided i'd use the CHI flat iron on my poor hair... and i BARELY used heat protectants ahhhhh!!!! you can imagine how bad my hair was after all the damage i put it through!! it got so thin (it used to dry naturally thick, healthy, shiny, straight) but the texture changed and it was dry/frizzy/curly/wavy/dull and weak! it was horrible so i decided i'd take much better care of it and now it's so much healthier than it used to be cause i've just baby'd it basically. it still can be a little dry and frizzy like when i take a shower and i leave it dry naturally, i put some of this argan oil in my hair that i got from sallys beauty supply and let me just say this stuff is awesome! it smells amazing, it DOES NOT make my hair greasy AT ALL. but i wouldn't recommend putting it near your roots just to be safe cause some people might have really oily hair.. unless you use it as an overnight scalp treatment, some people do it but you can use extra virgin olive oil for that instead and it works much better(i've tried it before).... back to the argan oil, it smooths down my frizzy hair and makes it soft and adds some shine to it since it's soo dull... i love it! and i love using it after my hair is completely dried i put it in focusing on my ends, and use some CHI 44 iron gaurd and flat iron my hair and my hair comes out soooo softtt!! ahh i love it! it feels amazing and SMELLS AMAZING! it's awesome. i'd recommend this to anyoneeeeeeee =) !

on 8/24/2011 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This product is a staple for me. It's not as nice as some of the higher end argan oil brands, but the affordability (and availability at Sally's) make it a fantastic investment. I use it three times a week on my frizzy, thick hair (which is colored, highlighted, and tends towards a little dry.) Put a quarter amount in your hand, warm it up for a few seconds, rub it all over your hands, then scrunch it into your hair and you're good to go! Keeps frizzies away and leaves hair soft and smelling nice.

on 8/8/2011 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this! I love the smell. I love what it does for my hair! My hair is chemically straightened. After several straightenings over the years, my hair has gotten a bit dry and poofy. I use about a quarter sized drop of this on my wet hair after I shower. I let my hair air dry naturally and my hair has shine and moisture again!

I really like this product. Interestingly, it is not your typical silicone product (I usually try to avoid these because they make my hair greasy the next day). The Argan Oil Treatment helps especially with coarse ends and flyaway hair. The best thing is that it softens my hair and makes it shiny without weighing it down. The oil gets absorbed easily which has only ocurred to me when using a non-silicone product. So far I'd say thumbs up for this exceptional hair product!
Update: after several weeks I have noticed built up and frizz! My hait can't stand silicones.

on 8/6/2011 1:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Really helps me tame my unruly, super-coarse hair. Put it in on wet hair after the shower and I can really see the shine when it dries.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

amazzingg product! easy packaging. just be careful not to use but a drop or two or itll make your hair appear greasy! i use when my hairs still wet and sometimes just a drop to rub into dry hair.

on 8/6/2011 12:41:00 PM

I swim 5 days a week, plus my hair is color-treated, thick & frizzy - a recipe for disaster. My routine this summer has been to towel-dry my hair after shampoo & conditioning w/Neutrogena Daily Deep products, apply about a quarter-size bit of this stuff to my shortish hair, and it looks great - air-dries nicely with a wet look that is not stiff, like what I got when I used various gels & mousses. I have not tried this yet w/blow-dryer, but am willing to believe it would protect against heat too. Also, my hair looks nice the day after application - no build-up or greasiness so far. For the price, it's worth a try - apply less rather than more at first, until you see how much you need.

P.S. My hairdresser can "feel" chlorine build-up on her scissors when she cuts my hair, and using this product has eliminated this problem. I give it an A.

on 8/6/2011 11:59:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This stuff is nice but not amazing. I put it on after I shower, and it does make my hair shiny and manageable. However it only has a little bit of argan oil in it so its not so much for moisture as it is for styling. One of the first ingredients on the list is dimethicone, which is a silicone. Ok, silicones are not really good for your hair yet they do have a purpose. I bought the Josie Maran 100% pure argan oil which is not easy to rub into my thick, curly, and dry hair. So, that's where the silicones come in. They make it easier to put the product in your hair. Your fingers just glide through. So, I use this One N' Only Argan oil more as a styling product to give my hair shine and manageability..and also as a heat protector. Then when I am done w my blow drying, etc..i apply a little bit of the 100% pure argan oil towards the ends of my hair. That's my trick =] I would like to also warn though that too much silicones in your hair over time does cause build up and breakage...so I would be easy on this stuff.

on 8/6/2011 8:19:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am on my second bottle. I bought the first bottle, had fantastic results, then decided to try the Creme of Nature version. Big mistake. The two are worlds apart! The One 'n Only definitely wins hands down. It smoothes and defrizzes my dry, wavy, coarse hair while the Creme of Nature just smells nice and does little else for me.

I like to put the One 'N Only on my hair before bedtime. I usually put quite a bit on since I want it to soak in overnight. I put my hair up in a loose bun using a scrunchie and go to sleep. The next morning I wash and condition my hair in the shower and boy, does my hair look good!

I do use a clarifying shampoo once a week to eliminate any buildup that may occur from this product or any of the others that I use.

I believe the 3.4 fl oz bottle costs about $9.95. Next time I'm springing for the larger bottle which costs $10.00 more. I highly recommend this product.

on 8/3/2011 2:59:00 PM

Pros:
-De-tangles my long, thick hair like a dream (after I shower, I put the oil on my tangled hair, then wrap my hair in a towel. After half an hour, my hair will be almost tangle free without even using a comb).
-Makes my hair LOOK hydrated.
-Never had issues with it making my hair more oily (I also never applied it to my roots, only my ends and middle).
Cons:
-Musky/nutty scent (but completely disappears after my hair dries).
-Not really hydrating.

I used this for 3 months. I can't for sure say that it gave me more split ends, but I can for sure say that it did NOT prevent them.
Since the first 3 items in the argan oil are silicones, I think the hydrating feeling that I get from this product is mostly fake. I have never used Moroccan oil, but since it's first 3 ingredients are also silicones, I would not expect it to be much better.

Top Rated One 'n Only Products