Lancome Hypnose Drama

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Phenoxyethanol . May Contain/Peut Contenir : CI 77266/Black 2, CI 77499/Iron Oxides.

on 4/15/2013 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I am 23 years old and I've used Lancome mascara since I was probably 14 (my mom used to buy me them when she bought her own). I always though it was the best mascara out there, especially since I have short, straight lashes. My mother has long and thick eyelashes, so it works really well on her. I bought the Drama as a replacement for my regular Hypnose, and I was disappointed by how long it takes to dry, and it ends up smudging in the corners of my eyes and it flakes a lot through the day. I used it for 2 months before I just said ENOUGH...I switched recently to Chanel, and I wish I had done it years ago. Their mascara's are phenomenal. You don't need to get the waterproof because it stays put and lengthens and volumizes extremely well, and it never flakes or smudges. I bought the Chanel Inimitable Intense mascara to replace this one, because this one did not work for me. Lancome really needs to step up their game, the mascara's they've come out with recently suck!

on 4/1/2013 12:34:00 AM

I'm a mascara addict... And I'm so glad I tried this brand. I got the gift set this past winter and to be honest, I was skeptical at first. I have medium length but thick eyelashes that never stay curled even when I use my shu uemura eyelash curler. But OMG! This mascara keeps my lashes curled, thickens and lengthens my lashes! It doesn't smudge either! And I have slick eyelids. I'm so glad I purchased this.
This is better than Dior show - which dried in a month and didn't much do much for my lashes.

on 3/31/2013 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The most volumizing mascara ever! Goes on very thick but does separate at the same time.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my top 3 favorite mascaras! When I wore this for the first time, my brother asked me if I was wearing false lashes!(I have skinny, Asian lashes... I didn't even curl my lashes that day) There is a rose scent to the mascara but you can't really smell it unless you're putting the product on or intentionally smelling the mascara. The brush takes a little getting used to since it is in a very weird shape. My only complaint is that it smudges on me towards the end of the day(about 8 hours) but I do have SUPER oily eyelids! But with a lash primer it takes even longer to smudge. Overall great product!

on 3/27/2013 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A huge let-down, especially considering the price - AU $52. I feel that I could get a much better result from a drug store mascara, for a quarter of what I paid.

My lashes are quite straight and sparse, but with the right mascara I can really make them stand out. This was not the right mascara.

The formula is INCREDIBLY wet - if you don't wipe off the ton of excess product on the brush, you end up with horrid clumps - my eyelashes actually resembled fat spider legs! I did get a much better effect if I wiped the brush - but then, it wasn't anything special; it made me look as if I only had 5 super long, thin lashes - and any more than a coat was a no-no. A lash comb is definitely essential if you're committed to using this mascara.

on 3/16/2013 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best mascara ever if you look for more length and great volume. This is the best volumizing mascara I ever tried. With other volumizing mascaras I never get the big eyes I have like I have with this one.
But if you prefer neat, separated lashes, you should look for another mascara.

on 3/15/2013 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I like the mascaras formula it lengthens my eyelashes and alot of volume, but only when I use another mascara as a base. So not my favorite.

on 3/14/2013 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Goal: to volumize and lengthen my blonde, thin lashes.

Pros:
- no transferring to upper eyelids (common problem for me)
- buildable volume and length
- very dramatic appearance
- fast drying

Cons:
- smells like chemicals (apparently it is a "rose" scent but I think it's just awful) even my husband smelled it when we got in the car one night
- "S" shaped brush can be a bit difficult to use and get an even result. Would prefer a simpler shape!

Despite the smell and brush shape, this mascara still gives the best result - buildable volume and length! I will keep repurchasing. I wouldn't use this mascara unless you are going for a dramatic look. For a more natural appearance I would suggest Lancôme Doll Lashes.

on 3/12/2013 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

not too sure how i feel about this product. had a really nice smell, brush was good. however, if i decided to use more than 2 coats it would look great when i put on then a few hours later i would actually have parts of the mascara crumble off and sit under my eyes.
would probably still buy again though!

on 3/7/2013 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Desperately wanted to love this mascara as I had tested the original Hypnose in the past. The formula in it was far too much on the brush and made my lashes stick together, spider leg effect! Eeeek. It could be that I haven't used it enough to gain enough technique, so I will keep trying!

Having paid $60NZD on this mascara I am not going to give in easily! I will use it until every last bit is gone.

Popular Mascaras