DUO - Eyelash Adhesive

on 3/22/2010 6:21:00 AM

I've started using false eyelashes recently and have heard good things about duo eye adhesive so I decided to give it a try after my manicare glam eyes eyelash glue ran out (manicare glam eyes glue came free with the false eyelashes).
So far, I think it's fab! It's a bit tricky learning exactly how much glue to put on the eyelashes - too much and it takes forever to dry, too little and it doesn't stick properly at the corners - but I think practice will fix that.
The glue really does last all day, I've fallen asleep with it on, and it was still stuck on properly when I woke up - although easier to tug off in the morning.
What truly makes this glue fantastic is how easy it is to remove. Just add water and ta-da, off with your lashes. Although that does make me worry if I ever get caught out in the rain. Also, it makes cleaning the eyelashes super easy as well, coz the glue seems to become rubber like and stick together, so if you pull carefully on the strip of glue (on the lashes) the entire thing should come off in one go.
Would definitely repurchase - although i'll prob try the dark tone one next time.

EDIT: The glue isn't lasting as well as I initially thought. My lashes peeled off on their own after a few hours during dinner. At first I thought it was because of the heat ( i was having hotpot/steamboat ) but it happened again last weekend. Even after applying more glue, it just wouldn't stick. =/

on 3/19/2010 5:10:00 PM

This adhesive was the best eyelash glue i've ever used until i started having a reaction to it :(

turns out it's most probably the latex so i've had to switch to a non-latex one.

packaging is fine, lashes stay on great and i would still recommend it to others though just unfortunately not for me anymore :(

on 3/4/2010 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is the only eyelash glue I buy. It dries matte clear and is very tacky. I have oily lids and my lashes stay on all day (8-10 hrs) despite oil, eyeliner and eyeshadows. The the lashes don't pull up at the edges at all.

on 2/1/2010 12:15:00 AM

OK, I thought this lash glue was great. I had it in both the clear and the black. I hadn't used it in about 3 months. I took it out, tried to take the cap off, and the tip completely separated from the tube. There was no way to reattach it. (This was the clear.) So then I took the cap off the black one. I tried to squeeze out the glue, and the tip was clogged. The glue started squirting out a hole in the side of the tip. WTF?! No way will I recommend this product. I had to throw both of them in the trash. Waste of good money.

on 1/28/2010 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

DUO white/clear is the best eyelash adhesive on the market and I have never found one to its equal. Tip: when you remove your eyelashes, place them on a strip of adhesive tape and make sure they are positioned in a natural curve. The next morning, place the eyelashes in a small container of either alcohol or witch hazel for a few minutes so you can easily remove the old adhesive without damaging the lashes. Always pull the adhesive off straight up, not toward the sides of the strip.

on 1/27/2010 3:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this when I got my MAC #31 eyelashes and didnít know that they didnít come with an adhesive so I bought this at the same time and I paid 12Ä ($17), which is so expensive but I have to admit that this product is really good. You donít need to worry about your eyelashes coming off and it will last all day long and here comes the problem. The first time removed my eyelashes , even though I did it carefully it irritated my eyelids and they were a little swollen the next day, but that only happened once and Iíve never had any problems with this after that one incident. I would definitely recommend this product and once Iíll run out, which wonít be any time soon I will buy it again. Makeup artists like Mario Dedivanovic, who does Kim Kardashianís makeup swear by this.
By the way you can purchase this product in black and clear.

on 1/23/2010 4:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This works very well I've never had a problem with lashes coming off when I use this correctly. I just coat the lash band with this and let them get tacky for thirty second and put them onto my lash line. It works well and you don't make a mess if you let it get tacky first. My only issue with this is that it is latex based, which I'm not allergic to but a lot of people are and that it contains formaldehyde.

on 12/30/2009 9:43:00 PM

I bought this yesterday at mac since I had a bad experience with quo eyelash glue took a while to get the hang of it I guesss I was being impatient and just soaped it on to the lashes so they fell off but the second time I tried it actually stayed on ^^ yay it does have a dirty fish market smell tho and the nozzle allows too much product to come out but I will repurchase but at 9.50 cnd a tube it's a little pricy for glue maybe iam just cheap =.= good thing I don't wear eyelashies often

on 12/22/2009 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have used Duo for years -- since I am a child of the 80's false lashes are part of my life and face.

I use the white since I don't like the dark spots sometimes left by the dark one. If there is any residual white it turns clear and then I use my gel/liquid/pencil/shadow as eyeliner on top.

I have worn this for hours on end and into the following night and then some..lol. Hell, I can remember one crazy weekend in the Caribean when I wore my lashes for 2 days straight and they never even moved.
sigh -- those were the days.

But back to this glue ... there is none better imo. You will need replacements as the glue can dry up within the tube after a year or so.
You will notice it gets more yellow and gooey so that it does not spread as easily on your falsies. High altitude can also make the little tube split at the seams.. and then you have glue all over so put this into a plastic bag or container when travelling on planes.

But it is inexpensive and so easy to work with... I love this stuff.

Also, if you have bushy eyebrows, put a pindrop on a spoolie and you can control your eyebrows or shape them up, down or sideways.. lol

on 12/22/2009 3:13:00 PM

hands down best eyelash adhesive.

bought this at the mac counter. works so well. i got the clear one, one day i will try the blk one. but i don't know if i'll ever finish the tube, there is so much product. 14 grams, 1/2 oz.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools