Estee Lauder Beyond Paradise

3.3

on 3/19/2008 11:53:00 AM

This reveiw is going to be short and sweet. I've heard Beyond Paradise described as the perfect floral.....and it is. A hot, humid, tropical floral. I cant wait to wear this when its stifling hot outside. Anyway, Beyond Paradise smells to me what the Garden of Eden must have smelled like......paradise....Beyond Paradise. Since the Garden of Eden was perfect in every way it makes sense that Beyond Paradise is called Beyond Paradise.

on 2/23/2008 3:00:00 PM

My favourite perfume! It smells very clear and bright and i never think of it as overpowering.However it is rather expensive for everyday wear.But it is the loveliest scent i have found so far.

on 2/22/2008 1:15:00 PM

This is a great perfume for night... for me it's a little strong during the day. Good for special occassions.

on 2/4/2008 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I got it as a gift and I have been trying to be soooo careful with it because it smells like heaven. It CAN be a bit strong so you don't need to use much but it is definetly one of my favorites.

on 1/12/2008 4:21:00 AM

I LOVE this perfume. I keep the smaller bottle on hand for special occaions. This is not my everyday perfume as I cannot afford it on my income. If I could, then it would be my everyday perfume. The scent is powerful without being overwhelming. I love it! And the bottle is pretty too! :o)

This perfume comes in a pretty purplish bottle and is in a midrange for price. It can sometimes be found in drugstores as well as at EL counters. I like florals and this is a complex floral that reminds me of gardenias and honeysuckle without smelling like an old lady. It does not have any vanilla or other "foody" quality about it. Neither do I detect musk or other warm undertones. It is clean, clear, and light. Most EL fragrances (like Beautiful) give me a terrible headache, but this one does not. AFter I spray it on I don't really notice it again until I do something to lift my hand (wrist) near my face and then I am happily surprised with the staying power of many hours. I can't recommend the lotion or shower gel (which I got in a nice Christmas present 2 years ago) since when I use them they react differently to my body chemistry and smell bad. But I love the perfume. If you like White Linen you will probably like this.

on 12/19/2007 4:57:00 PM

I received this in a swap and have always wanted to try it b/c the bottle is just simply gorgeous in my opinion but I was suprized to discover the fragrance itself is just down-right AWFUL!!

I can't even describe what it smelled like...maybe a mix of alcohol, chemicals, spicy oriental'ness, and a tinnnny pink of floral at the end.

All I have to say is thank goodness I didn't actually purchase this from a store and can just swap it back away!! As much as I love the bottle I would hate for the already nasty perfume to spoil sitting on my dresser.

on 12/17/2007 2:57:00 AM

This is a beautiful exotic floral, about as complex as I'll usually go. It smells gorgeous, but I agree a light hand is needed. When it first came out I smelled it and thought, who wouldn't want to douse themselves in this stuff, and I'm not even a 'strong' perfume kinda girl. My bf's mom gave me a sample she had and I proceeded to spray liberally, then I got that it could be too overwhelming, I could TASTE it it was so strong. I find if you spray lightly you can't really go wrong, it smells like a pretty exotic garden. I love the honeysuckle so much, and you can smell a lot of other flowers, but this results in it smelling rare and expensive IMO. Wear around the store for about an hour before you purchase to get the full effect.

on 11/17/2007 6:07:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Aw, why so many bad reviews? If you didn't like it, then why buy it? I had gotten this for an anniversary gift because I fell in love with it as a sample I had in a magazine. This I will admit is not the typical scent that I go for, but it reminds me of strong exotic flowers. It can be overpowering if worn around sensitive noses, but I keep this as going out night special occasion "date" with my guy. The bottle style is one of the prettiest perfume bottles I have ever seen, and it looks great on my vanity. I <3 this!

on 11/13/2007 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

As pretty as this bottle is, i hate it. I personally do not like any of EL perfumes. All of them smell more like chemicals than the actual fragrance it self.

Popular Fragrances