MAC Rebel Lipstick

4.6

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I don't know what makes this color so amazing but nothing makes me feel more glamorous or supermodel-esque than rebel. I pop this on, turn around, and strike a pose at my 'imaginary' paparazzi :). This is a gorgeous plummy red color that I would imagine would look great on warm and cool skintones alike, and looks the best with a bronzy eye or a strong cat liner. Go check it out, but be warned, if you decide to try you, I'm sure you're gonna buy it.

on 3/19/2013 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

With a name like Rebel, I expected a stronger more powerful color. Something that said "if you cross me, I'll ruin your career." It came out more "can I get you a cup of coffee." Which I don't mind. It wasn't what I expected but it's a beautiful shade of plummy red that's perfect to pair with eyeliner and heavy mascara for a classy italian look!

on 3/14/2013 1:31:00 PM

i tried this on at the mac store and fell in love with it, i was worried it would be too dark and wouldnt look right on me but the color is beautiful and rich. i like to layer it on there so it comes out nice and dark, definitley makes a statement im interested to see how it looks in summer when i have a tan goin' on but i have a feeling im going to love this color no matter what and it has great staying power but even when it does fade it leaves a nice berry colored stain to your lips.

on 3/8/2013 10:40:00 AM

Rebel is a vibrant berry-red that leaves a raspberry stain after several hours of wear. This is one of the longest wearing lipsticks I have ever tried. I always receive compliments when I wear Rebel. If you are bored of wearing red lipstick but don't want to go too far outside of the box, this one is perfect.

on 3/7/2013 12:55:00 PM

Love this so much! Though it would be too dark for my liking but no, it's perfect. I love that I can apply it and then take it off straight away and it gives a nice 'lip-stain' effect. Also, I've found that it suits all skin tones, I am a fairer tone but my friend who is a NC35 shade manages to pull it off very nicely!

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is stated as one of the Best Selling shades by Mac. Often sold out. Knowing this, of course i grabbed one on the first chance I've got. I am on the fence and quite confused about this though. It's shade on the tube is Dark Plum, but when applied, it is a dark berry-reddish plum when applied as a full color but on lighter application, it would look Dark Fuschia. I researched on it and it looked gorgeous on the swatches. But when I applied it on my lips with full color, I got disappointed cause it made me look...old and matronly. Not flattering on my NC25 skin tone. So I opted to blot it and blot it some more till it looks like a stain and alas! It looked great! The color turned out to look light berry Fuschia. I am also so impressed with it's longevity, that stain lasted on my lips even after I brushed my teeth before I went to bed which is impressive. And it fades evenly like I had a natural flush on my lips... So i decided to keep it and just wear it as a stain from then on.

on 2/26/2013 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love Rebel lipstick (and lip glass!). It's dark enough to be a bit vampy, but not so dark that it's overpowering.

on 2/26/2013 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This is the first new MAC lipstick I've ever had. Got it with my BACto MAC. This does stain my lips quite a bit as well but I actually like that. I think the color is great. You can press it into your lips for a more muted/fuschia color... Or apply it normally for a darker/plumy color. I've seen this color on many different skintones and have yet to see one that it doesn't compliment.

on 2/22/2013 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I love this color, for reference I am NW45 or 177 (mufe) i wear this alone or paired up with funtabulous dazzleglass. Pure genius!! such a pretty berry color that is very flattering to woc. This is one of my must have staple products that i will always repurchase.

on 2/22/2013 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I find this lipstick stains my lips quite a bit, so I have to spend the time using a lip scrub to take of the rest of the colour. You can use this as a strong lipstick or you can use it like a lip stain. I also like adding a bit of lipgloss to give it shine.

Popular Lipsticks