Milani Liquif'eye Metallic eye liner pencil -black

Not tested on animals

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG 19/19 Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, Nylon 12, C20 40 Alcohols, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Polyethylene, Pentaerythrityl, Pentaerythrityl Tetra Di T Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Chromium Oxide Greens CI 77288, Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77288), Aluminum Powder (CI 77000), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Black 2 (CI 77266), Bronze Powder (CI 77400), Carmine (CI 75470), Copper Powder CI 77400, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77492), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 15850), Zinc Oxide (CI 77491)

on 3/12/2012 10:47:00 AM

This is the absolute best eyeliner i have ever used in all my years of using makeup. The liner is smooth, easily glides on, and stays put for many hours. It is not 100% smudge/smear proof but it is close and it will last at least 5 hours. The ONLY problem I had was that in case any part of the liner touched my contact lens, it would leave a film. this film cannot be cleaned off the lens without the lens being removed then rubbed and rubbed with contact lens solution! it is a very tough film to get off...simple blinking, rubbing, or soakig in the lens will not remove the film! I was very disappointed at this discovery.. and even resorted to going with another brand, Almay 16hour eyeliner which was not good at all. Anyway, finally, i think i have a solution for lens wearer to use Milani. After you have carefully applied the liner, allow it a few seconds to dry ( per the package instruction), then go over the line with a bit of eyeshadow powder. I find by doing this, it blots off a bit of the wax from the milani pencil which i believe is the culprit for leaving the film on the lens. The eyeshadow may dimish the pigment of the liner a bit but then at least you won't get the film on your lens.

on 3/11/2012 10:17:00 AM

This just became my favorite new eyeliner last week...until i had to sharpen it...it just becomes a crazy hot mess when you sharpen it! the eyeliner itself is great! lasts all day, even on your waterline...but they need to put it in a pot or make it a little more solid...i have to put it on with an eyeliner brush bc its a big goopy mess after i sharpened it....

on 3/7/2012 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Melts when put on incorrectly. Stays on all day without fading most of the time.

on 2/27/2012 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

a great eyeliner ! i always had a problem finding an eyelier that didn't come off and end up all over my undereyes and this is it ! even without setting it with an eyeshadow this lasts about six hours for me. it is so smooth and creamy and just glides on and is the blackest eyeliner i have used.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm a contact lens wearer and after reading reviews about how it gets onto the contacts after applying on the waterline, I decided to only use this for my top lashline. It is a very dark black color and creamy on initial application. I bought it for 6 bucks at Target (reg. price) and use my Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in black on my waterline. The UD eyeliner isn't as dark as this MIlani eyeliner but I prefer that my waterline isn't as dark as the liner on my top lashline. The finished look is exactly like my MAC gel liner: dark and beautiful. I may repurchase this if it doesn't irritate me like it did to others.

on 2/26/2012 2:19:00 AM

This is a really great eyeliner. The color is VERY pigmented and it is very creamy and smooth. You can also use an eyeliner brush to apply a more precise line and it works very much like a gel eyeliner. It stays on all day for me on the upper lash line, although it does smudge and fade a bit on the waterline at the end of the day.

With that being said, it's a bit of a pain to remove this from my eyes because it stays on so well. Also, I just don't LOVE this product because it irritates my eyes when I put it on the waterline :[. But overall, this is probably one of the best drugstore eyeliners, in my opinion, if you're looking for something very black that will last all day!

on 2/22/2012 2:00:00 AM

So I was really wanting this for a whle after I had read so much about it. It came highly recommended to me by girls on beauty broadcast fb page. Anywho I finally went out and bought it at CVS for around 7 bucks. Before that I was trying a few others ( Elf black cream eyeliner, elf eye pen, UD liquid eyeliner from the Book of Shadows )
I first put it on my waterline the night I bought it. It immediately made my eyes feel irritated, dry and itchy. THe next day I put it on my top line and then under my bottom lashline since it had burned the night before. HORRIBLE! I had to take my son to the doctor and the whole way driving my eyes were killing me. This continued all day and my eyes ( even after removing it and showering ) still feel irritated. I am not sure if it is just me?? Anyone else have this problem?
It is thick, dark and glides on easy, but it is CRAZY hard to get off! It took me forever after I showered to get it all off. Whew..I think I wikll be chunking it as my eyes are still killing me!

on 2/18/2012 12:18:00 AM

I bought this because many have recommended this eyeliner to me and considering that it is drugstore, I decided to try it. I was a little worried that my eyes would react to it because a lot of people mentioned sensitivity issues. This happened only once after wearing it religiously for a month, and it went away in less than five minutes. This eyeliner is very dark, and goes on verryyyy smoothly, I especially like to use it on my waterline. It's probably stayed on the longest out of all eyeliners I've ever tried. The only downside is that it did smudge a little by the end of the day, but definitely did not make me look like a raccoon! The eyeliner also has a slight blue undertone but is hardly noticeable unless you're incredibly picky like me.

on 1/30/2012 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I tried this after reading all the reviews here, and I like it, not love it. It's very good, but not great on me. It is dark, dark, inky black and easy to use. When I put it to the test, it stayed just as I applied it on my upper eyelid, but disappeared from my waterline within hours. I prefer the Cover Girl Liquiline Blast because it lasts on my waterline longer. I do not regret buying this and I would buy it in a pinch as an alternative to the Liquiline.

Edit 8/5/12: Giving back 2 lippies, bringing the overall rating to 5. While the CG Liquiline is more user friendly, the Milani cannot be beaten in color. Now that I've figured out how to set this with black eyeshadow, this is my go-to for dramatic eye looks. I've even used it as an eye base in a pinch.

on 1/29/2012 9:23:00 PM

As others have noted, this pencil has a wonderful, creamy texture and goes on as a true, intense black. I like the way that it applies and the price is right. I won't be repurchasing, however, because it smears and migrates on me-- I end up a mess.

I have recently tried the Prestige Total Intensity pencil and prefer it.

Top Rated Milani Products