MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

This is a very sheer foundation that dries very quickly. Once dry, it is hard to move around so you need to work quickly. I use this foundation when I'm going to be sweating or swimming as it is nicely waterproof.

on 6/26/2005 11:51:00 PM

I love mac products, just not their foundations! This one broke my face out so bad. I never had a problem with breakouts until I started using this product, which is stinks since it provided great coverage!

on 6/14/2005 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've been through more foundations and tinted moisturizers than anyone I know, but now I think my search is over. At the suggestion of a sephora employee(!) I went to Mac to search for a tinted moisturizer for my dry sensitive skin. I was unsure about it in the store,but when I got it home I was really happy. This moisturizer is very watery and sheer so if you have oily skin, it's probably not for you, but it makes me glow and it's not too heavy. I don't need heavy coverage, just a sheer tint and this does the trick. It hasn't broken me out and it's a lot cheaper when compared to other brands I've tried.

on 5/29/2005 6:44:00 AM

Have been using this in C3 for years now. Sheer, but buildable coverage. Doesn't accentuate flakes. Surprisingly easy to cover blemishes. Except for the obvious dewy-ness (shine?), I wouldn't change anything about it. A light dusting of MAC Blot would suffice.

Having said that, it's best used on skin that's already pretty smooth and clear.

I just use a few drops of this on the T-zone, chin, sometimes on cheekbones, and I get people telling me I have the most perfect flawless skin. They don't even believe me when I tell them it's foundation. Very flattering product, if you can handle the shine and consistency. The big bottle lasts ages.

C3 is the perfect colour on me, even if I usually wear NC25 in other MAC foundations and concealers.

on 5/21/2005 12:38:00 PM

I love the way this foundation is so buildable. I can put on a very thin layer or build it bit heavier for more coverage if im going for a more made up look. I really think you need the foundation brush for this. I wouldn't purchase again however because after a while it just feels greasy on my skin and makes me look oily even though I don't have oily skin.

Super natural sheer foundation that still covers and has yellow based tones. Even if I put on more than one layer, it still doesn't look like foundation, just my skin but better. I wear C2 for my LLL/FFF yellow toned skin.

on 3/26/2005 1:56:00 AM

Let me preface by saying that I am extremely picky when it comes to make-up. I'd spend 500$ on a foundation if I knew it'd do the job and cover me up. Yes, I am crazy. Haha.

I use this in N1. Let me tell you, this stuff is amazing. I absolutely love it. It looks so completely natural, you look like you're not wearing anything. I love how it has a little hint of sheer in it, so your skin looks beautiful and healthy. It's lightweight, and water-based, it feels like you're not even wearing make-up! Sometimes I even forget to wash my face because I can't remember if I put on foundation or not. I think "Eh, I don't have any on *snore*". Then when I wake up the next morning to wash my face, there it is, right on the cloth. It doesn't give me breakouts at all what-so-ever.

It really covers well, and it is also buildable so you can costomize your coverage. I have been blessed with a clear complexion, so perhaps people with problematic skin should try something a little heavier. Although, my sister has serious acne, and this covers her face/chest up like it's going out of style. She wears Revlon Colorstay as a base, then puts this on top of it, and finishes with Bare Escentuals make-up. She has lightskin too, and with this procedure, her skin looks incredible.

on 3/23/2005 7:13:00 PM

For a girl who hates foundation, I thought this would be the answer to my prayers! Well . . . that was not exactly the case with MAC’s Face and Body Foundation. MAC gets big raves for creating a light wear foundation that is resistant to excessively transferring onto clothing and other surfaces. However BOOO for making this foundation so moist and prone to greasiness! There’s no way in hell I would ever wear this without a dusting of powder of it. This is not an advisable foundation for ladies looking for full coverage, but it’s perfect for those, like me, who aren’t particularly desiring that foundation-caked face look. I suppose part of my dissatisfaction stems from the fact that I was mismatched for this foundation. Sigh! Would not buy again.

on 3/20/2005 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i love this foundation its nice n light and a perfect colour match (c5)however although it looks amazing when u've just applied it i found with my skin within an hour it wasn't a dewy look it just looked oily and wet which is a shame =(

on 1/30/2005 7:45:00 PM

Yuck... It is the WORST foundation I've tested! It is so oily and sticky on me. :(

Video Reviews & Tutorials