BeneFit Cosmetics HOOLA

4.1

on 4/8/2005 2:07:00 AM

I like the color of the bronzer the most. It is not orange like most bronzers and is matte which is hard to find in most. I would not recommend this product for super pale complexions. A little bit of product goes a long way with this bronzer it is very pigmented.

on 4/2/2005 12:52:00 AM

This is a true bronzer no shimmer just natural looking tan. It looks natural on my MMM skin. Everyone always thinks its my natural skin color and thats hard to achieve with a bronzer. As far as the packaging its okay I know a lot of you love it but sometimes when I go to pick it up the bottom part always falls but other than that I will purchase again.

on 3/31/2005 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My HG summer bronzer. It's the closest thing to a natural tan I have found in a product. It has no orange or pink in it whatsoever, which I like.
It's "summer tan" in a box!
Speaking of box, that's my only gripe, is the packaging. Would have preferred a pot, but...it's still worth it.
Oh, and I actually *like* the brush that comes with it, I know lots of people hate it, but it works well for me. It's straight and flat, which allows for good contouring, and then I can always blend after that.
Will repurchase if I ever run out!

on 3/24/2005 8:18:00 PM

I love this stuff! I have used it for a few years now! it lasts a long time!

on 3/21/2005 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this bronzer! I am olive skinned and when I use it it gives me a more tanned look. The only trouble I have is the brush- it's cute, but it doesn't make applying the bronzer very easy.. I use a round, fluffy brush instead and it works great!

on 3/16/2005 10:30:00 PM

The girls weren't lying when they said this bronzer can go on a little streaky. If you have fair skin, or if you plan on using this in the winter, beware... DON'T use the goat hair brush that comes inside. Use a big, fluffy powder brush to get an even application. Sometimes after applying with a huge fluffy brush, I take the HOOLA brush and just sweep a little across my cheekbones. The color is natural-looking if you have medium to dark skin, but it may be a little 'dirty' looking on fair skin. And the way the package is designed creates a bit of a mess, because the brush sits IN the bronzer and gets a little dirty. The goat hair on the brush also tends to create a lot of loose powder inside the box, so watch where you tip that thing!

on 3/14/2005 4:42:00 PM

I like this only in the summer. I have dark skin and it even goes on "streaky" for me especially in the winter. I have to be very careful applying or it will look plain stupid. The trick is a very light hand and a huge fluffy brush.

on 3/10/2005 5:59:00 PM

I have very fair, yellow-toned skin and can make this bronzer work for me if I apply very carefully. I have to use a fluffy, natural bristled brush and light hand. I also use mineral make-up, so I think that provides a nice base for it. I think most of the streaking problems women have with this stem from applying it over liquid foundation. I would powder lightly first if you use a liquid. This bronzer is only brown pigments, no sparkle, so looks very natural. Never too sparkly or orange. I think it is a good "starter" if you have never bronzed before. I might buy some other bronzers (Nars) just for when I want some sparkle, but Hoola is and will continue to be my HG. Last note on application: I put this on just like I would a mineral mu. I dip a huge,fluffy brush in it, swirl around in the lid, tap and apply. Perfect!

on 3/10/2005 3:24:00 PM

Ok, i am very glad that i swapped for this, because i feel better about hating it if i didnt directly pay for it.. Although it came to me in great condition from a lovely MUAer, i dont care for the packaging.. the little box, while cute, is really irritating if you want to use it with anything besides their wierd brush. The rectangular brush is coarse and awkward shaped, and since the product is very highly pigmented, it makes it go on in stripes. When i used this with a regular brush, that i had to squish to fit in the box, i liked it better... the shade is too muddy for pale old me (nc 20) i think i'll be passing this along to a much tanner friend..

on 3/9/2005 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I could see that this would work on someone with darker skin, but on my LLL skin it looked muddy and orangey.

Popular Bronzers