Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/6/2011 3:40:00 AM

OK OK, after months of Youtube raves and temptation, I finally gave in and got Naked. About time, too.

First off, it's Urban Decay, which means that the shadows are going to be of excellent quality. Extremely pigmented, glorious, beautiful. The color choice, too, is terrific. You've got your yellow-brown-toned neutrals, but then you've got some GORGEOUS pinks (omg, so much <3 for Toasted) and even a purple.

I use this palette for work, then add some darker colors for nighttime. You can do almost everything with this palette except join the circus, I swear.

HOWEVER, Sidecar. WTF is with this color? It doesn't show up at all on me (maybe too close to the UDPP color?) and seems kind of...pointless. But that's only 1/12 colors, which isn't enough for me to knock off a star.

And the brush? Kind of "meh". Not great, but usable.

on 11/4/2011 11:22:00 PM

Absolutely fabulous shadows.. the colours are so versatile and easy to wear, the pigment pay off is incredible and they feel like silk on your eyelid. This palette is an absolute must have for anyone, even if you're a minimal makeup wearer. Worth every penny. LOVELOVELOVE

on 11/4/2011 11:21:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Like so many others, I love this palette. It's got SO many colors and they can be used so many ways--the combinations aren't quite endless, but it'll take a while to work through them all.

As far as price goes, this can't be beat. You get 12 different shadows that are nearly full size! Individual UD shadows retail for $17 USD each and weigh in at 1.5 grams. The shadows in the Naked Palette weigh in at 1.3 grams, so even if you only wind up liking 3 colors (and really, I dare you to resist these colors) you've gotten your money's worth between the shadows, the brush (retails for $26 USD), and the sample of primer potion! I'm a little bummed, because I have one of the earlier palettes that doesn't have the brush, but the dual ended 24/7 eyeliners.

Quality of the shadows is typical Urban Decay, so no real complaints there, but a few of them have some god awful fallout! That's the only reason I took a lippie away--having to do my eye makeup, go back and use scotch tape to clean up the fallout, then do my face makeup--wayy to much effort for me, usually!

Overall, a great buy and a must have if you enjoy using neutrals!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I LOVE this palatte. Urban Decay never cease to disappoint me. I would reccomend this palatte to everyone. Im a huge lover of golds and browns so when i saw this i HAD to have it. It has so many varieties and they blend so well. Everyone should own this palatte!!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

A must have for ANY make up lover! Possesses every neutral color that you need to create stunning looks. I've used this palette to create works for look as well as dramatic looks for evenings out. I have only had mine for a few months and already the letters have faded on the front and have used up the eyeliner. Lol. Infact it pretty much lived in my purse for the first 2 months of me owning it. All of the shadows are easy to work for and highly pigmented. However a few of the colors have glitter fall out so be sure to either put setting powder under your eyes to catch fall out...or do your base AFTER applying your shadow.

Other than that...Get yours! You won't regret it.

I can't believe i was so late finding this palette. I'm dark skinned and love every color in this palette. Great pigmentation. Naked doesn't seem to last as long on me, even with UDPP. Id repurchase

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

So I broke down and finally bought this palette during the Sephora FF sale this year. I almost didn't want to like it, I didn't think it was possible that this thing would live up to all the crazy hype.

But it does. It's really as amazing as everyone says it is.

One thing I was worried about is that there would be lots of eyeshadows with chunky glitter (UD is notorious for this) but there's only like 2 shadows that have any of the chunky stuff in them, and even then it's not too much.

on 11/2/2011 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this pallete when it first came out and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. This is my first UD product I've ever bought and I'm hooked. The colors are all gorgeous, pigmentation is insane and with or without the primer they do last for hours, the mini UDPP although I used it up ages ago and I did find a cheaper primer I also loved and I loved the packaging and I surprisingly still have the eyeliners it came with. I really felt like a little kid when i opened it up. The colors are similar yet unique. It is a very pricey product but if you divide it by the 12 shadows primer and the brush it now comes with the price really isn't that bad if you look at it that way. The only disappointing thing about it is after this came out many other brands came out with neutral palletes like this and I did find a dupe for it I don't know if it's still made but it's from forever 21 it's called natural pallete I believe, it has similar colors but the eyeshadows aren't as creamy as the UD ones. I marked it as a product I'd never buy again only because I love this pallete so much that I really only use it for special occasions,this is more as a collectors item for me then anything else. I do recommend it you can do so many different looks and it's great for traveling it has everything inside of it that you'd need.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love the naked palette. It has so many similar yet so different colours for everyday wear! theres a different colour every day and i really like the brush.

on 10/31/2011 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm Going to start off by saying I'm seventeen, so I had to tutor and babysit For a while before I could fit this into my budget and still have money for school, band, and just plain going out.

I expected a lot from this palette after all the hype, and in a way i got what i wanted, smooth, soft buttery colors in a range of neutrals with slight shimmer and glitter and just matte. I Love: Half Baked, Smog, (Day Smokey Eye)
Creep, And Gunmetal. (Night Smokey Eye)
HOWEVER. The packaging wasn't my favorite. I Marked the quality/ as a three. The gold letters can scratch off, and the velvety case can get dirty. This disappointed me.

THE BRUSH. was crap... I was sad that it was selling for $26 when it didn't pick anything up. The bristles are too thin. i wish it would've just come with the liners like before... :/

Popular Palettes

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804

Urban Decay Naked Palette Neutral Tutorial by ShyGirlBeauty

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Top Rated Urban Decay Products