Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 5/10/2008 5:08:00 PM

After reading the reviews here, I had the highest hopes when I went to by myself a new powder. After being without a powder for a while, I did adore it for a while just because it was powdery.
It doesn't come with a sponge or something, so I had to buy some cheap H&M brush to apply with. It is also a shame that it doesn't have any mirror in the package, but I guess you can't have everything.
In fact, SM doesn't really have anything. It's an ok powder for it's price, it keeps my t-zone matte for a couple of hours and that's about what it's supposed to do. But it seems to emphasize my dry patches, it doesn't cover very well and is somewhat cakey. I guess I will finish it but after that, I will go back to my (somewhat more expensive) Mineral Compact Powder from Isadora. Love!

on 5/5/2008 4:21:00 PM

A very good pressed power foundation- i'd recommend it to anyone. It worked well and took any shine of my face- particulary the T-zone. The only fault i'd highlight is that it really doesn't last very long, and requires frequent 'top-ups'.
I was frightend with dry patches that it would only make it worse- but it really didn't. A good finishing touch to any foundation.

on 5/4/2008 5:48:00 PM

I have this powder in Transparent and Sandstorm (for the summer). Both blend well into the skin and provide a silky matte finish. I am a fan of Rimmel cosmetics, but I'm a little bummed about a few things: First, the packaging, I would happily pay a buck or two more for an actual compact with a powder puff. Second, the powder is not very transfer-resistant and easily smudges onto clothing or anything else that touches your face while wearing it. Third, doesn't keep oil at bay for very long at all requiring frequent touch-ups. I doubt I'd buy this product again.

on 5/4/2008 1:01:00 PM

on 4/28/2008 12:49:00 AM

The biggest surprise for me has been how finely-milled and silky this d/s brand turned out to be. I purchased during my current budget crunch and was thrilled at the price, but I was expecting chalk. Instead I got a nice, even finish using a powder brush, setting my foundation without seeming to add anything visible. Admittedly I'm using a light hand and the shade, 001 Transparent, is a good match for my foundation (Almay Clear Complexion in Ivory 120), but when I use the Clinique Stay-Matte in Stay Buff that I keep in my desk drawer at work for touch-ups, the difference is obvious, and not at all what I expected; I prefer the Rimmel!

I'm not sure the ingredients are a healthy match; but so far, after three weeks, there's been no recurrence of the cysts I had before I switched to the Almay foundation last year. If this keeps up, I'll definitely repurchase.

Update 08/23/2008 No breakouts, happily, after my second purchase, but I strayed to a former favorite from my teen days, Coty Airspun, and noticed after one day back on the Stay Matte that it does NOT stay matte. The Airspun keeps me fresher looking longer (with downsides, alas, I'll review it too). I'm surprised, but there it was, oily shinies just after lunch. I didn't notice till I'd been away for a couple of weeks and came back to it. Not a huge deal since touchups aren't cakey, this stuff is truly, beautifully fine-milled. Leaving my original four lippies because it is virtually undetectable and is deliciously matte in texture. And the price is still looooovely.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Now I love Rimmel products but was very disappointed with this pressed powder.

Found that the powder doesn't pick up too well on my brush and find that I am applying over and over as it doesn't seem like any powder is going on my face to provide it with any coverage; so then I've probably put too much on, which gives me the dried out look where every little hair on my face becomes apparent.

I find it doesn't last more than half a day and then I am stuck retouching throughout the day.

on 3/27/2008 9:13:00 AM

I keep this compact in my desk drawer at work. During the day I can touch up with ease. I also keep a nice brush nearbuy to use instead of a compact puff. The brush gives me better translucent coverage. I was surprised that this works as well as it does. Sometimes you just don't have to pay alot of money for a good product.

on 3/20/2008 7:22:00 PM

at first i didn't like this powder, i just bought it on sale to save me until i bought something else, but i started using it, and not it's part of my everyday make-up. my only qualm is that it doesn't come with a brush, and the cover doesn't screw on super tight, but overall, great de-shinying powder!

on 3/13/2008 10:20:00 PM

This powder is very flaky...It looks extremely powdery.

It doesnt do much for settling my foundation either.

All and all, its cheap price....and cheap quality!

on 3/10/2008 4:54:00 PM

I have been using Physicians Formula Mineral Wear loose powder in translucent pale for a few years now. I went to pick some up last week but they were sold out at Walmart so I grabbed this powder in translucent on sale for five bucks instead. I didn't have high hopes at all but it turned out to be the best powder I have ever used. I know it's not as good for my skin as my old powder but the colour is absolutely translucent on my fair olive skin and soooo velvety on my skin.
My skin is super sensitive to powder (gets itchy and breaks out) but not with this stuff. Keeps my skin matte all day and doesn't interfere with my foundation colour. I love this cheapy powder and I am so thankful that walmart was sold out of my old standby!

Video Reviews & Tutorials