Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief

3.8

INGREDIENTS: water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, glycerin, birch bark extract, lady's thistle extract, green tea leaf extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, sucrose, aloe barbadensis leaf water, trehalose, hydroxyethyl urea, sorbitol, oleth-10, tromethamine, caffeine, hydrogenated lecithin, hydrolyzed extensin, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, palmitoyl olgiopeptide, caprylyl glycol, dimethicone, glyceryl polymethacrylate, peg-8, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolumer, magnesuim ascorbyl phosphate, carbomer, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red 4 (CI 14700), yellow 5 (CI 19140) [ILN33654].

on 3/4/2004 8:56:00 AM

This is what I wear after applying Clinique's DDML in the morning.
It makes makeup and tinted moisturiser go on that bit smoother.
It does refresh the face, I find that it is calming as a quick moisture mask.
It gets one lippy off because the best product for hydration is Guinot's Hydra Beaute mask. That works fab!

on 3/3/2004 11:39:00 PM

I like the light and non-greasiness of this product, but it's just not moisturizing enough. At least it smooths out my skin, so I use it before applying makeup. I sometimes add a drop of facial oil (L'occitain's Immortelle Elixir) for lasting moisturization.

on 2/26/2004 8:56:00 PM

Should I be admitting this? I'm a former Clinique consultant. Moisture Surge Extra, when first developed and brought to stores, was sold, but IS NOT, a moisturizer. It is simply a drink of water for dehydrated skin, is meant to be applied after another moisturizer prior to makeup application (to allow foundation to go on smoothly), and should not be recommended for drier skins because there is absolutely no moisturizing ability in it. Clinique sold sooo much of this at first distribution when the account executives and regional trainers realized consultants had mistaken it for a moisturizer - and why wouldn't they? "MOISTURE SURGE EXTRA" is quite the deceiving title. It's more like WATER surge extra. For oily skinned girls, it's perfect for patting down flaky areas. For drier skinned girls, if you like the feel of it, that's great - use it when you need rehydration, but don't use as a primary moisturizer. And another thing: Clinique is creating this in spray form, similar to the Evian mists. That should clear up the confusion.

on 2/26/2004 7:32:00 PM

Evil pink goo! My poor cheeks are still burning over 1/2 hour later after using a sample of this crap! It is over priced and frankly not that moisturizing. Ignore the hype. This stuff is not worth wasting your hard earned dollars on. (FYI I have combo skin with normal/dry cheeks)

on 2/21/2004 10:17:00 PM

After a really bad breakout using Shiseido, I was desperate to 'fix' my skin. This moisturizer was really soothing on my combination/sensitive skin. I've been using it for over a month, and have had NO breakouts. The only negative thing is that its not as moisturizing on the drier areas on my skin. It's great for the summer though.

on 2/17/2004 10:41:00 PM

A nice moisturizer for the summer months... but a tad too expensive IMHO for such a basic moisturizer wo/ any real antioxidants, etc. Really basic, light moisturizer for people who don't have dry skin. When I choose to wear foundation (which is very rare) I just mix equal part of foundation and this moisturizer to make a tinted mosturizer as well. Works great for this!

on 2/13/2004 3:51:00 PM

I got this as a GWP, and I didn't expect to like it as much as I do. I regularly moisturize with oil-free OoO, but with the cold weather, I need an extra layer of smooth moisture, and this product definitely delivers. I love the cream/gel texture, and it melts right into skin, but not before giving you time to pat on concealer or foundation while it still has a nice slip to it. What really amazes me is that I can dab it on top of splotchy concealer or foundation, and the lotion helps soften the application and allows me to pat the pigment into my skin more smoothly. I may buy the full-sized version of this, and though my jar is very small, it has lasted a long time with daily use. Unfortunately, I dropped it on the floor, and 3/4 of it spilled under my desk. It was all I could do to count to 10 and not flip out in frustration. :|

on 2/10/2004 11:27:00 PM

This is quite nice for night use, especially during winter. Keeps the skin moisturized throughout the night!

on 1/27/2004 6:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Waste of money. This stuff is supposed to be more moisturizing than Dramatically Different, but it just leaves me feeling sticky or dry...no in between. Can't wait to buy new stuff.

on 1/23/2004 2:09:00 AM

I have tried almost every moisturizer out there. I have a few favorites, but this is the one I will never be without. Please note: It probably burned because skin was either overstripped or irritated. It burned on me when I was healing from a rash. I love that it doesn't ball up like other gels and doesn't feel sticky at all. I must use this under my foundation every day.

Popular Moisturizers