Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm

3.0

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, sunflower seed oil, coconut oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor), honey, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil, benzyl benzoate, coumarin.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I received this in the Total Body kit which was on clearance at a local drug store for like $3.13. It was a great deal for the Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme and this lip balm alone, and contained 4 or 5 other trial size products. I usually buy the pommegranate BB lip balm but the kit had the honey one in it. I used it this a.m. before work. I have to stay that I am happily surprised at how long lasting this balm is. I put it on over two hours ago and it is still there, with drinking coffee and water. I put some sheer lipstick over it, too, but I can still feel the balm and smell its delicious scent. I like the scent! It's not overpowering but I can tell it is there. Probably won't buy again as I like the pomm. one, or there are so many others I like (Nivea), and I like to try new ones as they come out, too. I'm a bit of a lip product junkie. lol

I must add that the quality of Burt's Bees products is great, overall, and I will continue to buy many of their products and try new ones, especially when they are on sale or when they put out coupons--I love coupons!

on 9/5/2011 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

To those who think this poduct smells nothing like honey go open a pot of honey and take a big whiff. Honey doesnt smell like sugar and sweet lollipops rainbows and smiles. Honey to me actually smells like baby powder. faintly thought
anyway this product smells A LOT like baby powder. its moisturizing properties are sub par. it leaves a waxy film on my lips. i hated this lip balm. its nasty. its over priced for something so nasty. i'll stick with a REAL organic lip balm like eco lips hemp seed oil from now on thank you.

on 9/1/2011 2:59:00 AM

I really disliked the smell of this at first, for some reason it was very unappealing to me. I was on a trip and didn't have anything else, after awhile I found the smell OK but once i got home I switched it for my reg Burts and haven't picked it up since.

on 8/16/2011 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I like the Pomegranate version of this more, because this one is a little waxy. However, it is very moisturizing and I don't mind the smell (which others seem not to like). I use it before bed to wake up to moisturized lips.

on 8/8/2011 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Like many others have said, the smell of this is odd to say the least. And for me, the smell is the only thing that let's it down. It's a fantastic lip balm, feels great on and really moisturises but I can't see many liking the scent.

I didn't use this for a while and stuck to the original, but gave it another try and I've gotten slightly used to the scent. Saying that though, when I wear the honey one I often apply a gloss over the top, which usually diminshes the scent.

They really should reformulate this and make it actually smell like honey, instead of honey that's gone mouldy!

on 7/21/2011 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I bought this thinking it would be great because of the natural ingredients and such. As soon as I opened the cap, I was met with a really unappealing scent. It's really difficult to describe..like smelly honey mixed with smelly flowers. I tried it on and it applied very smoothly. It makes my lips feels soft. However, the scent felt like it was lingering around my face and into my mouth. I took it off because of this and gave it to my sister, who can tolerate the smell a bit more than I do. (Though she's not to fond of it either, but decided she would wear it only during sleep, so that others can't smell it on her.) I'll try a different lip balm next time..one with no "honey" scent.

This stuff smells soooo bad!! I can't stand it!! Sure, its moisturizing and makes my lips soft, but I don't want to put something that smells that bad on my face. I've heard good things about Burt's Bees products and I thought that if I got the honey one, it would smell sweet but BOYY was I wrong!!! Not worth the three bucks I paid for it..

on 6/28/2011 5:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I love the lipbalm, it is soooo moisturizing, and it keeps my lips very hydrated for a long time. It works very well under makeup, better than the original. It is very nice as a night-time treatment. But the smell! I can't stand it. It smells like honey, but a bit off... I will not repurchase, just because of the smell.

on 6/28/2011 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i love this, the smell isnt that bad . not as bad as carmex

on 6/17/2011 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Another product that I had such high hopes for but sadly it does what any normal lip balm would do. I was really hoping that it would be extra soothing and moisturizing because it has "beeswax." Don't get me wrong, it does help with chapped lips but I can't rely on this product when fall/winter/and maybe half of spring rolls around. A big con to this product is the scent. It truly is an acquired smell. Overall, I probably wouldn't buy it again just because it's not worth the price.

Popular Lip Treatments