Burt's Bees Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: Lip Shimmers (except Radiance): ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera wax, menthe piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil. +/-: mica, iron oxides, carmine, alumina, titanium dioxide ~~~Radiance Lip Shimmer: ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil, +/-: mica, titanium dioxide.

on 3/21/2011 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have this product in many shades. Theres watermelon which I love, rasin, and merot.The watermelon looks natural looking on my lips which is why I love that one the most. The rasin looks a bit more red and I wear this over a balm so it won't be as pigmented when it goes on. Merlot is just like the name, its really dark red. These balms are light and they do last a while color wise. They do contain peppermint oil which is drying on the lips, but I keep my lips well moisturized so using this won't damage my lips. However if u are looking for something to sooth ur chappy lips then this is not for u. Menthol is also drying fyi.

on 3/18/2011 5:57:00 PM

great lip shimmer not exactly a fan of the mint factor but not a deal breaker

on 2/25/2011 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I just got this and am already pleased with it. I got the shade Champagne because I just wanted a touch of shimmer and not a lot of colour. I had never heard anything about them before so when I put it on, I was surprised by the minty taste and coolness on my lips. I don't love that about it but it's not terrible and it doesn't last too long. These moisturize fantastically and I love the skinny tube. I would definitely buy this again!

on 2/22/2011 4:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Oh my. I love this product. I have something like eight different . . . flavors? Rhubarb is by far my favourite. It subtly pops out my lips without making me look like I just drank a gallon of transparent glue, like I know some super shiny lip glosses to do. Caramel is also good. It's the lightest shade (I think) and it just adds a lighter, slightly pinker shimmer. The minty-ness of it is also simply delightful. I have a friend who utterly hates mint, but she loves these. I worship this stuff. I would absolutely buy it again. And again. And again.

on 1/24/2011 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love love love !

I love the thinner tube,
the pepperminty freshness,
the moisture stays on my lips,
the smoothness of application..
and it doesnt feel like I have gunk piled onto my lips!

Favorite color I got was Rhubarb. A matte pinky red tone.

Also Watermelon is more of a pinky pink.. with a slight shimmer.
Wine is a matte wine burgundy color.

on 1/22/2011 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

**UPDATE Nov. 2011** Did the formula change? It doesn't have that same buttery texture, and it doesn't moisturize as well. ** This is my holy grail of MLBB lip balms. I am a PPP with dark eyes and dark hair, and I use Rhubarb or Fig. The formula is amazing - I've applied it on my lips when they were chapped and disgusting and within minutes, the moisturizers smooth things out dramatically. I also reapply during the day; it never gets cakey like other lip balms. Also, the color doesn't streak or look uneven. The minty taste is very pleasant and the tingle is very mild.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

These are okay. I felt that the shimmer combined with this chapstick made it a little chunky and there were not a lot of flattering colors. It is also not very moisturizing.

on 1/22/2011 3:05:00 AM

The colors are nice and the minty aroma is good. I'm fond of the natural ingredients, and the slim little tube is cute. The only real drawback is they don't last on the lips at all. Like GONE in 20 minutes. I'll probably repurchase, but the short wear time is knocking these down to 3 lippies for me.

on 1/21/2011 7:52:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have a love/hate relationship with Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers. I've tried quite a few and if you get the right color they can be great. My favorites are Peony which is a sheer pinky nude and Watermelon which is a natural color running a little more on the pinky mauve side. I also like Rhubarb which has similar coloring to Watermelon but a bit stronger. I've tried some other colors that I returned as they were just way too bright. I prefer a more natural MLBB coloring with all my lipsticks and especially with a tinted balm. I like the minty taste and feel. I also feel they have reasonable staying power especially for a balm. My favorite non-balm lipsticks are GA which are very natural looking and have a wonderful feel and also don't dry out the lips. As wonderful as the high end GA lipsticks are, these BB Lip Shimmers actually have better staying power. They definitely keep my lips moisturized.

Has a lovely taste and looks great on me. Nice

Recommended for Medium Skin