MAC Brush Cleanser

4.4

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), SD Alcohol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Isopropyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Triclosan, Red 33, Blue 1.

on 2/20/2011 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used to use the sephora brush cleanser. I felt like it left a residue on my brushes after I spot cleaned them, so, when I finished it, I bought the MAC brush cleanser instead. Since the packaging is so wasteful, I poured my mac brush cleanser into the Sephora container (which has a pump) and diluted it 50/50 with water. Even diluted I feel like it cleans my brushes thoroughly and doesn't leave any residue. I love it and use it every single time i do my makeup :)

on 2/16/2011 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love love love love this product. It gets out every single trace of makeup even the stubborn gel liner and dark shadows. The only down fall on this is that you can waste alot of product with this because it dosent have a pump. But what i did was bought a small travel sized spray bottle and put the brush cleaner in it. Overall this product is the best brush cleaner out there.

on 2/16/2011 9:52:00 PM

Love this stuff. I just pour some into a cup, swirl my brushes in it, then rinse them under hot water. It's even still effective if you mix it with water to make it go further!

on 2/16/2011 9:43:00 PM

A pretty good remover but it's kind of expensive for the amount of product you get for the money. But you do get to B2M the bottle when it's done. My main complaint was the lack of pump or spray nozzle to prevent waste. I always ended up decanting this into a small spray bottle.

Overall, it's alright. But I now tend to use better brush cleaners like Cinema Secrets or Parian Spirit.

all i can say is i wish it was a spray pump on it . other then that its a good cleanser.

on 2/9/2011 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a great product. I used to clean my brushes with whatever shampoo, or soap that I use, and for small brushes it works great. But my foundation brushes, (sigma F80 and a regular "flat" foundation brush from Lancome) never were 100% clean, there were always some resuide from foundation. Then I decided to purchase Mac's brush cleanser and I looove it!!! My brushes are perfectly clean now and I really like the fact that I don't have to wait too much until they are perfectly dry.
The only thing I don't like that the paciging doesn't come with a "spritzer" so I have to search something (a contanier) to not to waste any product.
I will still deep clean my brushes sometimes with shampoo, but I will stick with this cleanser for everyday use, I really like it!

on 2/5/2011 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Will never ever use another brush cleansing product. I actually dilute this with 50% water into a small spray bottle. It works very well diluted, so I have no reason to use it straight. This also helps it to last longer, but at $10 a bottle (which I've had for 6 months, and there are still 2/3 left) it is more than reasonable.

on 2/3/2011 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm a pretty big fan of this stuff. It's a really runny solution, with a consistency closer to water than shampoo. I usually fill the cap up with the cleaner, dip the wet brush in the lid, run the brush back and forth in my hand, and then rinse and air dry. I do wish it came with a spray head, because the thinness of the liquid makes it easy to pour out too much and waste product. A thicker formula would be easier to control with the cap it has, but this would work better as a spray. Overall, I like it.

on 2/2/2011 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have always used regular shampoo or high-quality French liquid hand soap with olive oil to wash my brushes. I bought this on a visit to the MAC counter after hearing so many raves. I had washed my brushes about 2 weeks ago, and use a daily brush cleaner on them after each use. I diluted this cleaner about 1:3 with hot water in a glass bowl and cleaned my brushes. I was shocked at how much pigment came out of the brushes! I had to change the water twice. Rinsed them, blotted on a towel and left brushes to air dry. I use E.L.F. Studio brushes, with a few MAC, Studio Basics, and Bare Escentuals. I'm extremely impressed with this cleaner. It deep-cleans brushes much better than regular shampoo or soap, dries quickly, and doesn't smell offensive. I will definitely repurchase and will not go back to any other product!

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I love this brush cleanser. Cleans well and disinfects, but I wish it wasn't as diluted. I wish it was more like a shampoo.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools