St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth-20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 7/10/2013 10:01:00 PM

I personally have not experienced any of the anti-acne claims of this product. It works well as an exfoliator though so I'm going to stick to using the regular version instead.

Removed two lippies because of harshness of product (very abrasive beads) and no effect on acne besides general exfoliation properties.

It will make your skin more sensitive over time so I recommend not using it more than 3 times a week unless you are very oily. 5 times a week should be max for the few unfortunates with over productive sebaceous glands.

on 7/6/2013 12:38:00 AM

This is amazing! Has been a HG product for years!! But one thing I have to warn everyone is DO NOT Use it with your clarisonic! The granules will get stuck and potentially break your device! Also not to scrub too hard since it's ground shells (it's possible to scratch your skin!) and make sure you purchase it in a tube! Much more hygienic :)

on 6/28/2013 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I used it before and it immediately cleared my acne. It also left my skin feeling soft and I got compliments on my complexion. I highly recommend.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hey-ooooo!! Love this scrub; i cannot picture my life (read: face) without it! It does the job without breaking the bank! The scrub is rough but not too rough; the scent is pleasant; the slight salicylic acid is fab! I love this face (and body!) scrub sooo much. Try it & you will fall in love with your smooth, fresh face!

on 6/22/2013 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Duration- I have been using this scrub off and on for about 5 years. (My mom has used the fresh face one for a decade)

Price- $5 = no problem (Tip: Walmart brand "Equate Beauty" has the generic product for half the price. Trust me, it's exactly the same.)

Packaging- Absolutely no complaints

Smell- Just like apricots. Nice and fresh.

Formula- Definitely for exfoliating with the grittiness, but not too rough.

Intended Purpose- Once daily use to rid the face of dead skin and clogged pores.

Results- Fresh, soft feeling face with noticeably clean pores.

Other- It's oil and paraben free, which is a plus.

Conclusion- I can see myself repurchasing this forever. There's just nothing that comes close to it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best scrub for the money! Love it!

on 6/14/2013 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

The beads are very irregular, it feels harsh scrubbing it on my face, i feel like i'm just tearing my pores with the irregular edges of the natural apricot beads... but it does clean my skin very well without any harsh chemicals. it doesn't take away all the oil from my face, but it leaves my face feeling clean!

on 6/9/2013 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

First of all, many people complain that this scrub is too harsh and can cause damage to your skin. The trick is to VERY GENTLY scrub your face with this in circular motions.
It's not a great scrub. I've used better ones but it's reasonable for its low price. It has a very strong smell which I don't really like and after about two weeks of use the lid broke off. I have severe acne, acne scarring and very oily skin but I'm currently taking doxycyline. I use this in the shower every second night (very gently) and when I apply makeup the next morning my skin is very smooth and supple. I do like that is has some acne controlling ingredients but I would probably recommend this to someone with very mild acne and oily skin. If you have sensitive or dry skin, do not use this product. Go for something with small, evenly sized beads or even an AHA or DHA mask.

on 6/8/2013 5:07:00 PM

Awesome product! I've already repurchased this many times over. I have an oily T zone and do break out at times along my jaw line and especially my chin and this product helps to deep clean my face from any oil, sweat, and makeup and makes my skin feel "aaaahhhhh".

on 6/5/2013 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The best product I've ever bought! I used to have acne all over my cheeks and chin and after I started using this I saw how my skin changed completely, I'm in love with this product and I get excited every time I get to use it ( cause you can't use it everyday) it's already in my holy grail list and I will definitely buy this again!

Popular Scrubs