Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

3.8

INGREDIENTS: Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Bis-Peg-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Glycerin, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Caffeine, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria), Polysilicone-11, Silica, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Oleth-10, Laureth-23, Laureth-4, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp Copolymer, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium-Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Red 4, Yellow 6

on 6/1/2014 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a good basic moisturizer for me, I'm not even 20 yet but my skins been throw absolute HELL from severe cystic acne and over production of oil. After taking acutain and finding the a good skin care routine my skin is much better, dare I say I good skin?! Anyways this is nice smooth non irritating moisturizer has a slight menthol smell witch I like. Its nice to know I can always come back to this, love the pump bottle deign and how fast it absorbs and sinks into my face but never feels heavy or sticky. Just all day lightweight hydration.

Pros
Silky smooth texture
Absorbs FAST
Smells good, "menthol/minty"
Love the packaging pumps are hygienic
Has never irritated my face
Good for daily use
Lasts quite a while maybe 6 months!

Cons
Price is okay I mean its Clinique so what do you expect?!
Isn't anything special, its not a WOW product

I absolutely LOVE this product because i have combination skin and it feels so refreshing and light! I do get a bit irritated when i first put it on because it feels a bit oily, but the sensation wears off pretty soon and im left with beautiful skim

on 5/29/2014 2:44:00 AM

I mean its okay i guess,no harm done,its quite expensive compared to the amount of help done,it moisturizes a bit and has a powdery grainy feel afterwards but just a bit,i reccomend this for slightly oily to normal skin,dry skin try something else

I've already repurchased this thrice and I absolutely love it! I have combination skin and this product is juat perfect for my skin! It's a moisturizer that is hydrating, easily absorbs, and doesn't feel greasy and heavy.

on 5/5/2014 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very mixed feelings about this gel. I have combo skin, leaning more on the oily side. When I first used this, it absorbed very fast and is also light, which I like. But, five minutes later I saw dry patches on my nose and around my mouth. Maybe I'm not using enough? The morning after my chin was very sore for odd reason and looked like a breakout was about to come. But, I will continue using it for a while longer to see any changes in my skin.

on 4/28/2014 6:30:00 AM

Product caused acne breakouts ...I went to my derm who advised me to avoi Clinique products like the plague. ...she actually advised me to use some Estee Lauder items as they are more suited fir sensitive acne prone skin.

on 4/20/2014 6:24:00 AM

This is not a good product. I have used maybe half of the bottle now just to see if my skin eventually improves, but for no reason. I have combination skin, and this totally makes my skin drier and does not improve pores, blackheads or acne. I am breaking out more than ever.
The only positive thing is the good pump bottle (hygienic aswell) and the scent. The absorbation also is good and fast.

on 4/17/2014 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This really is dramatically different as it is the first time I use a moisturiser that doesn't moisturise yet leaves a sticky film behind. If that's not dramatically different, I don't know what is! :p

Apparently, this is a moisturiser you use before your moisturiser. I am not even going to write what I think about that- I might hurt someone's feelings.

For the life of me, I do not understand why Clinique is always going on about the 3 step but when you come to actually try it you realise it is going to be much more than 3 steps. Make up remover, facial soap, clarifying lotion, DDML/G, moisturiser, eye cream. That's 6 steps.

After a few days of using I found I was spending ages in the bathroom getting ready for the day or to bed at night for no good reason. Using this gel and then a moisturiser or just a moisturiser was exactly the same. This has got to be the most useless moisturiser I have ever come across. Moreover, it is not really a gel but more like a really thin lotion. One lippie because it is oil free and so keep 'oilies' at bay nicely. When I was using trialling the 3 step I broke out in places I never do. I like the packaging though, looks nice and sleek. Maybe it works for people with really oily skin that only need a tiny bit of moisture but not for my combination skin.

I find quite bizarre that Clinique sales assistants wear lab coats. I believe you shouldn't wear a lab coat unless your a scientist or a doctor. Or a science student like me. :) It just looks really bizarre as they are clearly neither in a lab or in a medical facility... :/ Also they call themselves 'clinical consultant' and have those words printed on their ID badges. That is just ridiculous. They are sales assistants who don't even understand much about skincare so why does Clinique want them to look like doctors/scientists?

Summary: obsolete, plain, smells funny, leaves tacky feeling, does not have a convincing purpose (meant to be used with another moisturiser), does not moisturise enough on its own, possibly the cause of my breakouts though the other two steps could be to blame for, did not irritate my skin and did not make my skin oily. Did nothing for my skin. Clinique sales assistants lack of knowledge is quite appalling and the fact that wear lab coats is... dare I say funny?

on 4/15/2014 4:22:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Rarely I give 5 out of 5 in everything but man I gotta say I never expected this to be so good.

Texture: light, yellow colored gel/fluid, spreads on easily, non-sticky.

Smell: non-really, maybe a bit of freshness but nothing thats bothering for those who don't like smells.

Packaging: Really simple, sturdy, thick plastic bottle. Lets you see how much product you have left. Has a pump which is always a plus and it delivers the exact amount you need for all your face.

Overall:
Great to use prior makeup. Has a thin feel to it which makes it easily to absorb, meaning you don't have to wait for it to sink in. Makes the face a perfect, smooth canvas prep for makeup right after application. Face feels smooth, refreshed, soft and has very light velvety feel almost like a primer/moisturizer in one. Really moisturizes and leaves my skin balanced and soft. Ohh and it also controls oil (T-Zone) while keeping my cheeks (dry and dull) on point and very smooth looking and feeling!

on 4/4/2014 5:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Over the last 3 years I have been through two 1.7 oz. tubes and one large 4.2 oz. bottle of DDMG, and I do like it, it does work very well for my skin in terms of moisturizing and not causing breakouts on my oily/combination skin, but- and this is a big one- it's not great enough for me to purchase anymore. It's a good, very basic, moisturizer for oily skin, but that's it. The lack of scent was a plus, and I love the gel-cream texture, but at nearly 30 years old I feel like my skin should have more on it's side than just a simple gel. It's time to branch out, but I give my gratitude and thanks all the same. Would not repurchase unless I was absolutely desperate and had no other options.

Popular Moisturizers