Clinique Super City Block SPF 25

3.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: titanium dioxide 7.30%, zinc oxide 6.90% INGREDIENTS: water, trioctyldodecyl citrate, butylene glycol, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, steareth-2, aluminum stearate, silica, lecithin, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rose-mary) leaf extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) root extract, betu-la alba (birch) bark extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, laminaria saccharina extrac, saccharomyces lysate extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, sodium hyaluronate, sorbitan tristearate, linoleic acid, polyquaternium-51, caprylyl methicone, sorbitol, sodium rna, phospholipids, peg-40 stearate, magnesium aluminum silicate, caprylyl glycol, tocopheryl acetate, phytantriol, stearic acid, hydrogenated lecithin, cellulose, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, stearyl dimethicone, ascorbyl tocopheryl maleate, nordihydroguaiaretic acid, linolenic acid, pantethine, bisabolol, hydroxyethyl urea, ceteth-2, peg/ppg-18/8 dimethicone, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, steareth-20, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, propylene glycol dicaprate, sodium stearate, nylon-12, citric acid, nylon-6, hexylene glycol, xanthan gum, disodium edta, bht, phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499)

on 2/14/2006 3:17:00 PM

This one pulled quite a number on my poor sensitive skin. After two days of wearing this, my pores got really clogged, and I had tons of little bumps all over my face. I'm a little disappointed because I liked the consistency and feel of this sunblock. My skin has been very dry recently and this actually felt like it blocked in some moisture... unfortunately that's not the only thing that it blocked in. Oh well, I've always had problems with Clinique skincare and foundation.

This sunblock did nothing but gave me oil on my face, I have combination skin already and this product wasnt helping at all, despite it states its oil free.Has high level of UVA/UVB protection, but the oiliness was letting the product down.

on 2/10/2006 4:11:00 PM

Most sun blocks I tried before left me an oil face in summer until I found this one. Love it! I use it daily to protect me from ultraviolet radiation and pollutions. I think the price nice since it usually takes me over a year to finish one tube.

on 1/24/2006 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I'm surprised that I didn't write a review for this sun block! I swapped the Superdefence for this City Block coz I had reactions to the former one. Super city block is a nice, slightly moisturizing sun block with physical sunscreen and a hint of beige color. It leaves a slightly dewy finish but dries to a matte finish after an hour or two (that's in my case). I don't need to wear foundation after putting on this sun block coz it kinda evens out my skin tone. However, I won't recommend this to anyone with really oily skin or acne-prone skin since it may be a bit heavy for those skin types.

Update in 2014: Not sure if the tint has been changed, the color is now with a slightly yellow undertone, which is the only drawback. I prefer something with a pinkish undertone...

on 1/20/2006 12:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this as an under-eye sunscreen. Using it this way, it lasts FOREVER. Gives a slightly lighter tint, which is good for dark circles. Good texture, good everything. Love it.

on 1/18/2006 3:20:00 PM

This is my holy grail. The ONLY facial sunblock that does not break me out. I mix it with my foundation to apply and it is wonderful. Nice texture, goes on smooth, not greasy at all. A bit expensive, but I barely dented my tube from 3/4 of a year of use.

on 1/7/2006 4:55:00 PM

This is one of my holy grails. I use it as a regular face moisturiser in summer when my skin doesn't need much moisturising. It sinks right in and doesn't leave my face looking greasy at all. I also haven't had any bad reaction to it but my face is usually quite happy with whatever I put on it anyway. In colder weather I use L'Occitane Olive face cream SPF 15 but lately my face has been oilier than before (my skin used to be normal to dry but now is more like normal/combo) so I might switch to using City Block as a regular daily facial moisturiser all year round when I run out of the L'occitane cream.

on 12/16/2005 8:16:00 AM

I actually liked the texture, it didn't feel greasy at all and it did sink in quickly. Unfortunately, after a couple of uses I developed a reaction. The skin on my chin became very dry and scaly. I am not brave enough to try it again.

on 11/27/2005 2:37:00 PM

An ok product...this TM goes on quite thick, and I found that it settled in my pores. My face also got very oily throughout the day with this product...might be better as a fall/winter product. But in general, will not buy again.

on 11/14/2005 10:19:00 PM

Clinique supercity sunblock is good for mi...It has spf25 and it's oil free...Looks matt too...I dun suffer any breakout using this...