MAC Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

3.8

(Original formulation - September 2011): ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Octinoxate 3.40%, Titanium Dioxide 1.00% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Butylene Glycol, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lecithin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Algae Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Dipropylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Laureth-7, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Peg-10 Crosspolymer, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone Silylate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Chloroxylenol, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, [ /- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288)]

on 1/8/2014 5:15:00 PM

I have dry and spot prone skin which is an odd combination but hey ho, I am also very fair and even the foundations in nc15 are a little too dark for me , however this foundation in the colour 1.0 is the perfect match for me, I love the finish of this foundation and I don't find it cakey at all as I find other mac foundations. It's about medium to full coverage and build able . It covers the redness in my skin but not all of my blemishes so I use the studio fix concealer over my blemishes and set it all with the studio fix powder .

on 1/7/2014 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite liquid foundation. I personally prefer to just wear powder to make things simple but now that i've found this i've made a complete turn around.
It gives me the perfect amount of coverage and is EXACTLY the right shade for my skin. It feels light on my face and I could leave the house feeling confident just wearing the foundation by itself. It stays put from morning to evening, that's when it starts to get a little weak...but it's a fabulous everyday foundation with build able coverage. Will be repurchasing.

on 1/7/2014 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This thing is cakey , it's over priced and it disappeared on my face after 6 hours ! And I was wearing a primer smh!

on 12/31/2013 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

So I just went to Mac and got a sample of this foundation and started applying it this morning. what I noticed was it was hard to blend it on your face the consistency wasn't as liquidy as i had pictured it to be. Once getting it on it was definitely full coverage and it did cover well however it kind of gathered on my acne scars. I notice the color is already sort of a jersey shore orange tan color. It makes me look tanner which is a plus but something about the darker orange tint makes me look shiny. I'm not super in love with the color but I would say its a great foundation for summer time and great for people who are really tan and are trying to get their face to look as tan as their body overall it's pretty good haven't worn it long enough to see if it breaks me out I will update it once I wear it another day!

on 12/30/2013 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I bought 2 the first one I bought was a 10 and was to dark for me (which was a surprise because. I am really dark). So I got a 9.5 and it was to LIGHT so I just started mixing the 2 foundations to get the color that I wanted. My only issue is that due to my complexion I do not really have any scaring on my face that shows. and I also never break out so I didn't need the full coverage YES I SAID IT FULL COVERAGE foundation!! I never like wearing a lot of makeup and this foundation makes it look like in caking my face on especially when it's hit out so me...I don't think I will purchase again just because of the coverage but other than that it was a great foundation.

on 12/30/2013 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Looove this foundation ! I never went back to my other ones since I have had this !

on 12/27/2013 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This is my first liquid foundation ever. I am more on the oily side (combination oily if that) and I also tend to break out if I have a bad reaction to a product. I was using mac studio fix powder plus foundation for FIVE years! Yes you read that right - 5 years. In the first 3 years, i loved it. However the last 2 it was beggining to not match my skin, control my oily tzone or give me the finish I was looking for. I asked my friend what foundation she used and she said mac matchmaster. I asked if it was powder and when she said liquid I was instantly turned off. However, she has oily skin and it seemed to be working for her. I went to the counter and got a sample which lasted me about 2 full times and I was able to use test to see how I felt about this product. Basically in my best Rihanna voice ..WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE ?!? Seriously. Best foundation I've used. It's been about 2 1/2 weeks, no breakouts. Coverage is light-medium but definetly buildable. Oil free, water is the first ingredient. If you use the powder plus foundation with no problems, I assume this would be even better considering talc is the first ingredient in the powder. Now onto how I use this foundation - first I cleanse and moisturize with cetaphil. Then use milk of magnesia on my tzone (love this as well) take one full pump of foundation and use a flat top kabuki brush and first stipple it into my skin one area at a time after completing the rest of my makeup (concelear, blush) I use mac blot pressed powder in deep dark on my tzone. Lasted me about 5-6 hours without having to blot (that's how long I usually wear makeup for). Looks extremely natural, doesn't feel like anything is on my skin and it blends beautifully. ( I apologize for any spelling errors I'm on my phone )

on 12/22/2013 11:39:00 PM

I was so excited to try this foundation, but I was honestly disappointed with it.
I purchased it from a MAC counter and the SA matched me as the shade 2.0 - however once I tried the foundation myself, it was too dark. I am normally an NC20 and technically the 2.0 should match, but it's definitely too dark!

So I only use this shade for when I fake tan.
Anyways, the product isn't all bad.

Pros:
I love the amount of coverage - light to medium
The packaging is great and it has a pump
It doesn't make me shiny (I get an oily T Zone quite easily)

Cons:
It smells like chemicals
It dries VERY quickly
I didn't find that it altered colour what so ever, as it's name suggests.
It clings to dry patches. I have combo skin and occasionally get dry patches on my cheeks, I definitely do not recommend this for people with dry skin.

I think the main reason I am so disappointed is because I paid almost 60 dollars for this foundation expecting it to be amazing. It is still great for when I fake tan and my skin isn't dry.

on 12/7/2013 4:42:00 PM

This was my first ever foundation and I was excited and it was really a let down. I was so excited to cover all my blemishes and have perfect skin and it actually made it worse and I end up wearing just a conceal and powder and makes you look very pale and ghost like. It also looks very obvious on your skin and I find that I have to layer it on a lot to cover all my imperfections

This foundation is perfect if you don't have blemishes or dry spots (and i do) because it sticks to it and looks cakey, also if you have dry skin I wouldn't recommend this.

When I went to MAC and asked for a foundation I think they gave me this one without asking me which one I wanted and I guess that's smart because it was their newest one.

Plus side is that this comes with a pump and it has spf to protect your skin

If you have normal skin this would be good but I guess there are better MAC foundations you could buy for the money

Hope this helped xx

on 11/27/2013 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily skin and this foundation did nothing for me. It looks flawless in photos but cakey in real life. It appears to b very ashy on my skin. I dont like it. Waste of money and time