Lancome Hypnose Drama

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Steareth-20, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Phenoxyethanol . May Contain/Peut Contenir : CI 77266/Black 2, CI 77499/Iron Oxides.

on 5/30/2013 6:48:00 PM

Okay. I'm a mascara JUNKIE. I have very long and thick lashes, so to me, mascara is THE product that I tend to care about the most. I've used everything from Chanel to DiorShow to Maybelline and Cover Girl. I'm usually a Maybelline fan but I thought I'd splurge a little and get something nice. I've always known that Lancome had some good mascaras, never tried them though. I told the Lancome lady that I wanted something to rival DiorShow, with big bristles and lots of volume and length. Best of both worlds, basically.

When I looked at the bristles my first thought was intrigue. I'd never seen this curvature in a mascara wand so I thought this could be something big! I love the S shape of the wand. I feel like it grabs more lashes than just being straight.

Now I'm also a believer in that sometimes fresh mascaras have that "goopy, clumpy" initial stage, but once you use some product, it goes away. This is the case with Hypnose Drama. It has happened to almost every mascara I've used. Once I use it for a week or so, the mascara goes on beautifully. What I love about Hypnose Drama is that if the wand does deposit more mascara on your lashes, the bristles "catch" that excess if you wiggle the wand back and forth on your lashes. It doesn't make the lashes super spiky or clumpy without any turning back. I love how soft my lashes feel. And I have NO clue what people are talking about when they say it flakes...I can use a lash comb and it still doesn't flake that much (if at all!). It's definitely a buildable mascara and overall a good product! I'm a fan! Just give this stuff a week or so before you make your final judgement.

on 5/28/2013 10:51:00 PM

I was given this as a gift and I'm glad I didn't pay for it.
I was hurriedly using up my previous mascara as I was looking forward to trying this one...but I am extremely disapointed.
The brush is cumbersome to use, as it is an S shape rather than a C shape of traditional curling wands, the formula is clumpy, flaky and has a strong smell which sometimes irritates my eyes.
Additionally, due to the wand shape again, the wand pics up far too much product as itacts almost like a scoop.
I've tried the formula with a disposable wand also to give it a fair review...but still I am unimpressed.
There are far better curling mascaras, far better volumising mascara's and far better lenghthening...so with that in mind, I would give this a wide berth.
My favourite mascara I've tried so far (in 15 years of wearing it) is Max Factor False Lash Effect...It's also one Lisa Eldridge often uses...if you live in a country where Max Factor is available...I highly recommend it.

on 5/24/2013 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I received a sample of this and I love it. I don't care for it by itself, but I'm like that with all mascara. However, I love to layer it over my L'Oreal Extreme Collagen Mascara and I'm always asked if I have on lashes. When I double up this or Falsies Mascara on top. Give it a try and be really nice at the makeup counter and see if you can score a free sample like I did. If you have sensisitive eyes, I find Lancome to be best. I've tried the Lash Primer, Definicils, Hypnose, and Oscillation Mascara's all worked great for me. It's just the price I don't like.

on 5/19/2013 10:01:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Horrible mascara. Clumps like crazy, like I can't even begin to try to get all the clumps out after application - one half of my eyelashes get all stuck together.. I've never had this happen with any mascara I've tried! I bought this as a change from Definicils. Big mistake. I need curled brushes due to the shape of my eyes, as it's hard for me to coat all my lashes with straight brushes. But this formula is the worst! I can see if you have very few lashes or short lashes, it would help to make them look fuller, but then why not use DiorShow if that's the case? DiorShow is way better than this Hypnose and it doesn't clump and makes your lashes look amazing. I have a lot of lashes, and they're long, so I don't need lengthening and I don't need thickening, I need separation and an even coat. I will admit that this formula is probably not designed for my set of lashes, however I can use DiorShow nicely and that's designed for drama. I'll go back to Definicils. I'm sorry I ever bought this tube. If you have full lashes, please don't make the same mistake I did. The brush doesn't define, it's a clump manufacturer.

on 5/8/2013 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I luv this mascara!!! The best I have ever ever used...makes me look like I have false lashes on!! :D

on 4/27/2013 6:37:00 PM

I have stubborn straight Asian eye lashes and I am constantly on the search for the perfect mascara. This one works very nice. It is one of the best mascaras I have tried when it comes to giving volume. I do not use it every day, but on special occasions and festivities.

I like to apply one coat of Hypnôse for the length and separation. Then I apply Hypnôse Drama for the volume. It has a gel-like consistency compared to Hypnôse, and for me it does require an eye lash comb in order to avoid clumps. So it does not get the full amount of five lippies from me.

on 4/23/2013 2:58:00 AM

Love this mascara!!!!!! Have tried chanel, yves saint laurent, estee lauder etc... and Lancome Hypnose Drama wins! :)

Love this mascara, especially in the waterproof version. It makes my thin lashes longer, thicker, and the formula keeps the curl in my eyelashes (which I desperately need!) My favorite mascara to date!

on 4/17/2013 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I like the brush in this mascara and first week effect. If older than that - then clumps, clumps(( gave it 2 tries but same. I guess it gets thick quite soon (used and stored properly same as other mascaras).

on 4/15/2013 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I am 23 years old and I've used Lancome mascara since I was probably 14 (my mom used to buy me them when she bought her own). I always though it was the best mascara out there, especially since I have short, straight lashes. My mother has long and thick eyelashes, so it works really well on her. I bought the Drama as a replacement for my regular Hypnose, and I was disappointed by how long it takes to dry, and it ends up smudging in the corners of my eyes and it flakes a lot through the day. I used it for 2 months before I just said ENOUGH...I switched recently to Chanel, and I wish I had done it years ago. Their mascara's are phenomenal. You don't need to get the waterproof because it stays put and lengthens and volumizes extremely well, and it never flakes or smudges. I bought the Chanel Inimitable Intense mascara to replace this one, because this one did not work for me. Lancome really needs to step up their game, the mascara's they've come out with recently suck!

Popular Mascaras