Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve

4.4

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric/Stearic Tiglyceride, Butylene Glycol,Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Hydrogenated Stearyl Olive Esters, Butyrospermum Parkii/Shea Butter, Ceteary Alcohol, PEG-75 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, BIS-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Sesamum Indicum/Sesame Seed Oil, Squalane, Dimethicone, Ceteth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima/Avacado Oil, Steareth-20, Ceteareth-20, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tocopheryl Acetate, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Eucalyptus Globulus/Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Allantoin, Disodium EDTA, Aloe Barbadensis/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice 685230/5 Code F.LL.: D8409/1 Made In U.S.A. 1/26/12

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love Ultimate Strength Hand Salve! If you want to feel refreshed throughout the day just give your mitts a good scrub or through cleansing and then add this hand creme as the final part of your routine, it will make you feel like a million bucks. It is not greasy, and absorbs pretty quick. I would prefer it without the fragrance though, but I didn't take a lippie off since it doesn't necessarily stink.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Ok the packaging is boring, the scent medicinal and its rather expensive (so one lippy off for that) - but this saved my hands! Lovely thick comforting, soothing texture on my dry, sore outdoorsy winter hands. LOVE this handcream!!!

on 2/24/2007 5:57:00 PM

It is simply great at doing its job. The packaging may not be the prettiest thing I've ever seen, but I almost don't give a damn. The smell is not too girly and not too manly. I detect hints of citrus and nuts. The only reason I wouldn't buy this again is because it's too expensive and I don't have to (I mooch it off my mom and sis).

on 2/10/2007 3:51:00 PM

I first purchased the Ultimate Strength Hand Salve a year ago... it seemed to moisturize my hands well at first. I started reusing it again because of the colder weather. After the initial application, my hands and cuticles feel even drier after 10-15 minutes. I don't know why it's not working as well this time. Now I'm thinking maybe the cream is old or expired... hmmmm?? In any case, I am switching hand creams.

on 1/29/2007 3:52:00 PM

This stuff has revolutionized the winter months for me. I usually have horribly cracked hands by the time December comes around and nothing has ever worked in the long run. This stuff actually does! It isn't too thick, which for me was deceiving at first because I'm used to thinking that if something works it has to be thick and gooey. And I actually don't mind the smell at all because it doesn't stink like a lot of floral lotions. It is sort of medicinal, yes, but I prefer it. I put this stuff on twice a day, it sinks in quickly and it lasts longer than any other hand lotion I've EVER tried.

on 12/12/2006 8:31:00 PM

I got this as a gift. It's $18.50 for a 5oz tube. It's thick and a bit hard to work onto your hands. It's great for super dry and cracked hands. I would still prefer the L'occitane 1oz tube at $8 even though it costs more than the Kiehl's in the long run.

on 10/7/2006 10:20:00 PM

If only this didn't cost as much I would buy it more but my God is this a great hand cream. Non-greasy, sinks in fast and bottom line, it works.

on 9/29/2006 12:42:00 PM

This is a very good hand cream. The smell put me off a little at first but luckly it goes completely away within seconds. It leaves my hands so soft and moisturized. I like that it is in a tube and comes in two sizes. I will repurchase this. UPDATE: This hand cream started to irritate my hands and was not moisturizing enough as soon as the weather started to get cool. I returned it to Nordstroms. I will not repurchase.

on 8/16/2006 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is the BEST hand lotion I have ever tried. I can go to bed with dry cracked skin on my hands and wake up with softer hands that don't hurt anymore. It also has a nice invigorating scent. There are many more expensive hand creams that don't hold a candle to this, nothing does.

on 5/31/2006 3:34:00 PM

I first got this in the Neiman Marcus sample bag, and I loved it. The smell isn't great, but it wears off and even my male friends like it.