Maybelline Color Tattoo - Barely Branded

4.2

on 1/23/2013 1:02:00 PM

I like the pot, love the colors, most are too bright for my tastes (I'm a paralegal in a kind of stuffy law firm). This one I use on my upper eyelid up to my brow. I pair it w/ Bad to the Bronze on my lower lid and Inked in Pink on my middle eyelid = subtle, pretty color w/out looking like I'm heading out to a nightclub. When I use as a base for my powder shadows = much longer staying powder is afforded to my powder shadows. Alone and w/out setting w/ UD All Nighter, this stuff lasts approx 6 hours in full color and then starts to fade, but still looks OK. When set w/ UD (which I do almost every day - my whole face, not just my eyes) = on from 6 am until about 8 pm, then starts to fade, but still visible when I remove my MU around 10:30 pm.

I am not talented when it comes to applying eyeshadow (and I've only recently started wearing e/s), but even I can make this look good = I'm a happy girl!

on 1/20/2013 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Barely branded is a pale shiny gold eye shadow.It brings some luminosity to the eyes! I use this color,at the beginning of my eyes,on my lids,under my eye brows. It stays on pretty long! For a soft,tender look! Love it!

on 1/17/2013 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I've been wearing this every day since I bought it two weeks ago. It is a subtle but highly pigmented basic yet shimmery eyeshadow. Does that make any sense?! I always use TF Shadow Insurance underneath. Then I apply this with my finger. That's usually around 5:00 a.m. I then put Covergirl's single shadow in Taupe in the crease. By the end of the day, my shadows are mostly in place. If I wait til after 10:00 p.m. to take off my makeup, I can see signs of creasing coming on. Powder shadows never crease on me with TF Shadow Insurance. So, that is the only negative about this shadow. I'd still recommend these to anyone. This makes an awesome inner eye highlighter that lasts all day.

on 1/17/2013 3:55:00 PM

Super pretty, but very subtle color as with the Inked in Pink, both are light but hi-impact colors. Is kinda a frosty light beige and looks almost like the Too Cool if you layer a lot. Is a very versatile product that lends different effects to your eyes, depending on how much color you use. I absolutely love this one and will gladly repurchase. Great color!!

on 1/16/2013 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Since I missed out on the other color similar to this in the fall (I think it was called Barely Beige?) I went into bloodhound mode for this one. The second I heard about it I jumped into my car and hit the drug store. I checked multiple places and finally found it at Walmart in a giant display with just ONE of these left. I grabbed it greedily. It was $5 and something cents, very cheap for something so good.
This doesn't crease on me and it's a gorgeous color.Very neutral and very nice to just pat on the lid, put on some mascara and run to class or work or whatever if you're in a hurry. I have about six of these color tattoos just because I'm CONSTANTLY oversleeping and these are extremely easy to use without much effort or time.
This is probably my favorite one tied with Bad to the Bronze for that particular reason. I'm pretty sure they're making Barely Branded part of the permanent line, but I couldn't risk it considering how much I use colors like this on my lids. This is very similar to Stila Kitten smudge pot, which I also have. So, if you're on a budget and you want something at least similar to that then I'd go with this. Plus, the Stila smudge pots crease on me and the color tattoos do not! I also got the color tattoo Inked in Pink from this collection, and I'm really excited to use it for like Valentine's Day or something!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm glad maybelline came out with a neutral color. "Barely branded" is a pretty light beige/pinky shimmery color. I like to put this on my lid for a sheer wash of something when I'm feeling lazy. Also like to use it on my inner eyes and under my brows. This color really helps brighten up my eyes. Def would repurchase!

This is not only an cream eyeshadow and eyeshadow base in my opinion, but a cream highlight that can be used on the face (cheekbones, down nose).
Barely Branded is a light beige (no pink undertone) shimmer finish. Its opacity is medium. Its very creamy and lightweight. I personally do not use this on my eyelid since I find it too light and shimmery. I like to use it on my browbone, and cheekbones (blended well to give a sheen finish). I think Barely Branded will work with many skin tones because of its many different uses other than just an eyeshadow.
Like all other maybelline color tattoos, makeup remover is recommended because they do stick so well (even in swatches) as well a eyeshadow primer, because they do not have primer in them and can possibly crease without one( it just depends on your skin type).
So if you think you cannot use this as an eyeshadow, give it a second thought as a drugstore cream highlight:)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Barely Branded is just plain gorgeous! I like to wear it on my lid and then smoke out my eyes with one of my Naked or other neutral palettes. Add some black liner and my eyes look so glamorous! I seriously can't believe the Color Tattoos are a $6 drugstore product. I own nearly all of them and have yet to be disappointed. The high end dept store brands better watch their backs!

**I know a lot of people may be purchasing this as a back up or replacement of Barely Beige but they are not really dupes of each other. Barely Branded leans on the champagne/yellow side whereas Barely Beige is definitely more pink toned. They are both beautiful shades though and worth owning!

on 1/11/2013 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I missed out on Barely Beige so I was really glad to see that Maybelline released another neutral shade. It is creamy, frosty, and dries fast. I use these as eyeshadow bases so I need to work fast at layering shadow on top before it sets. It is my 5th Color Tattoo, and it seems pretty creamy.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

First Color Tattoo line experience... the new metallic shades drew me in, this one because it is a nice neutral, can wear with anything color. A lot of people might use this as a base but I do my eye makeup very very simply b/c I have big lids and anything can look too dramatic too easily on me so this is an all over color, nothing else added to it shade for me.
I was worried at first because the texture was very creamy/almost greasy feeling... which helped it spread out but I worried it would crease badly. The good news is that it does set up but you kind of have to do thin layers and let it set. I think I didn't let it set enough between layers b/c I had a bit of creasing which was disappointing for a product named Color Tattoo and advertised as lasting 24 hrs. I was hoping for a little bit more pigment on this shade as well, it didn't show up well at all without layering it on.