MAC Rebel Lipstick

4.6

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I recently purchased this lipstick for $36 AUD (eep) It has been on my wishlist for so long, however I always bought more "wearable" neutrals/pinks. I saw this on Tanya Burr and absolutely fell in love, however I was always hesitant because I am so fair, and completely different colourings to Tanya.
However, this colour looks incredible even on me, as well as my NW40 friend, so it really suits all skin tones.
I have dark brown hair, NC15-20 skin and blue/green eyes and it really brings out all my features beautifully.
It is a berry/plumy almost pinky/purple on me, however on my friend it is a very vampy purple. It looks scary in the tube, however it swatches beautifully, if you have the chance please swatch it!
It's also definatly wearable especially in Autumn Winter, and blotted down to a sheer berry in Summer/Spring.
Definatly repurchasing this one when it runs out!
xx

on 6/12/2013 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this lipstick! I line my lip first with Currant Lip Liner and then I apply Rebel and its just perfection! I am NC40 & I just can't stop receiving compliments on my lips when I use this. Will definitely buy this again in a heart beat!!

on 5/23/2013 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Okay, I love this lipstick!! But as of this day.. I think I lost it and I only bought it two weeks ago! If Its not in my friend's car.. I'm repurchasing it. Great with magenta lip liner!

on 4/16/2013 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Rebel is a dark reddish plumberry MAC lippie. Its not too over powerful & not too calm. I probably wear it 1 or 2x a week, prefer Friday. Its like a glam/goth look in one. Its a bold color so I'd try to wear it with simple eye makeup.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

i'm nw15 with dark hair and green eyes and this does not cut it for me. on me it looks hot fuschia and i prefer deeper colors like cyber and prince noir. however this looks amazing on tan skin tones.

on 4/14/2013 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

ok... love this lipstick but who felt the need to put up a pic of their crusty lips (second pic)
just lost my appetite

on 4/14/2013 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I knew that Rebel had a crazy high rating here at MUA and so I checked it out in store a few months ago. The SA put it on me and, to be honest, I wasn't thrilled about it. My skin is very fair and my hair and eyes dark so in theory this should be a great lipstick colour on me. Well, maybe if I were 15 or 20 years younger. But I felt it looked harsh and made me think of this mom from years back when my kids (now young adults) were in primary school and this mom - also very pale and not exactly in "the first flush of youth" - wore a very deep blue red lipstick that looked really aging on her (as a dyed in the wool makeup addict, I've always love and noticed strong lipstick colours but couldn't help noticing that this shade was not flattering on this woman). So, fast forward to a few months back and there I was, feeling that I looked just like this woman did.

BUT....I had to bring a cosmetics purchase up to $75 so went over to MAC to purchase two lippies for this purpose and I decided "What the hell....I'll be a rebel and buy Rebel." I don't wear it often and when I do, I apply with a light hand and rather than going light on the eye (as many would do with a red lip), I do make a point of going a bit intense on the eye and cheek as well, not so much to compete with the lip colour as to balance it out so it doesn't look quite so harsh and aging. With a bit of attention to detail, I can wear this but, at this point, I doubt this would be a "repurchase" for me since I'll be older still by the time I use this one up!

on 4/10/2013 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is a beautiful berry purple lipstick that looks lovely on my NC44-NC45 skin and is my go to going out lipstick. I love the satin finish which isn't too dry but the colour is long lasting on my lips and leaves a slight stain when it starts to fade. I will be repurchasing this once I've finished.

on 4/6/2013 8:00:00 AM

My all time favourite lipstick ever! With very very pale skin and black hair I struggle to find dramatic lipsticks which don't also look very gothic and draining. MAC's Rebel is a very purple pink shade with enough of a dark red tone to make it classy looking like a deep red, if lightly applied it also looks fantastic for day wear for a pop of colour.

Fantastic texture, longevity and packaging! Some people may think MAC's lipsticks are expensive at now 14 gbp but I believe anyone who actually tried this would begin to think differently, worth every penny!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I pretty much luv Rebel as a every day color. I don't too much wear a lot of eye make up,so I like a pop of color on my lips & this is nice. In the tube it looks mire deep of a burgandy,plum. But applies more sheer. That's way I didn't wear it as much @ 1st,but once I did I got a lot of compliments. My friend who is west Indies,has it also & told me it looked pretty,so it looks different...but pretty on different skin tones.

Popular Lipsticks