Almay Smart Shade Perfect & Correct Primer

2.3

Water, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Dimethicone, Isopropyl N-Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Niacinamide, Panthenol, Tocopherol Acetate, Sea Salt, Montmorillonite, Squalane, Silica, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polymethyl Methacrylate, PEG-100 Stearate, Dimethiconol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Calcium Aluminium Borosilicate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 42090/Blue 1, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens

on 3/27/2012 8:34:00 PM

I bought this about a week ago at a CVS/Pharmacy drugstore for about $13.99. It was a tad bit pricey for drugstore but a good price for a primer since they are generally more expensive anyways.
I like the bottle. It looks cool, its small and compact and its a pump. Much more sanitary and easier to dispense. You don't need to use a lot of it anyways.
It is a very light formal; I didn't feel anything on my face. I use Olay Complete sensitive moisturizer first. Then this primer, and finish my skin with my mineral foundation and sometimes a translucent powder.
So far I love it. My make up does indeed look smoother and my face is less red in the tzone. No break outs so far.
There is BARELY an odor. You would have to sniff like a bloodhound to notice it.

on 3/23/2012 9:05:00 PM

I admit, I only bought this because it looks cool.
I've been wearing this for the past couple of days without foundation, to see if I can notice any discernible difference on my skin tone. I didn't see much of a tone correction on my dark circles, or redness around my nose, but people kept asking me, "Are you ok? You look so tired?"
I tried to find the ingredients on the Almay website to see if this primer has any SPF in it, but I'm thinking no, since I have a pink nose after being outside for a little while yesterday in the Texas sun.
I'll probably use this to spot treat some of the areas on my face, but for the claims made by Almay, this product comes up short.

on 3/23/2012 8:03:00 PM

Love the pakaging and that's about it. My combination skin was an oil slick within 2 hrs, because it was moisturizing i did not even use a moisturizer before. Also it did not even out my complextion what a joke with the green and lavender! What a wast of $11.00 and it was on sale! Will stick with monistat anti chafing gel it's cheap and it works!

I don't have much experience with primers as this is my first one, so I don't have anything to compare this to, however so far I really like it. I have eczema so I have to be careful about what I put on my face or I begin to break out in rashes, dry patches, and acne. I've been using this for a couple of months now and I haven't had any problems breaking out. I also notice that when I put it on it lessens the redness on my face a little bit more, however the difference isn't super noticeable. I really don't know how it is in making my make up last longer as I have nothing to compare it to.

Other than that, I think that once I use this up I might try other primers so that I can compare, but so far my experience with this one has been favorable.

on 3/12/2012 11:21:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was generally impressed with this product. I have very fair, sensitive, combination skin and have trouble with primers either being too greasy or too matte. This one seems to be right in the middle. It evened out my skin, didn't feel heavy and my Almay hydrating powder foundation went on very smooth and stays all day. It doesn't make me oily or dy and I didn't notice any smell that other reviewers noticed. It also hasn't irritated my skin or caused any breakouts. In general, I really like this product and would recommend it and will continue to purchase it.

on 2/14/2012 3:41:00 PM

I would have to say I first tried this product on the back of my hand as that is where the sales consultant showed me the difference it can make on evening out your skin. I was impressed as it really did make a difference in the store. I did decide to purchase and I did like the way it held my make-up on. However, the smell was outrageous...may I add that it smelt like urine and I was disgusted by this. I took it back to the store and asked if anyone else had complained but they said no. I guess they could not smell it but I sure did...will not buy again as it was quite pricey and the smell was awful!!!

This didn't seem to do much for me. It did help keep my makeup on a bit more but word of warning, if you have dry skin and still want to use a moisturizer with it, make sure it is light. It got super greasy on my skin with my moisturizer. As far as evening out my skin tone, I really didn't notice much of a change. Too expensive to buy without better results. Won't purchase again!

on 2/5/2012 1:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm giving this product a middle of the road '3' rating and won't buy again for 2 reasons. 1) There's a lot in the bottle and it's going to outlast my interest in it and 2) It really doesn't seem to do anything. I have yet to find a primer that seems to make any difference in how my makeup wears or how my skin looks....maybe I don't need a primer, lol. Anyway, I purchased this and began using it about a month ago. It's rather pricey for drugstore...I believe it was around $16.00 and I had a $2.00 off coupon. I can't believe more people haven't commented on this, but the bottle is cool! The product is in a helix shape inside the bottle, green and purple. It has a pump dispenser and when you press the pump, you get green and purple evenly distributed. You only need a tiny bit!!! The first time I used this, I pressed all the way down on the pump and got waaaay too much product. It applies nicely, no problems there. Dries quickly. I did NOT smell anything. I know a couple of other people say it smells, but I swear to you that I smell nothing. I guess some people are just more sensitive to smells. I use Covergirl Simply Ageless over this and don't have any problems with my foundation. Has not broken me out at all. I guess I'm basically 'meh' about this product. It's not a bad product, but it really doesn't do anything for me. I'll still use it and will use it until it's gone, but won't repurchase.

on 1/24/2012 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I had seen this primer on Almays website and really wanted to try it out. I have oily skin and this primer made my skin super oily. I would be able to feel the oil all over my face and by the end of the day I face would be so shiny. so I will not buy this primer again.

on 1/24/2012 2:14:00 AM

This primer was purchased on a whim and I'm glad I did. I generally have combo skin (oily tzone and normal cheeks), but during the winter months my cheeks can become dry like the sahara, while my t-zone becomes normal. After using Revlon's new photoready primer the past few weeks my skin has become dry and flakey, and this where Almay's primer has been a miracle worker.
The primer really works more like a moisturizing serum. I applied it over my extremely dry flakey cheeks (hurt too much to exfoliate further) and not only soothed them, but smoothed out the area and created a perfect canvas for my foundation. It also held in the moisture under my longwear foundation, and held up well during an 8 hour day.
Now, I have used this alone and it did even out my skintone but did not take away any redness. I havent seen any brightening effects, but maybe it's something that will occur overtime?
The pump style packaging is great, but the scent...I can't even call it a scent. It has a foul odour that does disipate after a minute or so, but during that minute I am literally holding my breath. I read on a blog that someone described the scent as "corn chips". I would love if mine did!
Price wise, this was expensive for drugstore. It retailed for $16.99 CDN. I took 2 lippies off for cost and scent, but overall a good moisturizing primer for those with drier skin.