NARS Sex Appeal

4.3

on 1/3/2011 1:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I cannot get myself to like this blush. I have tried it when I was an NC15/20, NC25 and NC30/35. It does NOT show up at all. It just gives a chalky appearance, and once I have about 3 packed on layers on, I get a very slight light orangey-peach colour which is not flattering in the slighest. So annoyed I spent so much money on this. No pigmentation whatsoever and the texture isn't nice either.

on 12/28/2010 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This looked kind of blah and chalky in the pan, but once I applied it to my NC15-20 skin it gave a gorgeous soft peachy glow. I also thought it looked really similar to other matte blushes I own in the same color family, but it's very different: not as orange and much softer than Cargo Cannes, cooler and lighter than Shu M Peach 44. To my eye Sex Appeal is closest in hue to Benefit Georgia, but Sex Appeal lacks the fine shimmer that has and is much more pigmented (I swiped one on each cheek to compare.) While this blush is super flattering on pasty old me, I don't think it'll work on darker skin tones since it's so light.

on 12/28/2010 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

chalky finish. I'm NC15/20 and this shows up a baby peach pink on me, which is nice, however the finish is very chalky. i wouldnt reccomend this for darker than nc25 tones, it would look ashy and unnatural with the chalky texture

on 12/22/2010 6:09:00 AM

I bought this blush despite reviews online mostly saying it's only for the very fair. I'm NC25 but couldn't resist purchasing it because it looks gorgeous. And I'm glad I did!

As mentioned by other girls, 2 swipes is enough to get a soft, natural, pink-peach flush. This shows up on my skin (and stays on throughout the day) even though I'm probably about NC30 now, thanks to very strong sunlight during a recent beach holiday.

I have both Sin and Orgasm and unlike those 2, I don't have to be so careful about the amount my brush picks up. Though those 2 are gorgeous colours, I find they easily look OTT on me. This is not the case with Sex Appeal which just looks soft, pretty and natural. :)

P.s. sex appeal looks gorgeous with benefit's girl meets pearl on the cheekbones!

on 12/21/2010 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

After reading the reviews here, I wasn't sure what to expect when I tried this. In the store, it looked non-existant on my hand, but since it was the last one I bought it anyway to try it at home in real conditions. NARS has always been somewhat try and fail with me, as I just cannot love any lipsticks, but adore their other products. I never find the color to be "true," at least on me.

Sex Appeal, though, is a wonderful baby-pink in the pan and on my N20-25 cheeks, but when layered looks more mauve. I would compare it, when layered, to MAC's The Perfect Cheek, which is my HG blush. I find this blush to be a lot more powdery and soft than say, Orgasm, and when I dip in my fluffy brush, a lot is picked up, which is both a good and bad thing - it's hard to overdo this blush, but I also feel like I may waste a lot of product. It creates a soft focus on my cheeks - no glitter, sheen, shimmer, anything - just a pure, rosy, healthy pink glow. It really brightens up my whole complextion!

NARS blushes are really, really worth the $26USD price tag, as there is tons of product in the pan and they really do last ages. I personally love the rubberized packaging, and know that this has saved my products on several occasions where they've accidentally been dropped on hard, tile flooring, sometimes from impressive heights. I think on darker or more olive skintones this may run the risk of looking ashy, dirty, or not showing up at all, but on my lighter winter skin it looks fab. Time will tell how it looks with a tan!

on 12/19/2010 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am NW15 and I do not like really bright, pigmented blushes. That said, this blush gives a really healthy glow to my cheeks without making it look like I have blush on, because I hate how that looks. I love how it lights up my face. Contrary to some others, I find that this blush isn't really that pigmented and I can put on a lot before I start to turn "clown-like". I can see how somebody who likes a bold cheek would not like this color. However, it is perfect for me and I would highly recommend it to others who like a soft look! Note: Upon too heavy application I have found it starts to look "muddy"

on 12/13/2010 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am NC 15 and this shows up as peachy on my skin - not really pink. It is a light matte extremely pigmented blush. It is very finely milled. NARS really has the best quality blushes. Because it is extremely pigmented, it is very buildable. Because I have fair skin with dark hair (Asian), I find this blush extremely flattering.

on 12/7/2010 7:44:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

As soon as I saw this i was in love with it, everything about it is just so nice. It's definately not a really bold colour but it isn't kind of wishy washy pale not really there colour either.
On my nc15 skin it comes over kind of peachy more than pink. It is so soft and easy to blend, no glitter or shimmer just a really beautiful subtle every day colour.

on 12/7/2010 5:21:00 PM

This is a gorgeous neutral peach blush. I am somewhere between a nw20 and nc25....this blush gives my cheeks a healthy gorgeous glow. I dont see pink on my cheeks i mostly see a hue of peach....yes this is light but with the right brush you only need two swipes....it does show up on my skin just fine....this is a great blush in my opinion.....very natural looking. Loving it!

on 12/7/2010 11:48:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love it! It's the perfect blush for me, since I'm a natural kind of girl and it gives me this polished look without being obvious! But since it's so light, I guess, it's just an option in the winter for me :) But I adore it nevertheless!
On me it's the perfect peach and although it doesn't have any shimmer, it makes me glow!
My Go-To blush for now :)
For gals with pale skin - I'd def recommend it!

Top Rated NARS Products