Sigma F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

4.5

on 10/4/2013 7:26:00 AM

One word for this brush: WOW! Any other foundation brush I have ever used, would leave streaks when applying my foundation. And by using this flat top kabuki brush, there are no streaks, no lines left behind, just perfect and flawless application each time! I can't express how pleased I am with this brush. The fibers are synthetic, so the brush doesn't absorb the foundation like a real hair brush would. The brush is soft, plush and very nice when it touches your skin. I can't say enough amazing things about this brush, and even the price is awesome! A+ all around!

EDIT: I have used this brush for a year now and the same thing has happened for a third time. I have to downgrade the lippies to one. This brush just isn't long lasting quality. The bristles become uneven and are leeching. This is the third Sigma Kabuki brush that this has happened to, that I'm thinking of getting another brand. I take excellent care of my brushes that they last an incredibly long time. But a year of using this and the bristles are already falling out and are uneven. I'm disappointed at the quality and will be shopping around for another brand of kabuki brush.

on 9/26/2013 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this brush. It is so dense and soft. It picks up product really easily but it doesn't absorb it. It spreads/buffs it into your skin really nicely and doesn't leave any splotchy patches. It's also really easy to clean. The excess product just slides off and it dries really easily and still keeps its shape. Love it!

on 9/23/2013 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I friggin LOVE this brush.
I had been using the ELF flat top brush and although it does a good job I was starting to feel it being kinda scratchy. I figured I should use something better quality on my skin and decided to get this. Ohhhh man what a dream this brush is, it's super dense and very soft/fluffy. It blends powders and liquid foundations in super well and never has it tugged at my skin or felt itchy. It takes longer for it to dry after washing but it is definitely worth it. Feels like a very sturdy and well made brush for a good price

If I ever lost this I would not hesitate to buy another! I definitely recommend!

This is my favourite brush. Excellent at picking up liquid foundation and gives me a flawless and smooth finish.

I wash it weekly and it dries overnight. Does not shed at all. I wouldn't hesitate to get a replacement.

on 9/22/2013 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Excellent quality. Best kabuki brush I've ever used. I love Sigma brushes!

on 9/22/2013 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I think I'm the only person who didn't find this brush amazing. yes it does blend makeup well without leaving streaks, but I feel like I'm working out my arms every time I drag it across my face just because its so dense. plus, I don't see a huge difference in application than say, a flat paddle foundation brush. I honestly like rt brushes better just because there's less heft to them.

on 9/22/2013 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Amazing. After hearing all the hype about this brush, I had to order it. The price is well worth it, even though it isn't exactly cheap. This gives me the most natural yet flawless look with the best coverage using any foundation, even BB creams seem to have better coverage when I use this brush! I've had it for about four months and used it almost everyday and I haven't had any shedding at all. The brush handle is nice and sturdy with the softest bristles. A big complaint about the brush is that it absorbs product but that doesn't happen to me since I dab foundation dots on my face then buff it in lightly. Also, I don't find the washing of the brush to be that much of a hassle either. I just use olive oil, baby shampoo and baby body wash mixed together and it seems to clean it fine. I feel that my stippling brush took more effort to clean anyway. I have dry skin and this doesn't seem to show off my dry areas or anything. Definitely in love, HG brush for sure. I will be purchasing more from Sigma.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've always used my fingers or a damp wedge sponge to apply foundation with ok results. I've tried a foundation brush but it left my face streaky and too cakey. I was inspired by Laura Vitale and Wayne Goss to use a buffer. After some research I chose this one and I've never looked back! My skin looks flawless! I've got large pores and this brush makes them practically disappear. I just dot my foundation onto my face and using small circles, buff it in. What a lovely brush! It's super dense and incredibly soft and doesn't shed or flatten out. I will definitely be checking out more brushes from Sigma in the future. A really great investment.

on 9/6/2013 10:54:00 PM

I was reluctant to buy this brush, because I have so many that do the job already, I didn't NEED another foundation brush. Besides, I'm kinda cheap and I thought the shipping fee was too high (ended up buying from eBay and paying less).
Anyway, when it arrived, my first thought was "Oh, hack, it's the exact same thing as my flat top from Sedona Lace", which I think is a pretty good brush. But then I used it, and... it isn't, it's a lot better! The Sedona Lace is pretty good, but sometimes it can get a little streaky, whereas this one never does. I've used it almost every day for the last 3 weeks or so and it has been flawless every time. The only thing is I have to use a little bit more of foundation because the brush "swallows" some of it. It's worth it. I get the best possible coverage with the most natural finish. Love it!

UPDATE: I'm taking 2 lippies off, because the last time I've washed this brush, it completely fell apart: all bristles came off at once. Obviously, some water and soap must have gotten inside, despite all my precautions. The thing is, I wash all my brushes the same way, as often as I did this one and it hasn't happened with ANY other, so I thought you guys should know. As much as I loved the use I got out of it, I'm not repurchasing.

on 9/4/2013 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this brush! I didn't think it was possible to get my foundation to look smooth and actually make my skin look better. I was always a sponge person applying foundation, but my niece turned me onto these brushes. The price is affordable and it works too! I have very dry skin but when I use this, my skin looks almost flawless.