Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Single - Brulee

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon-12, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tin Oxide (in Shade 255B), Synthetic Fluorphlogopite (in Shade 254B), Silica (in Shade 257A), Methicone (in Shade 251A), Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer (in Shade 251A). May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Manganese Violet/CI 77742, Ultramarines/CI 77007, Carmine/CI 75470, Chromium Oxide Greens/CI 77288, Ferric Ferrocyanide/CI 77510, Blue 1 Lake/CI 42090

on 12/20/2012 9:44:00 PM

The ONLY eyeshadow I've ever hit pan on (that is saying a lot). The quality is superb, it has such a buttery smooth texture and is very pigmented. I prefer this to MAC Brule eyeshadow. I use this everyday, paired with a matte brown in the crease, and liquid liner in a cat-eye shape, for a classic old school glamour look. Will repurchase forever!

on 11/30/2012 11:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW10 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

I love this color, I use it on top of Urban Decay's primer in Eden almost every day as a neutral base color. Pigmentation is great, not chalky or transparent such as MAC's Vanilla. Great value.

on 11/24/2012 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing product! Exact dupe for MAC's brule eyeshadow. Great pigmentation, the only problem was that it is a bit chalky, but then again it was only $2 so you can't argue with that.

on 11/19/2012 11:34:00 PM

Beautiful colour and so smooth!! Nice if you want to do a red lip and black eyeliner, although I had to take a lippy off as everytime I go to open it I have to pull so hard and my thumb ends up smashing into the product..

on 11/18/2012 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Use it everyday as an all over lid colour. Kind of chalky, but applies nicely and lasts all day. It was about two dollars Canadian and I'll re-purchase as soon as I run out.

on 11/15/2012 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

The texture of this shadow is superb! It's far more rich and creamy than any of MAC's matte (and even matte2!) eyeshadows. Brulee reminds me of MAC's Bisque eyeshadow but with less pink undertones and greater pigmentation. I use this all over the lid and normally pair it with something in the crease and/or outer corner of my eye. My only issue with WnW eyeshadows is that they're really fragile. Just carrying them around in my purse can cause them to shatter or chip. (And don't even think about dropping them!) Nevertheless, I love this shadow and would repurchase over and over again.

on 11/7/2012 9:22:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Thank you for this review and the gal who mentioned using this as a under eye circle cover! I have this color and after reading the review immediately tried it under my eyes. SHAZAM it worked. Who would of thought? I have a ton of different cover creams/powders/concealers in my arsonal and am always looking for a better one for my heriditary under eye circles. Never would of thought of trying this eyeshadow as a cover up. Now I am going to stock up on this color.

on 11/5/2012 7:39:00 PM

Wow its amazing what your learn while reading makeupalley reviews. I would never have thought to use this as a setting powder for undereye concealer but dayum this works wonders, it def gives a Kim kardashian effect without the mounds of concealer that make me look cakey. Now I will say I am hispanic so I have to dust over everything with a more yellow toned setting powder but its amazing. Also after all my makeup is on I also use this as a highlighter its more subtle than a shimmery one so it may take some getting used to but def try it, I had to look deep to find these suggestions because as an eyeshadow its a matte cream highlight...big woop I have 30 of them. But give the other uses a try, and if u hate them yes it still is a great highlight shade if u care for the understated look.

on 10/20/2012 9:51:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

PROS:
*Great when lightly dusted on as an eyeshadow a base to prime lids and prevent creasing. I wouldn't use a regular eyeshadow brush to pat this on because it would put on too much of this product down and consequently can alter/lighten the eyeshadow you place on top. Unless that's what you're going for.
*Works well to blend/soften crease colors on a fluffy crease brush. (it's pigmented though, so less is more for this purpose)
*Light skinned persons could use this to cover/conceal discoloration on eyelids and on acne scars.
*Matte, opaque, fairly creamy texture for a powder.
*Cheap

CONS:

*I personally find the undertone to be a little too ashy for me and haven't really liked how it looked on me when used as an eyeshadow or a brow highlight. But that's probably why it works well for concealing discoloration and redness. It doesn't come off as grey or green or anything, it's definitely a cream color, just to make that clear, but to me seems that it has no red or peach undertones at all which doesn't do me any favors apart from concealing/color correcting.
*While good for concealing discoloration, it's not so good at concealing any active breakout or healing breakout. It accentuates dryness and flakes really bad and looks cakey and obvious even when minimal product is used on a blemish. It's not intended for this purpose, mind you, so can't knock the product for this, but just thought I'd give a heads up to anyone who may be interested in getting this product to use as a concealer for acne. Works fine on scars, though. (on fair-light-skinned persons only)

I personally won't be buying this product again. I have 2 already, bought them both at the same time, one is is still unopened, and I've been using the other one for more than a year and have barely made a dent in it because my purposes don't require much product at all and I also don't use it every single time I do my make-up. I guess I just can't foresee a time when I'll feel any need to go purchase another one, even assuming I ever use up the 2 I have.
As an aside, I use the WnW color "Nutty" every day, and have yet to find any eyeshadow I love more than that one. You can check my profile if you want to read that review.
Hope my review was helpful.

on 10/19/2012 9:00:00 PM

great highlight shade
its not chalky at all it very creamy and not powdery
i love this all over the lid on lazy days and use it everyday for my brow highlight
i have 5 backups will always buy again!