Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion - Pore Perfecting

2.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Dimethicone,Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer,Cyclopentasiloxane,Hexyl Laurate,Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate,PEG-10 Dimethicone,Phenoxyethanol,Stearic Acid,HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer,Alumina,Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil,Ethylhexylglycerin,Silica May Contain: CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (VEGAN)

on 9/6/2010 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Not a horrible product, just not the one for me. A little thick for my liking, and the feel while wearing it is odd. It did help make my pores less noticeable though :) I'll stick to my smashbox primer for the money

I got a sample size of this with an order from beauty.com and wasn't a big fan. It felt greasy and I didn't notice a difference when I applied my makeup over it- my foundation still came off after 2 hours and my pores were still visible. I probably wouldn't buy this again, but I've found that sample size products often work different than their full-size counterparts, so who knows.

on 8/27/2010 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

IMO, it's too thick, it's be easier to get a thin even layer with a thiner, maybe gel-y er product and when it's too thick it looks ashy. My makeup does last FOREVER with it but after wearing it for more than 8 or so hours i notice instead of just blackheads on my nose and forehead i have teansy lil pimples and if i wear it working a long shift/double and have makeup on for more than 10 or so hours i had actual pimples, which I never get. It doesn't change the appearence of my pores at all which is enough for me to not repurchase, maybe if it was just sold as a long lasting primer but if you promise me small pores, deliver.

I expected so much from the people who made UDPP

on 7/25/2010 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I actually can say that I enjoy using this primer. It can be thick but it gets the job done. I would recommend this primer to anyone with oily skin and excentuated pores. The key with this primer is to use a small amount and know how to properly open the lid of this product, it can be a bit tricky.

on 7/13/2010 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

I was skeptical of yet another primer that promised to minimize oil and pores, but this primer really does the trick. It only takes a small amount of product, and is relatively inexpensive for the amount you get. I have a very oily t-zone, and live in a humid climate and this primer kept my makeup true all day. I only had to touch up my bare minerals once. A good all over primer for anyone with oily skin.

Overall a bad product. It did get rid of my pores when I put it on, but it clogged them more through out the day AND felt like grease on my face.

on 7/10/2010 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This product does go on smoothly and makes your skin as smooth as silk, but as for minimizing pores or controlling oil- not so much. I won't buy it again because it didn't meet my expectations and it was $30.00.

on 7/9/2010 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this product!! I got it in a swap and thought I would try it out based on the tips that I learned here and it worked great! It really smoothes out my skin and makes my pores look smaller AND my foundation just glides over this. I also really like the packaging, the fact that you have to twist the cap helps to ensure that you get a little bit, which is all you need. If you apply to much, I can see this product turning out really bad, but you only need is a little and because of that, I put a really small amount on my finger for each section of my face and BAM! it looks great with MUFE HD foundation..glad I risked trying this because it turned out to be winner for me!

on 6/16/2010 3:18:00 PM

I actually adore this product. I bought it for the pretty high (for me) price of $30 without checking the reviews, and after reading them I put it away in a drawer and didn't dare to use it. Lately, my Hard Candy Sheer Envy primer has been breaking me out and making me oily. I used this and it immediately made my skin look better! My skin is oily, highly acne prone, and I have acne scars, so this is a big deal when something makes my skin look better even before foundation. My foundation (Lancome Teint Idole Ultra, my HG) goes on like silk and stays on. It doesn't accentuate dry spots like Sheer Envy does either. 5/5.

edit: I forgot to add that I use very, very little. It is the key to this product! Use so little that it feels like you have nothing on you face and fingers.

on 5/17/2010 10:26:00 AM

I have had this for just over a month. The first time I used it, I unscrewed the entire cap and applied what I thought was a small amount to my problem areas. As with some other people who have posted reviews, I had awful results: it felt like glue, went on white, and made my foundation look horrific. I tried this day after day for about a week before I got really fed up and put my bottle up for swap. Unable to get rid of it, I checked out the reviews again and saw the one below mine with the correct application method: you need to lift the top portion of the cap and squeeze to get the right amount and it will make all difference; this stuff works great in very, very small doses ONLY to problem areas. As soon as a thin layer is applied pores are visibly reduced if not invisible, and from there it does not get greasy on my combination skin or ruin my foundation - in fact today my foundation is a bit more matte than normal in my problem areas. I do have severe dry patches but I am careful not to put this on anywhere near them as it seems to be strictly for oily skin and enlarged pores. I also use a silicone-based primer all over my face - even in areas where I have layered products I haven't had any breakouts.

I feel stupid for not having figured out the cap sooner, but it is true that isn't the most intuative application method and there are no instructions included on how to properly apply this stuff so I have taken some points off the packaging score for that. I got this in the Sephora kit which was a bargain, but I noticed it normally costs $30. If this keeps working so well on me I will probably re-purchase because I like the UD ethos but the price seems steep for a product from a mid-range brand.

Bottom line: this product works for me and I am very grateful to the last reviewer for setting the record straight on how to use it correctly! I would confidently recommend this if you have combination skin or oily patches, if you have all-over oil then I could suggest you try it first just because it can only be applied sparingly.