Burt's Bees Naturally Ageless Serum

4.2

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract, Tritium Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Borago Officinale (Borage) Seed Oil, Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Citrus Auranitium Amara (Bitter Orange) Oil, Rosa Damascena (Bulgarian Rose) Flower Oil, Lavandula Hybrida (Lavender) Oil, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Beta Carotene, Vegetable Oil

on 10/13/2008 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

By far the best treatment serum (oil) I have ever used!

Pros:

Excellent high quality ingredients.

100 percent natural.

Great price for the quality.

Nice consistency. Sinks in to the skin well and can be worn even daytime under sunscreen.

Brightens my skin, evens tone, makes small lines nearly vanish.

Cons: Glass bottle. It is important to keep it in a dark area as the light can destroy antioxident properties.

on 10/12/2008 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this stuff! I put it on right after my toner, let it sink in for about a minute, then follow with my regular moisturizer. The teeniest of drops goes a very very long way and it feels like my skin just drinks it in! For a drugstore brand it is a bit pricey but it's definitely worth every penny! Actually, for what you get, I'd go as far as to call it cheap! My skin is smoother, plumper & brighter thanks to this awesome stuff!

on 10/5/2008 8:39:00 AM

I like the serum, but i am not mad about the strong smell. Also i am worried that it has some unlisted parfum as it smell like levander, but no levander as ingredient.
anyway it is a nice product, skin seems to glow,but does not seem to have hydrating effect. i still prefer elizabeth arden ceramide capsules, which are also very natural...

on 10/3/2008 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!! I am 25, and this is by far the best product I have ever used on my face. I read the other reviews, and just had to give it a try. I was having a problem with clogged pores...I'd get little tiny bumps on my face that weren't really visible, but I could definitely feel them, and it gave my face an overall "blah" look. I have used this product for about a week, and ALL the little bumps are already gone! My skin has never felt and looked smoother. I use it at night after washing my face with Neutrogena Deep Clean. I read in other reviews that they only use a drop or two. I use a tad bit more...like 3 or 4 drops. I just like to feel like I have actually put something on my face. The smell is nothing to write home about, but it's not that bad...kind of herb-y. It is a bit expensive, but I think it will last quite awhile. After using it a week, I do not really notice any of it gone out of the bottle. The glass bottle makes me nervous - I'm very clumsy and I just know I'm probably going to break it. I also keep the glass bottle in the box it came in, because I read in other reviews that oils will go bad if they are exposed to too much sunlight. I'm trying to get my mom to use it - she's 52. I'll update if I can get her to use it and let you know how it works for her. All in all, this product was a miracle worker for me, and I'm sure it will be for you too!

Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral

The only things that I don't like about this product are the glass container and the smell. But in thinking about it, perhaps the glass container is a necessity to keep the product "fresher", and with all of the chemicals used in plastic, maybe glass isn't such a bad idea after all.
Since I use Retin A at night, about three times per week, I use this during the day, under my sunscreen and foundation. I also use it to "spot treat" at night. I am so glad that I happened upon these favorable reviews. I have used the product five days now and already see an improvement in my skin's texture and tone. Also, I had a couple of breakouts on my chin, probably from stress, and they are healing nicely after I began using this product.

I love the delivery system and the eyedropper allows you to be very precise and sparing with the amount of product that you use. Love the fact that all of the ingredients are one hundred percent natural. Leaves my skin feeling and looking very soft, smooth, and hydrated, without looking "greasy". It takes a few minutes, like anything else, for the product to "sink" into the skin, but it surely lives up to the reviews that you gals gave it. .

Thank, MUA gals, for all of the good recommendations on this product. In this day and age, not much lives up to the "hype", but this one does. Great, great product.

on 10/1/2008 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

great suff, really helped improve my skin!

on 10/1/2008 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Yes! I found it! Something that smooths/plumps my aging skin while still soothing my acne. My skin just looks finer after using this. I'm 35 with combination skin. Now if it just smelled better.

on 9/25/2008 9:11:00 PM

For the past few years, I had good skin; oily but nothing to complain about. I hardly ever brokeout and maybe got one spot a month around "that time". I just turned 21 a few weeks ago and for some reason, I have been getting painful, cystic pimples (not the birthday present I really wanted). Nothing seemed to be helping them and I don't know what's causing them and it certainly doesn't help that I'm a "picker"; I pick at these pimples until they are bleeding, extremely red, peeling and scabbing. Yuck. I bought this serum after reading all the rave reviews. While I haven't noticed any difference with the monsters I have now, I can tell it has certainly helped with the spots I have picked at; they are healing SO much faster than they usually do. The peeling is reduced practically in a day! And the scars they leave seem to have lost their redness in just a few short days. I can also see a more even tone throughout my entire face. It hasn't caused any additional breakouts, which I am happy about, especially since I was nervous it would since it is so oily. I have started using this everyday along with using SkinCeuticals .5 Retinol Night Cream every other night, so we'll see how that works. It is a tad expensive for the amount of product, but at least you can get it on ebay for a whole lot cheaper! I'll update in a few weeks to see if this product is still as great as I'm hoping it will be.
*UPDATE 10/30* After a month of using this serum, still no complaints! My skin looks so even it practically glows, so I am quite pleased with that. About two and half weeks ago I started breaking out and almost gave up using this, thinking it finally backfired. But I began to realize I was only getting spots in a small cluster below the right corner of my mouth.. I finally figured out they were from the mouthpiece of the main phone at work (gross). This has still really helped with those spots b/c of course I picked at them. And the smell has become almost comforting. I will keep buying :)

on 9/23/2008 11:50:00 AM

Me: n/d skin, dermatitis prone, 41. Pros: all natural, soothing, great smelling oil based serum. Easy to apply- a few drops over a wet face really sinks in quickly. Drops patted into a dry face are more moisturizing and soothing- you can also mix the two and add more where you may have some irritation (some of the oils in this are especially good for soothing the skin, ime). I've also successfully mixed a drop or two of this into LRP sunscreen, both the spf 15 daily moisturizer and the "stronger" spf 40. Brightens without irritating-- I'm no longer able to use aha/retinol at the moment and this is filling the gap nicely (I believe there may be some natural vitamin c in the oils). Not too expensive at $25, and often on sale at Target/CVS. Fairly easy to find- even my semi-rural grocery store has a BB display. Packaging: I'm "meh" on the glass. I think the dropper is a good idea, though, as it avoids over application. Also, you can get every bit of oil out of this bottle- pumps are sanitary but wasteful. Cons: Might irritate oil-sensitive skin; may be too moisturizing for very oily complexions, although I know that some essential oils are useful for this. An excellent product and vastly superior to many of the silicone serums out there. I will buy this- the older attar of rose serum-- or the new radiance serum again.

on 9/20/2008 11:13:00 AM

Wow, this is the best skincare product I have EVER used. In two nights it cleared up the little breakout I'd had along my jawline for almost 2 weeks that nothing would clear up. In the 3 weeks I've used it, it's diminished any small blemishes, marks, etc that I had. It's made my skin look clear, smooth, creamy and awesome. It's a little oily, but just give it a few minutes to sink in, and it's even okay in the daytime. It smells like lavendar to me, but the smell goes away. I hate the bottle with a passion...I do not like glass in my bathroom! It's pricey for a drugstore item, IMO, but it's a miracle product.

Popular Treatments (Face)