John Frieda Frizz-Ease Hair Serum

3.1

on 6/17/2009 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

A decent dupe for Redken's Glass. It keeps my blowout silky after I've finished flat-ironing it and controls frizz quite well. However, I don't get the same amount of shine from this serum that I do from Glass. This product has a viscous quality that I don't like; it's not as lightweight as other serums I've used. I'd probably repurchase if I was running low on cash.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I thought it was just me until I saw that just 16% of reviewers would buy this product again. I thought it was just me so much that I bought and attempted this product a few times. Greasy, weighs the hair down while still looking frizzy is not my idea of a good time!

on 5/22/2009 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is defintely my HG! I don't know what I would do without it. Before I started using this product, I had splits ends. This product has stopped split ends in its tracks. My hair grows extremely fast, thank God for that. With this prodct, it actually controls frizzes and allows my hair to grow down to my butt. If you already have oily hair, I think this will just weigh it down. I have dry unruly hair. This is is must in my collection and I am never without it.

on 5/7/2009 2:39:00 AM

This serum is weird. It adds no shine whatsoever, it's sticky and thick and hard to spread, and it basically just coats the hair in a greasy layer, making it look very dull and dirty. This stuff reminds me of melted plastic--that's how it looks and feels. Probably the worst serum I've tried. Try Chi Silk Infusion.

I've been using this product for years and I've had nothing but great results. Just a few drops makes my hair shiny and silky. Not to mention it helps straighten out my waves if I use a blow-dryer.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

i have thick/curly-wavy/long hair and it took quite a bit of this product to add SOME shape and uniformity to my curls. the messyness didn't really bother me but i don't like having to put so much product in my hair for it to work.

on 4/26/2009 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Used to have poker straight healthy black hair but with age (gahh) my hair has thinned, become lanky and after using hair straightener for 2 months completely out of control damaged and frizzy. If left to dry naturally and brushed normally I would have horribly curly frizzy hair and would spend hours straightening them with a hair dryer.

Bought this serum for 13 Euros, and applied it to slightly damp hair by rubbing on fingers and running them over hair. Hair dryer for a minute or two after that and my hair was flat. Not poker straight, there still was slight frizz but straight. DO NOT use more than a walnut size or it will make your hair greasy. I bought this bottle 4 months ago and still have an inch left. Does what it says, is worth the money and i will buy again.

on 3/23/2009 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

This absolutely saved my hair. I had dry, straw-like ends that made my hair look horrible. Trimming only lasted so long, conditioner on the ends made it look greasy - I just didn't have any ideas what to do. I had tried this hair serum before, and didn't think it worked, because I put it all over my head. Thought it made it look flat and limp.
Then, I got the bright idea to just put it on my ends when wet and nowhere else on my hair. Voila! Perfection. The dry, straw-like ends are a thing of the past! My hair is very, very fine - so it doesn't work to put elsewhere- just weighs it down. But on my ends it was the very thing I needed to transform my hair. Now, I'm never without it.

on 2/15/2009 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have got this one's sample from a beauty&fashion magazine, I applied after shower without drying my hair. I didn't use towel my hair was compeletly wet, after using I dried my hair with towel and then hair dryer. When I was straightening (I have wavy) my hair was very smooth and flat!! I liked it, works very well.

on 2/15/2009 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This does work ok I guess..no complaints except if you don't mind the mild smell olive oil works just as good as long as you use it sparingly just like the serum ..olive oil is so much cheaper and comes in a much bigger bottle..I wouldn't waste my money on this again..