LUSH Ultrabalm

4.3

Organic Cold-Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), Rose Wax (Rosa damascena) *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 5/3/2015 11:52:00 PM

Love ultrabalm! It is a decent amount for the price you pay, so I think it's worth the price. It is similar to pawpaw cream. It has so many uses too. I put it on my lips, any cuts/rashes/chafing and it even calms eczema. Will most definitely be buying this again!

on 4/19/2015 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff has an awful scent. Currently using it as a lip balm for when i'm at home...Cant get over the scent, so I think I'll be tossing it out.

I've had this for a day, and bought it to replace bepanthen for a new tattoo (7 days old).
Oh my G. So good.
Tattoo is itching like a mofo, and the initial graininess (which does go away) feels like heaven when you're rubbing it over (my tattoo didn't scab, is just peeling, so I probably wouldn't recommend this slice of pleasure with a scabby one) The Rose Wax is brilliant at helping soothe the itch as well.
I couldn't resist putting it all over my face and lips before bedtime and so far it feels like relief. The cold weather wreaks havoc with my face, and this has literally helped with moisture levels and has given my face a nice plump look with a dewy glow. I guess you can put it anywhere you'd put Vaseline.
It's not really like our dear friend Vas though because it sinks in, rather than just sits on top looking shiny. Also it's not a by-product of petrol.

on 8/25/2014 1:06:00 AM

This is actually the best product I have ever used on my lips. Felt great and my lips were in perfect condition all the time, and if my lips got chapped it would heal them quicker than anything else. Great to use to moisturize your lips if they get dry from wearing lipstick easily. In the winter, I also sometimes get dry skin between my thumb and first finger that not much seems to help, but putting a little of this there does. All around rules without feeling gross like vaseline.

on 7/18/2014 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I swear that with one application of this stuff my lip irritation went significantly down. I'm so glad I decided to purchase this and not the Alba un-petroleum jelly (which has beeswax in it). This is a great natural, vegan alternative to Aquaphor. Yes, it doesn't smell all that great and the texture is a little rough, but that's alright with me.

on 6/26/2014 4:42:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Another favourite! This is fairly cheap for a Lush product and it's just so lovely. It has no noticeable scent or colour and it's great for any kind of dry skin. I also use it as a lip balm in the same way that some people would use vaseline. The oils are lovely and softening, although sometimes when it's cold the formula gets a little gritty before you put it on your skin. I will most certainly buy again.

on 1/18/2014 11:40:00 PM

It is a vegan, safe, but expensive alternative to Vaseline (natural petroleum jelly). That is really all there is to it. I have to admit that it does moisturize your lips very well, even on windy and cold days, but initially has a "grainy" feel to it when you smack your lips together. This feeling goes away if you warm up the product with your hands first, or keep on rubbing your lips together (so I guess the grains are due to the ingredients setting).

on 1/10/2014 2:22:00 PM

Basically a natural petroleum jelly. As a tween I toted Vaseline with me everywhere as my lip balm, and now I use the Ultrabalm. It's a bit expensive for me, but you do get a fair bit of product for it, so the $13 is worth it to me. The lady at the LUSH store sold me on it when I was in for a lip scrub and I'm obsessed with it - I have super dry skin and I use this everywhere I'm extra dry, particularly around my mouth and nose. It doesn't really have much of a smell that I can detect. What I love about it is that it feels just like Vaseline, only it actually soaks into your skin instead of resting on top forever, but it keeps you moisturized just as well. I've also been using it on my feet, on patches of what look like psoriasis on my hands, and as a lip balm - it makes my hands feel soothed and protected and my feet are much less dry. I've put it on my tattoos while they heal and on burns, basically been using it in any way I'd use Vaseline and it does the trick. I'm a huge sucker for multi-purpose products and I'm basically obsessed with this balm!

on 11/26/2013 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Everything burns or irritates my skin. This doesn't. I use it all over my face including undereye. It leaves my skin looking and feeling perfect. I've also been using it on a nasty poison ivy scar: after a week it's faded exponentially.

Simple and effective. It has three ingredients and comes in a simple, recyclable aluminum tin. Unlike most of Lush's products; it has no added perfume. I think the resulting scent is neutral: like Vaseline. Neither pleasing or offensive. However after using it for a week, I've come to view it as the scent of calmed skin.

on 11/25/2013 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Great alternative to Vaseline! I have eczema and had become a little OCD about keeping moisturised/balmed up but hated using Vaseline, UltraBalm is 3 natural products which I love. On my 3rd tin.

Popular Lip Treatments