Dr. Hauschka VOLUME mascara!

3.1

Ingredients: Aqua, Pyrus Cydonia Seed Extract, Alcohol, Saccharum Officinarum Extract, Sorbitol, Ricinus Communis Oil, Acacia Senegal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cera Flava, Mica, Camellia Sinensis Extract, Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract, Candelilla Cera, Lysolecithin, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Serica Powder, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Rosa Damascena Oil, Parfum, Citronellol, Geraniol, Linalool, Hectorite, Silica, CI 77491, CI 77499, CI 77891, CI 77007.

on 2/4/2015 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I really like this mascara, unlike so many other natural mascaras ,it doesn't flake or leave you with racoon eyes and It gives a decent amount of volume for my needs. It's also completely non-irritating. Just don't cry with this on as it will run rivers down your cheeks! It won't lengthen the lashes as much or curl them like high street brands, but if you are looking for a natural mascara you already know that. I've tried quite a few natural mascaras and this one has performed the best so far and it really does volumize more than most.

on 2/3/2015 5:36:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

OK I just love this stuff and keep coming back to it after cheating. I understand the criticisms--it does smudge, and if you don't like how Hauschka products smell then you probably won't like this. I wipe the wand off well on a tissue before I apply it and use a lash comb after, and the results are natural and a bit glossy. Applied that way it's the closest I'll ever get to Neutrogena's discontinued lash tint, which I LOVED. I'm not super-strict on natural ingredients but I do want soft lashes, not plastic spikes, and I'd rather have smudges than be losing lashes trying to clean the stuff off at night.

on 12/1/2014 1:20:00 PM

I didn't love the product because it was irritating my eyes en gave me some eczema around the eye area. Maybe it is due too the natural parfume.

on 12/21/2013 6:20:00 PM

I don't know what it is but my skin hates one of the ingredients in it! It just stings my eyes like hell (and I don't have sensitive eyes). However I paid a lot for it so I don't want to give up so soon lol. I'm just using it for the tip of my lashes sometimes and it gives a very dense black color which I love. But at the end of the day I have that panda look and it doesn't come off easily as a bonus! I mean it does come off from my eyelashes but not from my skin (which I find very strange because even my regular waterproof mascara was coming off with some olive oil.) I love this brand for their concealer, powder, blush etc but for mascara I'm not ready to go all natural I guess.

on 8/10/2013 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

I have very sensitive eyes (everything seems to make me itch) and I have light brown eyelashes. When I am looking for a mascara I am looking for a few things: darker lashes and a natural appearance. I don't want my mascara to look like mascara.

I choose the volume because I thought I wanted more volume. I don't find this gives much volume. I find that the illusion of volume is easier for me to achieve by adding eyeliner to my lash lines.

This adds color to my lashes, which are very fair at the ends. With color on the entire hair shaft...my eyelashes look as long as they actually are! This mascara seems to be more liquid and have a smoother texture than other mascara I have tried (Tarte, Benefit, Too Faced, Shisheido...). I really love this aspect. Most importantly...no itching or irritation.

My eyelashes looked darker, longer and completely natural while wearing this. I have had better applicators before but I like this formula best out of all the mascara I have tried.

***However, be warned that simply adding this mascara will not give you a more natural look. When I apply mascara I remove excess product on the opening of the tube. I lightly coat my eyelashes. Quickly, I use either an eyebrow brush or heavily threaded, clean mascara applicator to brush my eyelashes. This separates the eyelashes (making them appear like they spread out more and removing eyelashes sticking together) as well as removed any little tiny clump balls that may fall onto your cheeks as your day/evening goes on.

This is not a 5 for me because I do have to put work into the look of my lashes. There was limited volume and the applicator could, perhaps, be improved. However, this is still my number one mascara to date.

on 7/13/2013 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Not so awesome. Even with only one light coat, it does not dry completely and feels wet (not a comfortable feeling around sensitive eyes). On warmer/drier says it dried faster, but not as fast as a conventional mascara. I have super sensitive eyes and wear contacts, so I need mascara to dry fast and not flake/smudge. I found that Benefit's "They're Real" and Buxom "Lash" mascaras to be far superior-- no irritation either!

on 6/6/2013 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is one of my must-haves in my daily beauty ritual. I naturally have long lashes but knowing what disgusting ingredients are in low-priced mascara (shoe polish! yes! shoe polish!) I am happy that I found this mascara to nourish my lashes all week.
The trick is to put one layer, then apply on the other eye, then go back for a second layer - voila! Beautiful thick lashes!
It is made out of natural ingredients, so don't expect it to withstand rain or very hot muggy weather - but beats putting shoe polish on my lashes! Plus, since it's so easy to wash off - you don't need to use harsh eye makeup removers and you won't wake-up with raccoon eyes in the morning. It's a bit pricey, but worth it!

on 3/7/2013 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This didn't work for me, unfortunately. I try to keep all my makeup natural and the only thing I hadn't found so far was a natural mascara (I use Clinique Lash Power and love it). So I bought this mascara from Dr. Hauschka in the hope to at least have an alternative to Clinique on days when weather wouldn't be an issue, since this isn't waterproof. Well, I was sadly very disappointed by its performance. Being used to Clinique Lash Power's small and convenient brush, the brush of this mascara was huge and difficult to use without getting most of the mascara on my lids instead of my lashes. I had to put on three coats before it showed up. It did stay on and I didn't notice any smudging. But the worst of it all was that I'm obviously allergic to some ingredient(s) in it. After one day's use my eyes were red, and after two days my eyes were redder, swollen and itchy. That's it for me. This goes in the bin.

on 2/14/2013 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I started using this mascara when I noticed that my previously beautiful lashes had become thin and almost invisible. I didn't want to damage them further with harsh chemicals from other mascaras, which may or may not have caused or contributed to my lashes' demise. I wear this daily. It has a rose scent, witch I personally like. It looks beautiful on.
I've noticed that it does smudge, so watch out for that.
The mascara is pretty expensive, but it lasts a very long time.
This is the only natural mascara I've used, so I can't compare it to others. But I do like it a lot.
Edit: I've been noticing some dark smudges underneath my eyes. I think it might have been from the mascara because of the more tendency to sweat in the summer, and thus more possibility for it to smudge. So I'm not using it right now in the summer months.

on 9/27/2012 2:59:00 PM

On a daily basis I use the other mascara not the volume one as this one is thicker. However, if I am going out you you'd hardly notice you have mascara on because its unnoticeable so you have to use this one. This one will cover well and yes you can see you are wearing mascara. It's a bit clumpy. I often find myself picking at my eyelashes. However, it's difficult to fault because I won't use synthetic chemical mascaras anymore and I hate the smell. So yes it's expensive but knowing it's as natural as you're going to get pleases me. It's not easy to get off though. The other one I don't even bother washing off at night it just wears off! But I love natural. No allergens, no irritation, no smell, no chemicals I will always use Dr Hauschka mascaras and makeup.

Popular Mascaras