Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes Waterproof Mascara

3.6

Isododecane, aqua, pentaerythriyl hydrogenated rosinate, cyclopentasiloxane, PVP/eicosene copolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, polybutene, cera alba, cera carnauba, alcohol, polyquaternium -10, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, ethylparaben, iron oxides (CI 77499)

on 4/30/2015 1:42:00 AM

I really love this mascara. It works very well with me. I came across this product as I was trying to find a dry formula mascara for my Asian eyelashes and some had recommended this so I gave it a shot. It was $27 at Sephora (Aus) and $15 for mini... A little pricey. But in the end it worked pretty well. It did not flake for me or smudge like Maybelline and Covergirl mascaras do! It also keeps my curl, lengthens as well as volumizes. I will continue to use and repurchase this.

on 12/17/2014 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

It's great for those looking for natural looks 😚 I personally believe that awkward moment of control over-the-knee injury feeling I had in my eye when I poked it with this little mascara Wang, be careful is small but hurtful if you're not careful 😢 I had visit my eye doctor to make sure wasn't serious, I was in rush today and did to fast the mascara that poked my inner eye ball . This should come with warnings. I got this in my ipsy bag and glad didn't pay full price . I plan to just use it on my slower days. It makes my lashes longer straight but doesn't curl and diff layers makes it look like spider women's nightmare. I am sticky about this mascara.

on 12/10/2014 12:52:00 AM

This is one of those products that I loved at first but got worse over time. It gave me lots of length. I also liked that it didn't feel stiff or make my eyelashes feel "crunchy" like a lot of water proof mascaras do. But over time, it started to clump up. It's not very buildable for that reason which is no good when you're not working with a lot of lashes to begin with. The bristles are sharp and poke me in the eye or eyelid. And it flakes so badly! It gets in my eyes and I cry off my makeup. Luckily I got this for $10.99 during Beauty Brands' Lash Bash because I'd never pay full price for it. Good but not great. I likely won't be repurchasing.

on 11/25/2014 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I enjoyed this mascara so much! It gave me length and volume with out looking too clumpy or unnatural! It was also super waterproof so I was never scared about wearing it swimming or in the rain. The waterproof formula holds a curl so well! The only bad thing about this is the price. It is $20 USD. Personally, that is pretty expensive for a mascara, but compared to other higher end mascaras its not crazy. But, even for the price, I would purchase it again!

on 8/24/2014 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is probably one of the best cruelty-free mainstream waterproof mascaras available on the market today. But is it one of the best waterproof mascaras? No.

Pros:
- clean definition
- doesn't flake
- truly waterproof
- ability to apply multiple coats without clumping

Cons:
- wet formula (makes my lashes lose their curl if I apply too much)
- dries slightly stiff (but not as stiff as Maybelline Great Lash --- ugh that is the worst mascara ever)
- brush design clumps lashes together instead of providing separation/making them feathery
- doesn't provide much volume

All in all, I'd stick with my HG Urban Decay Cannonball.

on 7/28/2014 7:22:00 PM

This mascara was alright. It made my lashes look much longer and fuller, however, it flaked horribly right out of the bottle. Most waterproof mascaras tend to flake off throughout the day because of the formula, but this one would flake and smear within minutes of application. Such a downer, because it made my lashes look so nice!

on 7/21/2014 6:58:00 AM

The problem with this mascara is that it dries out SO fast. It works great when you first open it... But after a month it's....meh

on 7/18/2014 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

No. Just "No".

My only regret besides chucking out over $20 for this was the fact that I didn't keep my receipt.

I bought a small version of the non-waterproof Lights, Camera because I needed a travel tube and at the time they didn't have the smaller Too Faced BTS mascara for sale. Using the small tube, I thought..."hmm...this isn't half bad, but I do prefer waterproof so maybe I'll go back and try it." They didn't have mini version of waterproof so I threw all caution (or all $20) to the wind and bought it, with the knowledge that I already do like some of Tarte's other makeup products.

And then I tried it...and tried it...and tried it. No matter which way I used it I came up with the same result - short, semi-thick and super stiff (almost crusty) lashes. It's hard to build mascara when the result between coats is so stiff you're afraid your lashes will break off.

Now, I will say they didn't lie when they said "waterproof" as it does stay on well in sweat and during a nap. I cannot attest to it's waterproof-ness in the ocean as I didn't like it enough to wear it during my last surf session.

$20 gone and lesson learned.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Thereís absolutely no reason to pay $20 for this.

What I like: Very black, certainly waterproof and long-wearing, defining.

Donít like: Letís be honest, ďdefiningĒ is like the most basic thing a mascara can do. I have relatively long lashes to begin with yet this did absolutely nothing for them. It had absolutely no lengthening and was impossible to add volume no matter the coats. Iíve never experienced such a dud. The formula is so watery. Having long lashes, it smudges all around my lids when I apply it, and of course isnít easy to remove. The rubber bristles on the wand are so short it makes it hard to control application and takes longer to apply. The packaging is cute but annoyingly gimmicky; I much rather not have my mascara take up so much space.

Overall, I would return this, but it was a gift. So Iíll keep it around for when Iíll be swimming or use it as a final coat over better performing mascaras.

on 4/29/2014 5:00:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This stuff wasn't terrible, but that's not really something I'd like to say about a purchase. Not terrible is not good enough. It did go on smoothly, but I didn't find I could build for more drama. It ended up clumping around the base of my lashes like crazy, too. I didn't have many smudges, which is a good thing. I just wasn't wowed, and didn't feel like the staying factor was anything to write home about. Super easy to remove, because at the end of the day it was mostly gone. I love Tarte as a company, but won't be buying this mascara again.

Popular Mascaras