Cover Girl Lipslicks

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

I have worn these for many years, mostly in the shade "Cutie", but I also love "Bronze Goddess" when I wan't a darker coral bronze shade. The newer "Smoochies" Lipslicks are the same formula, just tweeked packaging and shades. "Be Sweet" is the same as the former "Cutie" and "Only U" is the same as the former "Bronze Goddess", although I don't love that the newer packaging looks like it's targeted for tweens. I am glad I can still get the formula and shades I love, but I wish Covergirl would stop re-marketing the same products over and over, it's insulting to their consumers. I will re-buy because these are not the least bit sticky or heavy, but also don't dry out my lips like so many other lipbalms/lipsticks do.

on 1/9/2014 10:25:00 PM

HG. I've gone through three of these in the last year and a half (daring and hipster) and it's all I use.

I can still remember my best friend showing me these in the middle school gym locker room fifteen years ago. I've tried tens of other lipglosses since then, but many have a tacky texture that's uncomfortable... this is just smooth and moisturizing. (Btw, see my notepad about my new favorite secondhand designer clothing store.)

on 9/26/2013 8:17:00 AM

I came across these yesterday at a closeout store for $1.49! They are still how I remember them growing up a nice hint of color and that lovely soft scent. =)

on 3/26/2013 12:45:00 AM

I looove Cover Girl Lipslicks!

I bought this in Princess. It is a shimmery pink shade. I was worried it was going to be a little too frosty, but it was the perfect shade for me.

I like the packaging and the product lasts a long time.

It is also very easy to apply.

on 3/15/2013 9:20:00 PM

I bought this in the Cutie shade. It's somewhat moisturizing, but a little too shimmery for my taste. It's got a distinct lipstick-y taste, but it's not overbearingly horrible. I'd suggest wearing at least a thin layer of chapstick under this when you apply it only because it will make dry lips look even drier when applied. The lipslick has very nice packaging though. I probably won't be repurchasing the stick version of these lipslicks, but I might try the lip gloss tube versions.

I really, really like these. I didn't realize how much until I tried Maybelling Baby Lips recently. I have probably used Covergirl Lipslicks for 7 or 8 years. I keep one in my purse and in the bathroom drawer for touchups during the day. Just a hint of color and lots of moisture. I just wish it had sunscreen in it.

on 3/4/2012 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

These are a perfect, timeless classic! I have been using Lip Slicks for 15 years. I could not tell you how many tubes I have purchased over the years. I like all colors, but the lighter ones I apply just like chapstick. They are glossy, moisturizing, long-lasting, and with a hint of color, they are perfect for keeping in your pocket and applying whenever without a mirror. These are neither cakey and waxy, or that awful plastic silicone feel. They are just perfect! I love my expensive, highly pigmented lip sticks, but for everyday, around the house, running to the grocery store type days, these are perfect. I keep the clear one all the time just for moisturizer underneath lip stick. I love the L'Oreal Balm sticks as well. Those two products I think are VERY similar. I agree with the person who said if they had to pick just one lip product, it would be this. I never get tired of these. They do kind of have that traditional waxy, old fashioned lip stick smell, but it's not overpowering, and I can't smell it unless I stick the tube right up to my nose. The only way to make these perfect would be to add some nice fruity smelly and flavor. If they did that, I would probably never even try any other lip products.

on 1/4/2012 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

If I had to pick one lip product it would be these. They are a shimmery tinted lip balm pretty much but are soo nice. I like how light and airy they feel on my lips and the shimmer is so pretty. They are sheer but do leave a hint of color and can be built up or applied lighter. I also love the pretty pastel colored packaging they have.

on 12/21/2011 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have literally over a hundred lipsticks but I find myself using Cover Girl lipslicks almost every day. The colors are sheer and beautiful. The lasting power is very short but I can reapply without looking in a mirror and they are moisturizing. This is one of the very few products that I have bought over and over again for several years.

on 11/22/2011 9:28:00 PM

I've tried almost everything out there in terms of balms, always seeking to make my lips soft and smooth. Apart from vaseline and cocoa butter, lipslicks is one of the only things that makes my lips soft. It does wear off after a while, but when it does lips don't feel super dry or cracked like most balms made my lips feel (i.e. Blistex, chapstick, carmex, nivea). I love the packaging as well, I think it looks sleek and sophisticated. The smell is kinda bad, it definitely smells like makeup, but application is easy. I found it to be better than the new Baby lips by Maybelline, which wore off a lot faster and made my lips feel dry after.

Tbh, I will probably stick with vaseline and palmer's cocoa butter in stick form from now on, but lipslicks is next on my list in terms of performance.

Popular Lipsticks