Dr. Brandt Pores No More

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Water, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Stearyl Fumarate, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Magnesium Silicate, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract, Octyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Methylparaben, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Dimethyloxobenzo Dioxasilane, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Iron Oxide (CI 77492), Iron Oxide (CI 77499). 6/7/09

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I do not understand why every subscription service and beauty retailer feels the need to throw in a sample tube of this with every single order, but I have gone through about 10 sample tubes of this so far. I feel like it's being forced on me in every direction, which annoys me since I have a pathological need to use every single sample I receive EVER. In fact, two different subscription services enclosed TWO tubes of this on two different occasions in the same bag/box. I will say it's a decent mattifying formula as someone with very oily skin. There's quite a visible difference upon first applying this. I do not have particularly large pores, so this is not something I can give much insight on. However, despite the visible impact it has upon application, I do not find it does much in terms of keeping my skin matte any more than simply using a setting powder, a different primer, etc. My oily skin still needs some touch ups after some time. This is why I will never cave and actually spend the $45 on a full sized version of this (1 oz). There are also 0.5 oz versions of this available for $15. (And I apparently have a never ending supply of sample tubes of this coming my way.) I generally prefer a silicone primer (Smashbox, Vincent Longo, Lancôme), and this is definitely silicone-y with an added concoction of tea tree oil (which is what this smells like) and flaxseed (hence the powdery feel to it). I dig the skincare benefits to this, but it'll never be HG status for me. It is, first and foremost, a primer. I don't feel as though it prolongs my makeup at all. I feel it creates a very smooth/nice canvas to get me started. However, it lacks the staying power a great primer is made of.

on 4/27/2015 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I received this in an Ipsy glam bag and was very underwhelmed. I don't like anything about this product. The texture is very weird - it's very light and turns powdery on your skin. I feel like I have to use a bunch of product because it disappears so fast on my skin. I notice no difference in the way my skin looks when I wear this. 2-3 hours after wearing this my skin is very oily. I will definitely not be purchasing this.

on 4/9/2015 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I didn't notice any major differences when using this product but then again, I do not have big pores. I won't purchase it again

on 3/29/2015 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I Luke this product. I am 39, don't have many wrinkles, but my skin is very oily and I do have big pores. I used it the first week with my foundation and it did look smooth and my pores did appear to look smaller. I have been in search for a good foundation but haven't been able to find one yet so lately I have just been using this primer after I moisturize and apply sun block. I have only been wearing eyeliner, mascara, and lipstick but I have received so many comments on my skin. I will be buying this again.

on 2/20/2015 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Acne-prone ladies, beware!!!

I can definitely see why this is a good product for some people. I like how light and matte it feels when you apply it on your skin and it truly does get rid of your pores. It kind of makes my make-up look a bit dry and patchy, and I'm usually very oily.

As usual, I tested this on a part of my face before I tried it all over because I'm usually very acne-prone and I didn't even get to test this for more than a day because I woke up to clogged pores plus an oncoming breakout on my forehead. This is definitely a warning sign to me because I'm very acne-prone all over my face but I usually never get any pimples on my forehead! If this product can give me a breakout on my forehead, I can't imagine what it would have done on my most acne-prone areas...!

So, I went to research the ingredients more thoroughly (I should've done this before buying, good thing I got the smaller version.) and it contains 'Octyl Palmitate' which is rated a 4/5 and High on acne-causing, comedogenic ingredients list. I guess my skin is just extremely sensitive and prone to getting pimples than most, so if you're like me, just be warned!

Returning this and never buying again.

on 2/7/2015 4:37:00 PM

Really makes me look flawless..........I like the pump and the face that has a slight tint. I am 65 years old and my skin looks flawless. I will be purchasing it again and again.

on 2/7/2015 3:50:00 PM

I have been using this product for about 2 weeks now and it's been good. I found it starting to minimizing my pores and absorbing oil to mattifying shine in the T-zone. I use it under my foundation and use it part of my daily routine. It's smooth texture allows for flawless application. I prefer a pump than a squeeze tube so it pumps out a tiny amount. I do find extended wear of my makeup and I don't have to re-touch it throughout the day. I might repurchase this, but it's $55 at Sephora Canada for 1 floz / 30ml tube. I find it little expensive for a primer. Overall I'm satisfied.

Edit: So I have been using this product for 3 months now and it's been great! It helps minimizing my pores and matte my shine before I put my foundation on. To experiment, I decided to add it on top of some pimple area and in a few days it reduced the redness and size. I found it to be a good concealer on top of them. I'm about half way through the tube, so I will be making a final review when I'm done. Thanks for reading!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'd like to say before my review, that my bad skin reaction seems to be shared with only a minority of people, for others it is their HG. I was excited to receive this in a subscription box as I had heard a lot about it. The packaging was good, in a nice tube so there is no double dipping. I ignored the mixed reviews and applied it underneath my usual foundation. Long story short, this broke me out by the end of the day with the start of cystic spots and masses of whiteheads. I figured that I should give it the benefit of the doubt, gave my skin a break from it and have tried again several times since, all with the same painful outcome. I do have combination skin with typical TOTM breakouts, but I am surprised to see such an immediate reaction from my skin, even with trialling products it usually takes my skin at least a few days to register if it is unhappy with something. It is a shame, as I have seen such fantastic results on others - this might work for you perfectly, it just did not agree with my skin at all.

on 12/24/2014 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This use to be my HG primer. I always use to recommend it to all my friends. My skin was very oily and had little pores and I was convinced this was working on my skin for years. It did make my makeup last long however, after switching to Tarte for the last few months I have realize this primer actually caused me to become oiler and make my pores look much large. It also caused me to break out in tiny bumps which I hadn't noticed until I switched primers. Now my skin is combination and my makeup never looks oily on my skin.

on 11/30/2014 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Did okay, has a strong astringent smell. I think some of my drug store primers and other higher end brands do a better job. Won't repurchase.

Popular Treatments (Face)