Jordana LipShine Shimmer Glaze Brush On Gloss - Banana Cream

Price: $

Price: $

Overall this was a good gloss, but I accidentally bought it not realizing that some of the glazes are shimmers and others are just glossy (which are the "natural" items). My fault completely though! Regardless, it's a nice gloss and feels good on the lips. I thought the banana scent was nice and not at all bothersome. It smells more like a banana candy rather than an actual banana, which is probably a good thing. The color was a warm nude color. I think with my pale skin, I need a peach-y or pink-y nude since a warmer nude ends up looking a little muddy on me. It's about the same as my lips when it comes to how dark/light it is. Fantastic price! You can't beat only $2 for a good lip gloss. Give the Jordana glosses a try!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Jordana in Banana Cream comes out to be a beautiful beige color . It has a pen clicking applicator which I personally love . It was not drying and looked very natural and pretty . The smells reminds me of Banana cream pie .

on 7/2/2010 1:29:00 PM

I ran across these at my local Walgreen and they were on sale for $1 each! I was looking for a new lip color that wasn't expensive liek some fo the $9-11 ones that sometimes are no so impressive for the price. I was surprised to find the banana scent on application. Sometimes they just smell like chemicals or nothing special. I didn't find any bitter aftertaste and had no problems with the applicator that others have mentioned. You really only need to twist the bottom of the application 2-3 times for product to come out, it takes a moment for the pressure to release the product through the brush. Too many turns and yes, you will get too much, easy does it! I will definitely head back and pick up a bunch more of this brand. I prefer the neutral tones without all the glitter/shimmer but something more work appropriate. This is a great neutral taupe/beige with pink undertones.

on 8/22/2008 10:23:00 PM

umm, i really liked the pink grapefruit one ( doesn't smell like grapefruit but like candy), but this one smells like banana toxic cream. it really bothers me. i might have to return it.

This doesn't give much color, but it smells and feels great on your lips. The applicator is a bit weird, because the tip will run out of lip gloss, so you'll twist the end, and none comes out, so you end up twisting it so much that it all comes out in a great big glob. For a buck, though, it's worth buying.

on 4/12/2007 11:54:00 AM

This is truly wonderful. Who would've thought that for $1.00 and change you could find an amazing lipgloss?? This color is beautiful on my lips, a sheer, wearable beige with no sparkle, great for a neutral look. I tried it with the Prestige l/l in "shimmer" and it's a fantastic pair. It lasts a long time and it smells just like banana cream pie, but I do get annoyed with the applicator. As someone else noted, it's hard to tell how much gloss has been deposited into the brush and suddenly-ploop!-it all comes gushing out and it's waaay too much. Oh well. I'm still in love with it. And to think I paid all that money for a MAC "lushglass" that wasn't quite as pretty and, like, a million times more expensive..

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this stuff!!! I have looked, purchaed and wasted money trying to find a YLBB color. I'm a DDD and my lips are very pigmented brownish/reddish color and most glosses look clear. This give me a nice beighy natural (if that makes sense) color. It's not clear which is a miracle for me. Just enough pigmentation. I smell the banana smell on the pen applicator but not when I apply to my lips. I also did not notice a bitter taste. I don't taste anything. I'm glad it's not too glossy but more of a sheen that Oprah wear a lot. I love it and would recomend all DDD's looking for a natural-ish color buy. No complaints.

Awesome lip gloss for such a cheap price! I like the lip shines in the natural glazes (which this one is) as opposed to the lip shines in shimmer glazes (which left a residue of glitter on my lips after the color faded away). I love the banana scent and the color is also great - a sheer light beige with some pink.

I gave only 4 lippies for packaging though because the twist up pen applicator makes it difficult to control the amount of lip gloss that oozes out. I twist and twist and twist and then finally gloss oozes out but it's usually a lot more than what I need. However, I do like the brush tip as it is an improvement over doe foot applicators.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

At 2/$3 at Walgreens I can't wait to try more of these Jordana LipShines. They come in a click style pen applicator, are actually decently pigmented, and come in corresponding scents that match their namesake.

Banana Cream is a beautiful pinky beige that is a little bit sheer but still a decent amount of pigment. It has a wonderful banana cream scent that is very true. The scent fades pretty fast, I can't really notice it once it is on my lips. I love the color. I do wish it was a little bit more pigmented, but it's pretty close to the color I'm always trying to turn my lips with lipsticks/glosses anyways.

My only 2 complaints about this gloss are: Unfortuantly there isn't a yummy flavor to coincide with the yummy scent. It seeps in my mouth a bit, and there's a bitter aftertaste. Not exactly pleasant at times. And second, the gloss could stand to be a little thicker, I'm sure I'll use it up quickly b/c it needs frequent reapplication. continued >>

Recommended for Medium Skin