La Mer Creme de la mer moisturizer

3.5

Ingredients: Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Lime Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesame Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesame Seeds, Alfalfa Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Powdered Almonds, [sodium, Potassium, Copper, Calcium, Duncecap, Magnesium, And Zinc Gluconate], Paraffin, Vitamin E Succinate, Niacin, Beta-carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat

on 5/7/2015 2:54:00 PM

So, after reading and hearing how some of my friends think this stuff is the best thing since sliced bread, I decided to buy the smallest, cheapest jar of the stuff.
Yes, it hydrates. But to me, not any better than my argon oil that is 10% of the cost for twice as much product.
I do think it is helping a new scar I have over my eye from stitches I got a couple months ago look better. So its good for that.
I'm not sure I'll get this stuff again. I do think its better for people with problem skin. I don't have much in the way of problems, just want something to make me look younger. For me, this isn't quite the product.

on 5/5/2015 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I hate the price, but this product is the only one my skin loves. I have very reactive, acne-prone skin. I can find moisturizers that hydrate my skin, but they normally clog my pores, cause irritation, or acne. La Mer calms, soothes, hydrates, HEALS, & repairs my skin. It even heals acne that won't go away (I'm not sure how, but it does!) For several months, I've been trying different moisturizer brands, & my skin is a mess. I now have a couple of zits that just want to live on my face forever. La Mer to the rescue. In 2 days, my skin looks & feels so much better. It's healing, repairing, & looks more dewey & radiant. I'll have to buy another jar of La Mer (waaaaa!) But, I think if I apply it only at night, the 1 oz. jar will last me 5-6 months. So, in the long run, I may be spending about the same money. Currently, I'm constantly buying new products trying to find THE ONE. That's very expensive, & it doesn't work for me. I give up- La mer is THE ONE!

on 5/2/2015 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love it. I've used other brands that have provided more moisture, but this is the only one that made my skin look better

on 4/16/2015 7:38:00 AM

This moisturizing cream is over hyped. It not better than other moisturizers. For the how expensive it is it contains chemical byproducts, minerals oil, silicone,other chemical and irritants. The brand Nivea Uk and Asia version has a face cream that is $ the $$$ price that is a close dupe in ingredients to this cream. Some times more expensive doesn't mean works better is the ingredients and how your skin reacts to the product.
Just some side facts mineral oil(paraffinum liquidum), petrolatum and paraffin are basic cheap ingredients that are in most drug store and high end moisturizers. These ingredients are byproducts derived from petroleum which is a from of gasoline. They have same origins in fossils fuels. How these ingredients works is by locking moisture in the skin, mineral oil and silicons sits on the skinís surface like plastic rap and can potentially block pores. Your outer skin does eliminate toxins, sweat, and oil and absorbs moisture from the air. By blocking the pores it doesn't allow any oil, sweat or toxin to come out so it trapped underneath the skin which can cause clogged pores even breakouts

on 4/11/2015 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I'm shocked that people don't love La Mer. While I have extremely dry, fair skin, this product might not be for everyone who doesn't,

I love the way my skin looks and feels after applying Creme de la mer moisturizer. My skin glows and is hydrated beyond what I had in high school.

I fly a lot and new this is what the celebrities use when they fly and finally spent the money to try it. So worth it. Plus it smells incredible.

I am still on my first jar as I use it sparingly given the cost, but when I am extremely dry or am traveling, this is my go-to product. I only wish I could find something this good that wasn't quite as expensive.

on 4/9/2015 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

My legs are so dry they look like snake skin for practically my whole life. This stuff is the ONLY product that has actually smoothed them out moisturized them 100%. Unfortunately, with the mind-boggling price tag, I could NEVER afford to buy it. 😢 My daughter happened to buy it for herself and she didn't like the smell so she gave it to me. Otherwise I would have never had the opportunity to try and LOVE this stuff! 😩😩😩

on 4/8/2015 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

totally not convinced! a simple moisturizer.

on 3/28/2015 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I know many of you here think this is a total waste of money, maybe it is for some....but for me it worked like magic on my skin. I did go through a lot of creams during this winter before settling with this one...and I have done extensive research on the ingredients before buying this product. If anyone interested, check out my review on my blog: http://bit.ly/1GBzgK4 It is however way too intense for anything other than dry winter months.

on 3/26/2015 8:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was thoroughly disappointed having spent £700 on their products to discover there was very little substance to their products. The creams are a marketing ploy to lure customers in upon their gimmicky packaging, there is absolutely nothing that is of value, in their potions. They do nothing and they offer a very poor mixture of components that does nothing to improve skin's texture or its' appearance. All their products fail on the following :
enhancing skin's texture, infusing radiance, removal of fine lines, uneven skin tone and pigmentation, pore reduction, luminosity, nourishing the skin with essential oils and replenishing it. This creme is absolutely good for nothing, useless cream that has a hefty price tag and bogus packaging to lure you in so you feel special because you have bought an expensive product - this is merely the purpose it's serving, therefore avoid at all costs and invest in a £1 Nivea Cream which will bring you better result at a fraction of the price. I repeat - AVOID!

on 3/23/2015 3:57:00 PM

I don't understand the hype around this product. It's all MARKETING and nothing else.

Keep in mind that it's in a jar (read: anything good inside will break down when exposed to air and light and you're left with a jar of nothing). Not to mention that it's unsanitary to constantly be dipping into it again and again. The inclusion of essential oils also damages skin and makes it more sensitive to UV rays and can increase the speed of skin aging - the opposite of what it's MEANT to do.

There are WAY better options out there for much less money.

Popular Moisturizers